DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moiraine + Kelsier in Suvudu cage match

mop

the writeup with tarzan and moiraine just felt.... wrong. the same way she encased an archer at range in new spring, she would have encased tarzan, whether it was with the angreal she currently has, or before she went into "finn"-land. there just isn't an actual fight there. but i suppose fiction is fiction, so you gotta give it something. i just hate the original author of tarzan (racist apartheid backward redneck bastard), and have a distaste for those who perpetuate his work.

Yea cus Tarzan really needs that level of power to be defeated.

Of course it doesn't take Balefire to defeat Tarzan. I'm just saying, Go big or go home... Assured victory, no time wasted, and on the plus side, "Tarzan who?"

Ehh, aSoIaF fans are, yet again, trying to get a character who would probably lose to a termite to win. Shall we crush them?

COngratulations, you did it :) I, actually, didn't vote on that match (Tyrion is the only reason why I continued reading aSoIaF (I'm in the middle of book 5 now)), but it's really satisfying to see all my aSoIaF fan friends whining. They thought Tyrion had won, but the SUVUDU revealed the cheating.

And Zaphod winning a tied match on extra time and penalties made me feel as if my favourite team had just won the Champions League :)

Let's vote now, let's see Moiraine vs. Kelsier on the quarter-final!

Well, in their defense, it is the longest series in the tournament by far, so it's harder to just read a bit and understand from that. Also, the first book is not that great at explaining channeling.

Anyways, let's go Granny!

Yes, every write-up made by suvudu has some flaws, but it's normal. They are not their authors, after all. Suvudu screwed even Granny Weatherwax personality in the write-ups (witches do not apologise and they do not set innocent people on fire) even though Granny appears to be their favourite for the title (and mine, too). They are just trying to block to some extent the inevitable fanboyism from the large WOT, ASOIAF and Malazan forums by trying to "help" other characters have some more votes. Just like referee decisions in every type of sports are not always fair, and there's nothing you can do but accept them.

So, I really don't want a battle of the forums (WOT vs. Malazan) on the semifinal and in my opinion Zaphod is the only one who has some (endlessly improbable :) ) chance to win a final against Granny in a real battle (well, Moirane or Rake would put a decent fight but lose, eventually).

As for Moiraine vs. Kelsier, I have voted Moiraine. I just like her more than Kel. On the other hand, I would really like to see Marsh in the next year cage match.

It's kind of hard to put a WOT channeler up against characters from other settings, because realistically there's no way they should lose. Hold a barrier of air up until the enemy comes into sight, then hit them with balefire. Problem is that it doesn't make for interesting reading.

A more interesting choice would have been Mat.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyways, let's go Granny!

+1!

But Granny is currently losing. From the very beginning I pray for Moiraine vs. Granny Weatherwax final. If Moiraine wins the cage match tournament without facing both the strongest and the most spectacular rivals (which are Rake and Granny, respectively) I would be in doubt if she really deserved the victory. If there are other people here who think the same, then let them vote both for Moiraine and Granny in the semi-finals.

P.S. as a reply for the previous post. Mat is not an interesting choice at all. You can not put Mat in a contest like that. All his matches would be as if FC Barcelona play against my grandparent's village team.

Archived