La roue du Temps (WoT en french)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Camon Amphor

Camon Amphor
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

So I recently began learning french and I want to read my favorite series in french! So I looked up the books in french, apparently two books were released for each book in english. I cannot seem to find any ebooks of them anywhere/all the prices on Amazon and other book sites are really high. If anyone knows where to find them, I would greatly appreciate the help.

#2 Faun

Faun
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Hmm. I get all my french books from the Libraire de France in NYC. The store owner, hand wraps each book and attaches a special message for each purchase. The books are usually a fair price. I'm not sure if they have WoT but it's worth looking for. I think you could even request it.

#3 Camon Amphor

Camon Amphor
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hmm. I get all my french books from the Libraire de France in NYC. The store owner, hand wraps each book and attaches a special message for each purchase. The books are usually a fair price. I'm not sure if they have WoT but it's worth looking for. I think you could even request it.

Thanks I will definitely look them up!

#4 Master Ablar

Master Ablar
  • DM - Staff
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

When is the last time you went there? Because according to this they closed back in 2009.

Edited by Master Ablar, 11 March 2012 - 02:31 PM.

I think one of the reasons the Black Tower has become so popular in fandom isn't just that you get to dress in black and set fires with your mind, it's the sense of struggle the Asha'man have. To save the world, they have to embrace the part of themselves that's terrible and destructive. They risk madness to learn how to channel. It's a tremendous sacrifice they make.

#5 Camon Amphor

Camon Amphor
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

When is the last time you went there? Because according to this, they closed back in 2009.

Yes I am getting the same results...

Edited by Camon Amphor, 05 March 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#6 Rose

Rose
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

You can order them from Amazon, but yeah, they're expensive. It's because they're split in two and each costs more than the books in English. There are no ebooks, not even illegal ones ! ;)

I wouldn't really recommend reading the WoT in French though. Maybe if you're a learner you won't notice, but the translation is not very good, and it gets worse as of LoC when they changed the translator. Then you start getting huge typos like Verin being suddenly referred to as a Green sister.

A completely new translation is coming out at the end of the month with a new publisher though, so we'll see if it's better. I already think the little blurb sounds better than on the previous translation. And they're not splitting the books. It's still expensive, but less than the other ones :) Here is "L'Œil du monde"

Edited by Rose, 05 March 2012 - 08:01 PM.

"We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder."

#7 Faun

Faun
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

They closed the store from visiting but they take mail in orders. I received my book a month ago.

#8 Rose

Rose
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Found the ebook! It's only sold on Amazon France as far as I can tell though... http://www.amazon.fr...31081478&sr=8-3
"We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder."

#9 Camon Amphor

Camon Amphor
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Haha thanks!!! I didn't even think to check amazon.fr... I am looking into it now :)