DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

IWW 2012 - Write an Article - New Deadline!

Mystica

IWW2012WriteanArticleBanner.jpg

We know there is quite a bit of talent among our fellow DMers in the art of writing. Some of you prefer to use poetry, others are more drawn to writing short stories while still others may have a secret love for funny stories or straight forward news-style articles. Whatever way of writing appeals to you, we want to hear from you.

Welcome, to the Writing Competition of the IWW 2012 event!

Your challenge:

Write an article in whichever form or style you wish on the topic of this year's International Woman's Day:

Connecting Girls, Inspiring Futures

Rules:

•  
  • Your article must be well written, grammar and spellchecked and be between a minimum of half a page and maximum two pages in Word, font size 12.
  • The article must be written by you, in your own words.
  • Each article must have a title.
  • Articles must be written in English.
  • You can submit as many articles as you like. But only one per topic. So no two articles on the same contents.

Topic:

The topics chosen can be anything, so long as it relates in some way to this year's theme (see above).

If you are drawing a blank, here are some examples for you to choose from or to draw inspiration from:

note: these topics are not a must. You are free to choose a topic of your own, so long as it relates to the above theme.

•  
  • a specific woman that inspires you or has inspired someone you know.
  • Men and women that have been or are still actively involved in women’s rights.
  • A woman who was/is the first female in a predominantly male occupation/job/environment or who has played a significant role in opening the door to those fields for women in general
  • Men who are active (or have been active) in a predominantly female position/occupation/environment (think about male nurses, for instance) and have helped break the gender stereoptying through that.

Publication of the winning articles.

The Red Ajah will review the submissions and decide on the best ones. Articles that show real effort and are in line with the rules and relate best to this year's theme will be published on the IWW Website, posted on the Red Ajah blog here on Dragonmount, linked to on the DM Facebook page and any other way we can put your work in the spotlight.

There is no limit to the amount of articles that can win.

Submitting your article.

Do NOT post your article here, but send it to me in a pm. Subject of the pm IWW Article.

Deadline for submission: 16 March 2012.

Bumpity. Who's going to be the first one to brave this challenge and submit an article? I wonder. Will it be a DM member of an outsider?

Yes, I've been cheecky. The challenge has been presented to Non-DMers as well.

Update: the non-DMers are at the lead again in this activity. Are you all really going to let them outshine us?

I'm postponing this activity till next week Friday, so you have another full week to send in your articles.

I'm also going to invite other groups in to this activity.

Archived