DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite "Quiet" Scenes

aross

Cadsuanne first appearance

No scenes featuring Cadsuane are quiet. :laugh:

The scene with the Sea Folk comes close, but maybe that's because Cadsuane was trying particularily hard to be diplomatic in that scene. :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scene in...TFoH I think, when Colavare's been trying to seduce Rand with all those girls, and Rand makes her think it's actually her he wants. Then when she comes to his rooms, Aviendha beats the crap out of her, and when Rand hears about it he's basically like "You can't beat ladies, you oaf!"

- The Far Snows: the only time in the books where Rand is honest and free about his feelings for Aviendha and vice versa.

- The Maidens bathing Rand in Cairhien with Min watching

- Aviendha's visions of the future in Rhuidean

- A visit from Verin Sedai

- Siuan Sanche bonding Gareth Bryne

- Mat - Tuon courtship: all of it, especially "Lion loose on the high plains" and when she tells him "I'm enjoying seeing you on your hilltop" when he was standing between two hills.

Call me creepy but, I love the scene in FoH when Kadere is in his wagon after he has murdered Isendre and he's chopping her up into little tiny bits, reminiscing about his sister. I love RJ's ability to get into the mind's of the evil-doers and portry their thoughts so well. I found it funny that Kadere never even realized that Lanfear was amongst them. He just thinks to himself that she must have been butchered by the Aiel during the night or something...

Excellent darker writing IMHO.

From 'Knife of Dreams' just re-read this quote, still chuckling. It's when Loial and Erith get married. On the surface it's a bit...

"He cupped the back of her head and barely had the presence of mind not to finger her ear".

Loial's got some suspect fetishes.

The scene where Rand is subtly questioning Elenia to find out if the girl he wants to bang is a close blood relative. Hah!

:laugh: I loved that scene. There was also some bonus satisfaction for us who had figured it out beforehand.

Mat and Birgitte in aCoS.

This! Their whole conversation is one of the best quiet moments in the series.

As I'm doing my final re-read, I'm sure more will crop up...I also like the very early scene when Moiraine and Thom meet in the Two Rivers and are talking about stories. Moiraine mentions "some stories she likes, some she does not". It's really something that only sticks out upon re-reading, obviously, but I thought it was funny how she was subtly telling Thom "you know what I am, so don't be telling scary Aes Sedai stories and blowing up my spot here". :P

• 1 month later...

Hi! :)

I don't know if this counts but i totally love the Rand-Nyn moment at "Towers Of Midnight". It was one of the most emotional moments in the whole series. I actually cried when she hugged him. Very powerful!

Also Egwene and Moiraine's talk by the fire when she was teaching her about the One Power ("The Eye Of The World")

Every moment with Rand and Avi together. :rolleyes::wub:

The novice/accepted (Sarah I think?) who saw Min arrive being killed on the farm is one of the saddest/most awesome scenes in the series. Something about her PoV makes you really feel like she was hard done by being sent there, and then she dies for just doing what she was told. You learnt her hopes and dreams in that short passage only to have them suddenly ripped out.

• 2 weeks later...

The chapter What Follows In Shadow from tEotW where Egwene and Rand are being teased for all the people they flirted with while the party was separated. It was a nice moment from way back when because all of them seemed so innocent and hopeful. Plus the first time I read the book I genuinely thought that Rand and Egwene would end up together, so it is weird to think about how far apart they have grown when they were originally so close.

Archived