Photo

Tune or No Tune - (I Just) Died in Your Arms by Cutting Crew (9th February --> 20th February 2012)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Is "(I Just) Died in Your Arms" a Tune?? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Is "(I Just) Died in Your Arms" a Tune??

1. TUNE!!!!!! (2 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. NO TUNE!!!!! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Corki

Corki

ex-Marshal-General of the BotRH

• Members
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

Now that I am back from my work trip, I am getting a handful of threads up tonight, which will carry on until the end of next week.

"Tune or No Tune" is a simple, weekly thread hosted by the Band of the Red Hand Social Group. All you need to do is decide whether the song I have chosen is a TUNE (i.e. you love it) or a NO TUNE (i.e. you hate it). Quite simple, really!

During January, the theme was to look back at songs from the previous year, as well as a look at artists who are expected to hit the big time in 2012. There were a couple of "It's A Knockout" threads covering these, and the winning songs have been put up to the vote. Now, I can start focusing on February's theme - love songs.

The first song for February's theme is (I Just) Died in Your Arms by Cutting Crew. Released in 1986, the power ballad peaking at number 1 in the United States, Canada and Finland, and was a top 5 hit in UK, South Africa, Sweden and Switzerland.

The song was written by singer Nick Van Eede. The actual words "I just died in your arms tonight" originally came to Van Eede while he was having sex with his girlfriend. The French phrase "la petite mort", or "a little death", being an obscure metaphor for orgasm. After writing down his version of the phrase, Van Eede later used it as the opening line to the song as well as using it as the chorus.

The song has been very popular. It has appeared in many films, like Never Been Kissed and Hot Tub Time Machine. And it also proved to be a popular song to be covered, with many artists like Jason Donovan.

It's such a well known song, and makes many lists for the top love songs around. And it's a classic. As a result, I give (I Just) Died in Your Arms by Cutting Crew the vote of TUNE.

For those of you who haven't heard the piece, here is a link to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dOwHzCHfgA&ob=av2e

The poll closes in a week's time, which is Monday 20th February 2012. So make sure you vote now before the time for the latest "Tune or No Tune" poll finishes!

Also, if you want to suggest a tune for "Tune or No Tune", do not hesitate to drop me a PM.

Corki

Cavalry

Former Marshal-General of the Band of the Red Hand (Social Group Leader)

#2 Corki

Corki

• Members
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

Banders, Please Note:

Voting in "Tune or No Tune" threads counts towards posting in an activity thread for points gained through the roll call. However, in order for that to qualify, you need to post that you voted. Otherwise you won't get the recognition or the promotion points via the roll call.

Corki
Marshal-General
Social Group Leader

Corki

Cavalry

#3 dragonlover

dragonlover

Archer Redarm

• Members
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

tune
Posted Image
Banded to Zeth Alley / Mistress of Temptation

#4 Corki

Corki

• Members
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Please don't forget that this thread is also running this week as well.

Corki

Cavalry