Photo

Tune or No Tune - DJ, Ease My Mind by Niki & The Dove (9th February --> 20th February 2012)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Is "DJ, Ease My Mind" a Tune?? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Is "DJ, Ease My Mind" a Tune??

1. TUNE!!!!!! (3 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. NO TUNE!!!!! (2 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Corki

Corki

ex-Marshal-General of the BotRH

• Members
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Now that I am back from my work trip, I am getting a handful of threads up tonight, which will carry on until the end of next week.

"Tune or No Tune" is a simple, weekly thread hosted by the Band of the Red Hand Social Group. All you need to do is decide whether the song I have chosen is a TUNE (i.e. you love it) or a NO TUNE (i.e. you hate it). Quite simple, really!

During January, the theme was to look back at songs from the previous year, as well as a look at artists who are expected to hit the big time in 2012. There were a couple of "It's A Knockout" threads covering these, and it is now time to put the winners from these threads up to vote in "Tune or No Tune". The second winner is from the "It's A Knockout" thread for "The Sound of 2012".

And our winner of the contest was Swedish electro pop trio Niki & The Dove. In the real BBC "Sound of 2012" contest, the group came fifth overall. Formed in February 2010, the trio are Malin Dahlström as vocals, Gustaf Karlöf on the keyboards and Magnus Böqvist on drums.

Their first single was The Fox, which was released in 2011. They have an self-titled album due for release in May 2012. The group have produced numerous music videos, which can be found on YouTube.

As for DJ, Ease My Mind, the single has not been released yet, but will be sometime later this month. It has an 80s-synth feel to it with a nice drum beat to it. The alluringly haunting vocals give the song a rather dark feel. But it is a very easy song to listen to. And this is hopefully the start of something big for the group.

And I love it! It's taken me quite some time to write this thread, since I am nodding along and drumming my fingers as I listen to it! Roll on May, for I will be buying their album! Therefore, I give DJ, Ease My Mind by Niki & The Dove the vote of TUNE.

For those of you who haven't heard the piece, here is a link to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnexkG4RrtA&ob=av2n

The poll closes in a week's time, which is Monday 20th February 2012. So make sure you vote now before the time for the latest "Tune or No Tune" poll finishes!

Also, if you want to suggest a tune for "Tune or No Tune", do not hesitate to drop me a PM.

Corki

Cavalry

Former Marshal-General of the Band of the Red Hand (Social Group Leader)

#2 Corki

Corki

• Members
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

Banders, Please Note:

Voting in "Tune or No Tune" threads counts towards posting in an activity thread for points gained through the roll call. However, in order for that to qualify, you need to post that you voted. Otherwise you won't get the recognition or the promotion points via the roll call.

Corki
Marshal-General
Social Group Leader

Corki

Cavalry

#3 AMD44

AMD44
  • Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

Tune

#4 dragonlover

dragonlover

Archer Redarm

• Members
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

no tune
Posted Image
Banded to Zeth Alley / Mistress of Temptation

#5 Jeannaisais

Jeannaisais

Marshal-General (SGL) of the Band, Brown Ajah Aes Sedai

• DM - Staff
  • 13,433 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

tune

jea_sig.gif

Come see how the Band is doing with their different goals! Goal Tracking

#6 Corki

Corki

• Members
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

Please don't forget that this thread is also running this week as well.

Corki

Cavalry