DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Grayt Jello Love Fest : Favorite VDay Gifts

Rhea

Valentines-Day-Gifts-2011.jpg

Hey you love birds!

What is your favorite Valentines Gift that you have ever received? Is there anything you'd like to get from your sweetheart?

Or maybe there's something that you've given that was really special to that loved one.

Tell us about it and post pictures!

This is a really bad pic of me, but it was the best one I could find of the necklace (yes, I am in Disney World seeing what I look like with a Cajan Mickey hat on). I'd take a new pic of it, but it's at home on my headboard right now.

30476_1492294630413_1325451533_1898727_8105177_n.jpg

My ex and I had only been together about a month before our first Valentine's Day. He knew that I have this obsession with peridots, and that I wore my two peridot necklaces from my Godparents all of the time, so he got me a necklace that was a fake pearl with a teardrop peridot hanging from it. I wore that necklace every day we were together.

I'm a sucker for bracelets meself :happy:

Got this very pretty one with two hearts on it, sadly it got lost...probable because I wore it everywhere :(

but yeah, even without Vday, i think i have so many bracelets i could cover at least one arm without any skin showing thru. :laugh:

..this coming from the gal who owns no makeup and is not interested in earrings. :biggrin:

Heart! I Love the hat necklace!

Nya...I have never been big into bracelets cuz I catch them on everything and lost them all the time.

You know, I have to say that my favorite valentine's gifts that I have received have been the ones my kids made for me.

My favourite was a tiny yellow tweetie bird holding a red heart that my bodyguard gave me a few years ago. It's about half the size of my hand, which means it's about a quarter of the size of his ... lol ... he looked absolutely adorable holding out this tiny little yellow tweetie bird for me!

Bodyguard and I (I'm wearing 6 inch platform boots in that pic, btw ... he's a really BIG dude :P):

LGbd2005083.jpg

Bodyguard? WTF?

168415_1590606493769_1494060057_31260479_452030_n.jpg

This has a bit of back story, but we shall rock it.

Just before the husband and I started dating, I was in the process of finishing college. I couldn't afford to continue studying and was working my butt off at two jobs, and I was at the point of saying forget this, I am either moving to a bigger city or joining the military. The economy is just crap, and I need something.

Anyways, we started dating, and he knew I wasn't sticking around much longer. We got seriously REALLY fast, and I had always mentioned that the first thing I would buy with my first paycheck would be a set of real pearls. I hated seeing the girls in high school with all their real jewelry, and I am rocking WalMart stuff. The only real jewelry I owned was a ring from a deceased great aunt, a pearl bracelet from graduation, and my class ring.

Well, there we are, it's Valentine's Day, and I had to work. I get off work, and he picks me up, and we are heading back to my house to watch a movie. I am all annoyed because we both know that I won't be there much longer, like I was in the process of packing my things, was about to give my two weeks, all that. The car starts making weird noises, so he pulls over, and gets out.

I am sitting there, tired from work, and he asks me to open the glove box and look for the owner's manual. I open it up, and see a strand of pearls sitting there. I look up and he is at my car window, and just smiles at me, and says, "You will never have to worry about buying things for yourself again." And then pulled out the matching earrings.

Needless to say, I was all touched. He proposed a month later.

LAST YEAR, Jonathan was in Japan, and I had just come home for a few months. I was all sad, being separated on our second Valentine's Day together, but I got something in the mail!

185602_1601710251356_1494060057_31282751_1979753_n.jpg

Anyways, before Jon I always failed at V Day, so those are my two (and only) Vday gifts.

We usually just do cute little things on Vday, just a little reminder, I've gotten everything from the most cliché heart shaped chocolate box to a My little pony, tehe. We do "big" gifts on other occasions. My favourit gift is always flowers though, I want to be a florist and I adore getting flowers <3 Here's the ones I got for our first wedding anniversary:

319645_10150358051186830_608906829_10228810_376934_n.jpg

This is us <3

74422_498375926829_608906829_7590434_4792018_n.jpg

Ahahahaha he is huge, too! ... *goes to her corner*

This year, no jewelry. I made him promise not to. But, he leaves to go into the field for a month on VDay, so he took me this weekend, while we were visiting my family for family drama, out to a super nice place for dinner, with Fondue. It was fun, but I think he enjoyed it more than me.

Anyways, it was a few hours of us just, no phones, no family, no drama, and it was wonderful!

I do call him my Meatspace Warder, Rhea, since he's a very good friend too ... lol

Chrissie ... *bites lip*

Misheru, I absolutely love that flower pot! And the two of you look adorable in that pic :happy:

Ryrin, is that the favourite one you ever got, or that you would like to get?

A couple of years ago, my grandma got me a giant box of chocolates. They were amazing. :tongue:

I've generally failed at getting Valentine's gifts after I grew out of the age when everyone at school passed out Valentine's to everyone else. Heh.

Of course, about an hour ago, I opened a box that was sitting on my doorstep when I got home this evening and found a pot of Pink Calla Lilies from Eddie. I expressed a certain thought that I didn't like receiving cut flowers because they die (not that it stopped him from sending roses at Christmas) and that plants were cooler because they lived.

>.>

Of course, I said all of this having never received flowers or a plant. XD (*will admit to being quite impressed and touched that he did exactly what I said I didn't want him to do and bought me cut flowers anyway*)

So, instead of cut flowers for Valentine's Day, I received this lily. It's gorgeous...the lilies are white and pink (almost purpleish) and the leaves are such a vibrant green. ^.^ I will update with a picture tomorrow... too lazy to go take one now.

Now...I just hope I can keep this plant alive. Hehe. Anyone a gardener? :rolleyes:

As a side note, he has said that I have a box of something that will arrive by mail...whenever he gets to the Post Office to mail it. :lazybones: :tongue:

Lilies do best with a lot of sun--direct sun can be hard on the potted ones I've heard (all of mine have been just outdoor ones) but still have them in a room were there's a lot of light.

Lilies... Lilies.... If memory serves, they are not a plant that likes to be wet all of the time so make sure the soil/pot drains well (still water if the soil feels too dry though)... They aren't plants that would enjoy being put next to heaters.... Ummmm..... I feel like I'm forgetting something.... If you have any questions ask me or the internet :P

(I come from a family of green thumbs)

Let's see...valentine's day...well last year wolfbro and I had only been dating for a month but he wrote me a poem :biggrin: I love poetry that comes from the heart. In case you haven't guessed, I'm a hopeless romantic. Anywho he hinted he might be getting me another locket this year *smiles*

Lillies do like a spray of water now and then :) they are tropical plants, after all, like orchids.

I got flowers today! Woke up with a bouquet of flowers next to the bed (light only knows how he got fresh flowers at 8am in the morning). Makes up for the fact that he is away at work all day and night today :)

Elgee: I love that flower vase too, my best thrift store find so far. I simply love everything in that shade of blue! (and... it looks a bit like what I imagine Sea Folk porcelain vases to look like... )

Lilies do best with a lot of sun--direct sun can be hard on the potted ones I've heard (all of mine have been just outdoor ones) but still have them in a room were there's a lot of light.

Lilies... Lilies.... If memory serves, they are not a plant that likes to be wet all of the time so make sure the soil/pot drains well (still water if the soil feels too dry though)... They aren't plants that would enjoy being put next to heaters.... Ummmm..... I feel like I'm forgetting something.... If you have any questions ask me or the internet :P

(I come from a family of green thumbs)

:ohmy: But...the websites I've found said it wants lots and lots of water!!

>.<

*facepalm*

We should start up a thread and take bets for how long I can keep this thing alive.

Kate - I refuse to post how sweet that is here for fear of Ed's head swelling any larger. :tongue:

I completely understand. :wink:

Lillies do like a spray of water now and then :) they are tropical plants, after all, like orchids.

I got flowers today! Woke up with a bouquet of flowers next to the bed (light only knows how he got fresh flowers at 8am in the morning). Makes up for the fact that he is away at work all day and night today :)

>.> Like...spray the leaves? I can do that.

That's so sweet! :smile: Perhaps he got them yesterday and hid them somewhere in the house?

Archived