DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Grayt Jello Love Fest : Answering Machine

Athena adopts a slightly throaty, mellifluous voice.

Thank you all for joining me tonight on the "Answering Machine" end of the Love Line.

My dears, as we all know, Valentine's Day is about love; all types and facets of this wonderful, multi-hued jewel. This thread is for sharing the love among our DM friends. We all know someone here who has helped us through a hard time, joked with us, inspired us. Here's the place, and now is the time, to proudly wear your heart on your sleeve and tell them so.

This game (and it's a simple one) is that everyone posts "After the beep" - as if you were leaving a voicemail message (in text form) and the object of your admiration was listening silently on the other end. The subject? Whatever you want to tell someone on DM - but needless to say, only positive messages about how awesome they are etc. That person should then respond in kind. But since it's often difficult to express our feelings publicly, there is also an option to be anonymous. Simply PM to me your message, and it's intended recipient, and I will post it, like Venus gently wafting it on rose-scented air.

I'll start you off (and you can roleplay if you want, but it's not compulsory - I do it because I like to):

Beeep... Bip! Boooooop!! Badaaaaahh!

Although disappointed that Ithillian was unable to reach her phone in time, Athena grinned at the characteristic "beeps" signalling her unavailability. Everything Ithi did seemed to express her wonderful individuality and unique spirit.

"Um, hi Ithi. I, um, just wanted to send you a message about how much of an inspiration you are to me, here at DM. Not just in the WT, but in the BT too, you are always so fun loving and adventurous - creating all those lovely games for us to enjoy like the White Ajah Murder Mystery, and the BT Trivial Pursuit, and even when you aren't running a game, you always enter into the spirit of it whole-heartedly and make us all enjoy it so much. Thank you for being so kind and generous with your time and imagination, and I hope when I finally become an Aes Sedai, I will be one like you. Love you for being so great! Athena."

*Calls Leelou*

"Hey there Bonded. It's your conscience--er... Heart. I was just calling to tell you how lucky I feel that you're such a big part of my life. You tying my tail to Wolf's and Volke's didn't make me mad or anything. If not it just showed me what a wacky person you are!!!

I'm glad that we started talking on Skype all of the time, and I can't even tell you when we started sharing practically everything with each other--I can just tell you that I'm glad it happened. I can tell you anything and you won't judge. You'll twap and tickle me sometimes, but...

You're there for me. You actually like talking to me, be it about how annoying men are, or about our dragons, or about how much you hate my music, or lava dripping from the ceiling!!! I'm sure I annoy you with my babble sometimes but you stick with me and lava me anyway.

You're my best friend. I mean really. I talk to you more than I talk to anyone else, and you're the person I trust most. Who cares that you're years older than me and live 800 miles away? Doesn't change that we've already been through so much together and you've seen me upset and mad and wacky and everything else--and you're still talking to me!!!

I swear our Bond is real. There's no other way that I would be able to function some days with the amount of sleep I get. The only explanation is that you're sleeping for both of us!! YAY!!! Sorry for the weird dreams--but you have to admit they're funny!!! Besides, I'm eating for both of us.

I'm still trying to figure out why exactly you Bonded me out of all people. At least this way I can pretend like I protect and take care of you in any way.

You're an amazing person, and whatever guy you eventually end up with will be lucky--and he had better treat you right!!! Hopefully he can do a better job of making you realize how beautiful and amazing you really are.

I look forward to giving you a pouncesquishhug in real life someday, and that trip down south to Disney is totally going to happen!!!

Until then, I lava<3 you and REMEMBER TO EAT DINNER."

*Pauses, then calls back*

"P.S. Your mysterious thing coming in the mail is still making me make funny faces at you. Is it food? Or made out of paper? WHAT IS IT?!?!?!?!"

The telephone crackles and several sparkles burst into the air.

"WE HAVE AN ANONYMOUS MESSAGE. Message received today, at 2:35 am..."

An indistinct voice is heard on the other end of the line. But who's the message for? It's Aiel Heart.Who's it from? Anyone's guess.

"AH, I'm glad I've gotten to know you since you joined DM. You are so spunky and sparkly. You light up all the SGs you touch with your energy and enthusiasm. I'm happy we are friends <3 you! "

<.<

>.>

I swear people....

"Someone's being bashful--that's no way to be; not with me..."

*Hits redial*

"Hello annoyingly anonymous caller. I am glad that you think so! I'm happy that we're friends as well and <3 you. Now can I please have a hint as to who you are?" :P

Which timezone is that time in?

Aiel Heart - I make up the timezones so that no one can guess. Mwahahahaaaa...

The phone shudders and gives a tinkly rattle. Athena floats over to pick it up. A shower of rose petals falls mysteriously from the ceiling.

"WE HAVE AN ANONYMOUS MESSAGE. Message received, today at 5:43pm."

Another crackling, indistinct voice is heard. But who's the message for this time? It's Turin! Who's it from? Nobody knows....

"Turin, you are a great friend. We've had our ups and downs, but you are always there to listen and talk to. You are like the big brother I never had. I'm glad that you are part of my life, even if you are a :angry::tongue: ! Love ya!"

Wow a call for me? :blush: how sweet. :wub: wait a minute... me a brat? :angry: inconceivable!! :tongue: I'm happy to be able to talk and listen and all that stuff. Any downs that I may have caused are much regretted. I don't have any real experience of being a big brother as I am really the youngest (maybe I am an experienced brat) but anything I can do for you I am willing to help. Or to put it another way "as you wish". :smile:

gosh I hope this wasn't from EP. :wacko:

Beeeeeeeep... Bip! Boooooop!!

What, the answering machine... DAMN.. Oh, I was supposed to leave a message... Oh, yeah. Well... Oh, yes! Limi, Adella, Charis, Millon and Karasayl... I love you all very much! And my dear Reds! ALL OF THEM, Especially Mashi, who has been awesome ever since we became Sitters. So... I love you much. I'll talk to you later then...

*hangs up*

Athena fans herself with a dove-feather fan, and smiles at all the lovely messages being exchanged so far. Surely the telephone will run itself if I just take... a short... nap...

Brrrriiiinnnnngggg!!

The telephone defiantly sprays sparkles everywhere. Leaping to the machine, Athena pickes it up.

"WE HAVE AN ANONYMOUS MESSAGE. Message received, yesterday, at 6:26pm."

Yesterday? Athena curses herself for falling asleep on duty, and privately blames Cupid. Who's the message for? It's Nynaeve! Who's it from? That's for me to know, and you to guess. :wink:

"Nyn, you and I go back many years. I love your sense of humor, your gothic tastes and that you are always around to talk to. You are a siggy goddess! *licks* I <3 you even though you only <3 me for my boobs. *winks*"

Athena had only just made it back to her super-luxurious shell-shaped couch when the phone rang again.

Bringbring! Bring bring!

"WE HAVE AN ANONYMOUS MESSAGE. Message received today, at 2:24am."

They're coming in thick and fast, aren't they? Who's this message for? Why it's Marta! Who's it from? Ah, there's the mystery...

"Er, ah... hey... hey Marta. I haven't known you too long, but I've been seeing a lot of you lately. You're such a positive spirit. You bring joy and life and always a little spice to every conversation, topic, thread, or game that I see you in. I'm so glad that we have gotten to know each other! "

Ahahaha! I love this game!

*listens to the beeping and waits*

Hello? Hello?! Oh right, it's an answering machine.

Hello, my love!

You always put a smile on my face! Whether it's first thing when I wake up or when you are dashing off to bed with your crazy time zone, we always talk, and it often isn't even about DM or the WoT! We always have a blast, and you are one of my oldest friends here at DM, even though I do remember when you joined! Youngun! Anyways,

I just wanted to say you are awesome and always my besty, even if you are everyone's mother.

*hangs up the phone, waits a moment, then dials another number*

TYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

THis is a message from your FAVORITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MENTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Even though, you kind of are my second mentor at the WT, but ya know, we rock it...

Anywho!

I loves you and you truly are like a sister to me! We always have such a ball, even though we both seem to be too busy! Stay awesome!

Ithi eventually gets her evil phone back from the repair shop, where it was having dried on rusks removed from the microphone bit. No wonder nobody had been able to hear what she said for so long. Silly Bobbin Max. Ok, time to listen to messages. ...

Boss from work - Blah Blah Blah - back on Monday - blah blah blah £4.40 per day for parking. Press 6 to skip to next message lol

Beeep... Bip! Boooooop!! Badaaaaahh!

Although disappointed that Ithillian was unable to reach her phone in time, Athena grinned at the characteristic "beeps" signalling her unavailability. Everything Ithi did seemed to express her wonderful individuality and unique spirit.

"Um, hi Ithi. I, um, just wanted to send you a message about how much of an inspiration you are to me, here at DM. Not just in the WT, but in the BT too, you are always so fun loving and adventurous - creating all those lovely games for us to enjoy like the White Ajah Murder Mystery, and the BT Trivial Pursuit, and even when you aren't running a game, you always enter into the spirit of it whole-heartedly and make us all enjoy it so much. Thank you for being so kind and generous with your time and imagination, and I hope when I finally become an Aes Sedai, I will be one like you. Love you for being so great! Athena."

:blush:

Wow.

Returns the call .... gets stoopid answerphone ... hates answerphones, although sending voice messages is not always bad.

Hey Athena, I certainly didn't expect to get such a wonderful message like this. You are a truly beautiful person and the way you seemed to effortlessly assume the guise of the Cheshire Cat in the Murder game was completely amazing. You certainly set the bar high. You have no need to aspire to my level, I am confident that your natural gifts and talent will lead you to far surpass anything I have ever done and I can't wait to see that. And the various things I do, would be nothing if it weren't for the people who took the time to play and participate - so if I am great, it's because of all of you. Without you, there would just be no point. Keep puzzling and playing, pussycat - Ithi :smile:

"WE HAVE AN ANONYMOUS MESSAGE. Message received, yesterday, at 6:26pm."

Yesterday? Athena curses herself for falling asleep on duty, and privately blames Cupid. Who's the message for? It's Nynaeve! Who's it from? That's for me to know, and you to guess. :wink:

"Nyn, you and I go back many years. I love your sense of humor, your gothic tastes and that you are always around to talk to. You are a siggy goddess! *licks* I <3 you even though you only <3 me for my boobs. *winks*"

Yay, a stalker! <3

Nyn

*checks messages, 1 from Heart, another from Heart confused as to who left her an anonymous message, 1 from Turin MiB, 1 from Nyn calling her a stalker <3 and 1 from Heart admitting she is a stalker*

*returns Heart's calls, hears long ringback tone, finally gets the machine*

Hi Heart! Lava is falling from the ceiling! Um, could you please send the maintenance guy over? :laugh:

I am really glad that we became friends! Life at the Tower has definitely been entertaining with the Pirate Prankster Productions! I'm always willing to join in with a bucket of purple paint. :biggrin:

P.S. You're so a stalker. <3

Athena twirled a white rose between her fingers, lounging full-length on the shell couch. Listening to Ithi's message had made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside, although she privately believed the Blue Sitter was being far too modest and complimentary. All the other messages were so heartwarming too - to know that there was so much love around in the White Tower. This was such a fun job! Still, Athena believed more love could be spread around. Reaching for the telephone, she picked up its pink, sparkly, gliter-encrusted handle and dialed.

Beep, beep, beep...

"Hi Ryrin, it's me, your fellow Sanchian! I just wanted to give you this message to say how much I appreciate everything you do to make the House Sanche Dormitory such a fun place to be. You're so awesome and imaginative - I love reading all your posts.I look forward to getting to know you better on DM. May your future be smooth sailing! Fishguts and bravery!"

As soon as she put the phone down, it rang again!

"WE HAVE AN ANONYMOUS MESSAGE. Message received, today, at 12.20am"

An indistict voice speaks from the telephone. Who's the message for? Why it's Elgee! Who's it from? Well, that's the secret...

"...or I'll chop your bloody head...oh, was that the beep? Ahem. Hi Mother, just calling to say that I think you are wonderful and vastly under appreciated around here. If half the young whippersnappers on DM had seen some of the SG's die under poor leadership at times like I have, they'd surely appreciate what a great Group Leader you are. You have your fiery side, but you are incredibly hard working and always willing to give a listening ear. I love you muchies. Ciao now. Xx"

Aawwwww *sniffles and rubs her nose on a random novice's sleeve, then picks up the phone that's dialed into the PA Ter'angreal. Shouts really loudly because she keeps forgetting that the Ter'angreal magnifies the voice anyway*

Uhm ... okjustwantedtosayIloveyoualllotsandlotsofjellytotsokbyenow.

As soon as the last echoes of the Mother's voice die away, the phone rings again.

"WE HAVE AN ANONYMOUS MESSAGE. Message received, today, at 3:42am."

A short and sweet message issues from the mouthpiece. But who's it for this time? It's Tynaal! Now I wonder who would send Tynaal a message?

"Tynaal Sedai; I never made a better decision. Life wouldn't be the same without you."

Archived