DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Merchant with a Quarterstaff (Retro Planning)

Delfon

This will be my first post:

Twelve year old Jon Smythe wakes up refreshed, and ready to enjoy the beautiful weather outside. After three weeks on the road, traveling from shop to shop with his parents he could use a nice relaxing free day. Bounding down the stairs of his family estate, he heads to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat. 'I've got to grab something quickly, so I can slip out the servants entrance before my mom finds some chores for me to do.' Entering the kitchen, I skitter to a stop when I see my father sitting on a stool reading. Stepping back cautiously, and turning he freezes in mid step when his father clears his throat, "Just where do you think you're sneaking off to?" Turning back to his father, "I just forgot my belt knife upstairs Father." My father nods knowingly, "Well once you have your blade, make sure you eat a solid breakfast. Today you begin your staff training. I hope you didn't forget." Sudden realization dawns in his mind, but he schools his face to blankness, "Of course not Father, I've been looking forward to it." Heading back upstairs, I grab my belt knife. Returning to the kitchen, all hope of a free day banished. I dutifully eat a big breakfast, and head out to the courtyard to meet my new trainer. 'I wonder what this will be like...' I think to myself, 'Maybe it won't take too long and I can still get some free time later...'

I'm looking for someone to put my twelve year old self through his paces with a quarterstaff, By the end of the day I want little Jon to be so exhausted, and sore that he can't lift his utensils and he falls asleep at the table.

Edited: Changed from a first post to a planning thread.

Edited by Delfon

Welcome to the FL Delfon! Its good to have some fresh blood in here!

These boards are our Out of Character boards where we can post to plan Rps or just chit chat and get to know the other members in the FL.

When you want to post an RP and write In Character there are boards on the main page of DM just a little further down from where you found these. They in the Dragon Reborn Role Playing section and they have board names of Tel'aran'rhoid (The Dream world), North (DR), East (DR), South (DR), West (DR), The High Seas (DR), and The Threefold Land (DR)

They will have city names listed with them so that when your character is on one city you post in that board. For instance, North (DR) is the board you post in if your character is in Arafel, Kandor, Saldaea, Shienar. East (DR) is the board you post in if your character is in Cairhien, Mayene, Tear.

You may not be able to post in those boards yet, but our Division Leader, Mystica is getting you set up to post there shortly.

Once again, welcome aboard!

PS - i just noticed that you asked for the warders to help train you. This is not how it works here. Warders can only train warder characters. We in the FL have our own people ready to help train you.

Arlow, our FL rp consultant and trainer will help you get all set up and we will provide people from the Freebooters group to help train your character. Its great to see that you are excited to get started, but please take the time to read through your emails where our bio checker explained how to get started.

Edited by Kathleen

My status hasn't been upgraded yet, so I thought I would buff and polish my first post. When I get the ability to post I will be using this new and shiny version of my first post instead. I'm still looking for someone to put my twelve year old self through his paces with a quarterstaff. At the end of the in game day I want little Jon to be so exhausted, and sore that he can't lift his utensils and he falls asleep at the table.

Twelve year old Jon Smythe wakes up refreshed, and ready to enjoy the day. Kicking off his blankets, and leaving them curled up in pile on the foot of his bed, he makes his way to the window in his small clothes. The sun is just peeking over the horizon, and there isn't a cloud in the sky. With such beautiful weather outside, Jon's thoughts bounce from one fun adventure to another. After three weeks on the road, traveling from shop to shop with his parents he could use a nice relaxing free day.

Bounding down the stairs of his family estate, he dodges around the maid. She yelps, and drops her basket of laundry in her haste to cover her eyes. Pausing at her odd reaction Jon realizes that in his excitement he forgot to get dressed, or tend to all the other things one does in the morning. Blushing crimson right to his hairline, Jon mumbles an apology to the maid as he scrambles back up the stairs and into his room. Once there, he dresses and tends to his bladder. Then he finishes up his basic hygiene needs, and is about to head for the stairs when he sees his blankets all bunched up. Red spots marking his cheeks, when he remembers the small clothes incident, he sets to work making his bed, and giving his room a quick once over. 'There. that should make up for running around half naked!' Now that his room is clean for the maid, he sets off once more, bounding down the stairs toward the kitchen.

'I'll grab a quick bite to eat so I can slip out the servants entrance before Mother finds some chores for me to do.' Entering the kitchen, Jon skitters to a stop when he sees his father sitting on a stool reading. Stepping back cautiously, Jon turns and freezes in mid step when his father clears his throat, "Just where do you think you're sneaking off to?" Turning back to his father, Jon replies "I just forgot my belt knife upstairs Father." My father nods knowingly, "Well once you have your blade, make sure you eat a solid breakfast. Today you begin your staff training. I hope you didn't forget." Sudden realization dawns in his mind, but he schools his face to blankness, "Of course not Father, I've been looking forward to it." Heading back upstairs, Jon grabs his belt knife. Then he returns to the kitchen, all hope of a free day banished. Jon mechanically eats his breakfast, and head out to the courtyard to meet his new trainer. Thoughts bubbling through his mind, 'I wonder what this will be like.', and 'Maybe it won't take too long, and I can still get some free time later.'