DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nominate Your Love Songs for "It's A Knockout"!!!

Corki

January saw us look at the music of 2011 and what to expect in 2012. Now, for February, we will be focusing on love songs since Valentine's Day falls in the month - as will the rest of the Band's weekly music threads. This thread allows you to nominate your favourite love songs to enter into the "It's A Knockout" contest to win the title of the Band's and DM's Favourite Love Song. And below is what you need to do!

Between now and TUESDAY 14TH FEBRUARY 2012 (closing time is 9pm GMT), nominate the love song you want to see try and win the contest. Follow the simple proforma below to get a nomination in. Name the love song, the artist, explain why you have nominated it, and provide a YouTube clip (or similar) of the song.

[u][b]Love Song (with Artist):[/b][/u] 
[u][b]Reason for Nomination:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]YouTube (or similar link):[/b][/u] 

You can nominate more than one song. Any nomination that is seconded, i.e. Corki suggests Piece X and Jeannaisais agrees with the nomination, automatically qualifies for a place in the "It's A Knockout" contest. Otherwise, it will be done on a first come, first served basis. If there are any gaps at the end of the nomination period, I will fill in the gaps.

PLEASE NOTE: I am looking for a minimum of 8 nominations, and a maximum of 16. If we get more than 16, all the better and we can have a massive contest!!

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Nominated Tracks

Seconded (and with an automatic place in the "It's A Knockout" contest)

Nominated

1. Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne

2. This I Promise You by N'SYNC

3. You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins

4. Always by Bon Jovi

5. I'm Gonna Love You Through It by Martina McBride

6. I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith

7. Between Two Islands/I Want You by Pet Shop Boys

8. Real Love by Beach House

9. Liberation by Pet Shop Boys

10. Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye

11. Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton

Added by Corki

*comes running with songs*

Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne

Reason: One of my favorite songs by her. Tells the story of the strength a couple can have when they lean on each other. Or that's how I understand it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h88cHh3xtBk&feature=related

This I Promise You by N'SYNC

Reason: Was looking for love songs sometime last year and came across this one. For me it makes me think of my boyfriend, _wolfbrother_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6thmPrTxBtI&ob=av2n

• 2 weeks later...

The reason the contest didn't get started is my problems with logging onto DM. However, I will start it, but at the beginning of March. You therefore have a few more days to get your nominations in.

Archived