DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Matrim Cauthon's death?

Alkazor

Didn't Mat have his foxhead medallion then?

He had it, but Rand threw it aside before he tried to revive him. Either way, though, we've seen Rand trying to use the Power to heal, and he hasn't the first clue how to go about it (he was using a science approach, performing CPR with saidin).

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, well, he wasn't dead in the sense that someone who has cardiac arrest and is brought back isn't dead, but I think he was clinically dead for a few moments there. So while RJ's answer makes it clear that the bit about 'to die and live again' was referring to his lightning-stroke, if we ponder the status of his link to the Horn, the Rhuidean incident probably has more effect than his actual death in Caemlyn (since that technically never happened).

Or you can convolute the authors outright answer in order to validate your oppinion. RJ said it was the Caemlyn death that fulfilled the prophecy. Mat did not die in Rhuidean, clinically, technically, or any other form of death. He was alive.

I always wondered whether or not Rand Healed Mat in that scene.

it wasnt a healing as it left a scar

it states right out in the books had he had healing he wouldnt have had the scar (not sure which book but it does I believe it was a Mat pov)

It's funny Suian said that. Didn't Tuon also say her father fancied himself a gambler and "died of an ill wager?" I'd say it points to something but, as everyone has already pointed out, it's pretty certain Mat will live through the series. Wouldn't be surprised if RJ was setting him up to die in the outrigger novels though.

Any chance they're still going to get written?

Probably not. Though in the line of gamblers, Verin's dad was also one, and used the phrase 'it's time to toss the dice'.

Hm I'm sorry for my first post after lurking for a while is OT but

Brandon stated he didn't want WOT to be like Star Wars with books telling scattered stories, but would like to do the prequels that RJ planned about Tam and Moiraine, and possibly the outriggers about Mat and Tuon as well (but not the other planned series, Infinity of Heaven).

caught my eye and I'm wondering if Sanderson's still planning to write these sequels? Cause I dimly remember him claiming that there will be neither prequels nor sequels to WoT :(

(I hope I got it wrong though ;-) )

Hm I'm sorry for my first post after lurking for a while is OT but

Brandon stated he didn't want WOT to be like Star Wars with books telling scattered stories, but would like to do the prequels that RJ planned about Tam and Moiraine, and possibly the outriggers about Mat and Tuon as well (but not the other planned series, Infinity of Heaven).

caught my eye and I'm wondering if Sanderson's still planning to write these sequels? Cause I dimly remember him claiming that there will be neither prequels nor sequels to WoT :(

(I hope I got it wrong though ;-) )

Not Brandons call, Harriet owns the rights, and decides what gets written. Currently she does not want anything other than the encyclopedia that will come after AMOL, and judging from Brandons comments, he does not think she will change her mind about it.

If she does however, brandond wants to write them, but more because he does not want other writers stepping into something he has now become a part of.

Archived