Photo

Week 3: Padan Fain vs. Lan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Week 3: Padan Fain vs. Lan (215 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Padan Fain (104 votes [48.37%])

Percentage of vote: 48.37%

2. Voted Lan (111 votes [51.63%])

Percentage of vote: 51.63%

Vote

#41 Frost Wynters

Frost Wynters
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Are you kidding me? Lan "wins"? I just can't see it. Fain clearly would beat Lan to a pulp...and probably feed him to the trollocs afterward. I think we all need to be honest with ourselves and face facts on this one. The only impossible miracles going on in this series are being done by Rand.

#42 Despothera

Despothera

Slappa DaBassman

• Members
  • 16,417 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

I think most of Fain's abilities actually grant him advantages over Shadowsawn, not necessarily regular humans. He can craft illusions and is faster than normal and stuff, but this wouldn't give him an incredible advantage over Lan in my opinion. I think out of 100 fights, Fain would win most, but I think Lan would hold his own in a good number as well.

Anyways, I knew this fight like all others would essentially come down to a popularity contest, and I figured Lan might win, so I wanted to create a plausible way of this happening.

despoabba_zps44e64520.gif
Signups are now OPEN for what will hopefully be a momentous mafia event. Don't miss out!

#43 Torn Shadow

Torn Shadow
  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

But that doesn't explain why battle follows Mat even though he tries to avoid it.

He's Ta'veren. The Last Battle is coming. Simple.

Yeah, and it's influence over chance. Mat probably wouldn't consider it lucky, so the question remains. How does that go together with his luck? (Different causes, or what?)

Clarification: I have no idea how the Dagger influenced Mat's luck, but I don't think Fain experiences the same thing as Mat.

What Mat considers lucky and what is actually lucky for him are two very different things. There is a vast difference between what you might perceive to be good luck and what really is. Mat needed to be where he was, it was vital to no just the world, but also to his own growth. So despite him hating it in the moment, it was in truth a lucky break, exactly what he needed.

#44 cosmicpanda

cosmicpanda

cosmicbear

• Members
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

"Cat on Hot Sand" - love it.

He's like ... Ceiling Panda?

#45 Despothera

Despothera

Slappa DaBassman

• Members
  • 16,417 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

Thanks Panda :biggrin:

This write-up kinda took something extra; I did a lot of research on WoT sword forms for it.

despoabba_zps44e64520.gif
Signups are now OPEN for what will hopefully be a momentous mafia event. Don't miss out!

#46 Entreri

Entreri
  • Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

Facing against the new Fain, Lan is certainly toast.

Mashadar, forget it, Lan is history. Even Jesus Rand will be in trouble against the BEAST FAIN.

Facing the OLD Fain, Lan DESTROYS.

#47 MegaZeroX

MegaZeroX
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Looks like Lan will win, which kind of irritates me. So far the winners have been realistic, but not this one. Lan honestly has a 1 in a 1000 chance of winning. I see Fain killing one or more main characters in AMoL, even one or two of the Ta'veren.

#48 Dwynwen

Dwynwen
  • Administrators
  • 6,735 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Voting is now over, and the winner is...

Lan!
White Ajah Aes Sedai...Bonded to BenT-Gaidin...Sis of Nia, MJF, and Mighte...Mentor of Many