DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dungeons & Dragons

I PLAY!!! XD 3.5, 3.0, Pathfinder, Exalted, and Starwars :D

I play every wednsday in fact XD.

I have a Ranger/Deepwood Sniper for one of my games. Its a 3.5 setting with both 3.0 and 3.5 classes.

The other game im in is Exalted Alchemicls. In that one im a Starmetal Caste, focused around Crafting/Engineering/Inventing. But When I need to I hit for a lot XD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when i was younger i played but haven't played in like 15 years so i am sure it isn't the same.

Yeah, it's quite a bit easier now. Not at all like V.1.

Well, everyone starts out as just a person. If you gain mastership or something you can choose what you want to specialize in...

Its not as simple as getting +2 attack or something when you're a fighter, you gotta train!... :baalzamon::biggrin:

True, true...*nods*

How are monsters created and played? Same as the characters?

Weeell, In the part I'm gonna attach soon there will be a sort of tiny monster creation sheet which shows the monsters health, special abilities, weapons and the like. But that sheet can always be used for any none player characters...

They are played by the Master of course. I'm the Master when I play with my brothers, I never really create any monsters the way above I don't even write its health down usually. I just take a mental note on how strong it would be and play it like that... I mean, if an imp takes a club to its rump its dead immediately, while a dragon would need an arrow through the eye or a number of hits in the chest etc.

If the players meet some really nasty guy that keeps following them, like Padan Fain e.g. :-) Then I would create one of the little templates for him as he'll most likely be round for a while... :-)

No... I always make it up as I go along really... Like a fight wouldn't take over 10 minutes, It could take an hour if they keep chasing each other around or if they are so equally matched that they never do any damage. But if thats the case then they would be hangin' round totally weak and weary... :biggrin:

Also an important note about armour! If a player starts out as a young, rich noble with some money and Attack and def. i.e. levels 2. They could buy themselves a whole armour set of i.e. the 5th level!

So they march off into battle with shining armour but no experience whatso ever, and up comes an Uruk Hai, Oh no! The player can now attack with lvl 2 as thats his attack lvl, but then he can defend with lvl 5 as thats the level of the armour!!!! :biggrin:

One hook though, is that if the player decides to leave off the helmet (Or looses it...), and the opponent manages to hit him of the head, then there is no armour to meet the sword of course! Serious injury is the concequence in most cases!

PS: I will attach the next part in my next post I swears it!

Archived