Photo

Week 2: Selucia vs. Mat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Week 2: Selucia vs. Mat (245 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Selucia (11 votes [4.49%])

Percentage of vote: 4.49%

2. Mat (234 votes [95.51%])

Percentage of vote: 95.51%

Vote

#21 Zanzibar

Zanzibar
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

Mat, but I think it would be closer than most are giving it credit for. Selucia is very highly trained to deal with assassination attempts. The Seanchan wouldn't let just anybody be the personal bodyguard to the Empress' daughter. But Mat is the best warrior in the world.

#22 Bougher

Bougher
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

lets think... back before mat got his ashendarai... he faced off against galad and gawyn... knocking both out cold before they could even touch him... he was clearly one of the best fighter in the books... THEN he gets his ashendarai, unweaving medalion, and the battle memories from his past lives...

not to mention his luck... based on his luck, he took out several high lords of tear without trying(or by accident) ... hit rabbits, flying targets, etc without looking(or/and by accident)

to my mind, he's the most dangerous man out there... capable of beating rand and lan... and selucia, wouldnt stand a chance if she provoked his ire...

i agree that matt has trumendess skill
and i think some people forget that "the snakes" called him like the prince of battels or son of battels or some such in tRS
<boughya>

#23 g o i

g o i
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

Mat, but I think it would be closer than most are giving it credit for. Selucia is very highly trained to deal with assassination attempts. The Seanchan wouldn't let just anybody be the personal bodyguard to the Empress' daughter. But Mat is the best warrior in the world.

no Lan is the best warrior in the world. mat is the luckest man alive
so it goesm like
1.lan
2. and tyed with 1.mat
http://dragcave.net/user/g_o_i
please help my dragons in the link above(if you want)
http://andrew-smith.mybrute.com
link above is for my brute since I found it fun
if you can't clean the crime scene then obliterate it
computer: Warning. Warning. Firearms detected.
Computer: Number of weapons found...
Computer: ...
Computer: many

#24 New Ashaman

New Ashaman
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

Mat's amazing. What else is their to say.

#25 Sakaea

Sakaea

Gamer 'til I die

• Members
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

Mat FTW
Posted Image
Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah & Far Dareis Mai of the Aiel.

#26 dingbat

dingbat
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

As much as I love Mat, I have to go with Selucia in this one. Throughout the books we see the Forsaken and their superior knowledge and training losing because they underestimate the people of the Third Age. Continuing with that theme Mat, who doesn't just underestimate Selucia's skills but doesn't even consider her a threat, loses in this confrontation. Lets say his luck saves Selucia's initial strike from being a fatal one, but it isn't enough for Mat to fully recover from his complete surprise before Selucia is able to finally land that one deadly blow.

#27 Dwynwen

Dwynwen
  • Administrators
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

Voting is now over, and the winner is...

Mat!
White Ajah Aes Sedai...Bonded to BenT-Gaidin...Sis of Nia, MJF, and Mighte...Mentor of Many