DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Work? School? Both? What do you do during the week?

Ryrin

I am a social worker with a mental health background. Currently I am managing a caseload of developmentally disabled (mostly young) people, many of whom have a diagnosis of mental illness as well. The rest are autistic. I also am liaison to several of our homes, most are for severe behavioral/mental health issues, one for individuals with medical needs who require nursing care.

What are you doing?

I stay home with my kids. I was gonna say I do neither but you're right, staying home with them is a job! It pays worse than a teacher (which is pretty bad when you figure out the hourly pay for a teacher) and it has longer hours.

But I do love it. <.< most of the time..

No, I do love it, and I know it won't be forever so I'm enjoying it while I can. I had my first while I was doing college but between the fact that I hated my course and I had a lot of stress in the pregnancy I didn't finish the course. The doctor all but said its the baby or the course <.< so baby it was.

Now with the oldest in school and the youngest with one more year till he's in school I'm starting to look into what I want to do then. If we can find the money for it I'd like to take a pharmacy technician course. To go for a full out Pharmacist course it would mean moving out of province and going to uni for years and years, which I can't do, but this other course is a one year course that would get me into that world which I would love.

But for now, I spend my day's cleaning, cooking and potty training and trying to find a way to love it all. Its pretty easy when they smile at me though :)

I stay home with my kids. I was gonna say I do neither but you're right, staying home with them is a job! It pays worse than a teacher (which is pretty bad when you figure out the hourly pay for a teacher) and it has longer hours.

But I do love it. <.< most of the time..

No, I do love it, and I know it won't be forever so I'm enjoying it while I can. I had my first while I was doing college but between the fact that I hated my course and I had a lot of stress in the pregnancy I didn't finish the course. The doctor all but said its the baby or the course <.< so baby it was.

Now with the oldest in school and the youngest with one more year till he's in school I'm starting to look into what I want to do then. If we can find the money for it I'd like to take a pharmacy technician course. To go for a full out Pharmacist course it would mean moving out of province and going to uni for years and years, which I can't do, but this other course is a one year course that would get me into that world which I would love.

But for now, I spend my day's cleaning, cooking and potty training and trying to find a way to love it all. Its pretty easy when they smile at me though :)

It's some of the hardest work, I think, but you do it for the ones you love.

Being a pharmacy tech would be fun, but busy and you can't really make any mistakes. They have the training program here too and once you finish, there are flexible work hours. I think it's a good choice and maybe when the kids are a lot older you could go back to pharmacy school.

Ry my Dad is a manager for a group of homes like that and my Mum is a special needs teacher

I just got a job making props, costumes, and sets for a theatre company. I start on the 7th

Awesome! It's hard work, what your parents do and I find it very rewarding.

We have great community theater where I live! We go to plays all of the time. I know someone's daughter who got a start doing what you are going to be doing and now she lives in Southern Cal and has a contract with Warner Brothers. She had to work for a lot of years locally but you need to do what you love.

My mum really likes it. My dad doesn't really work with the people, just the staff, so Im not sure about him

I want to go into film and television but at this point the theatre will pay the bills and it's flexible enough to mean I can do free on set work

Yes, and you will get great experience. That is where the woman I told you about is now working, for films.

The course I did was really good because it gave me so many ins to the industry so I can almost go straight to film and TV

Where did you take it and what was the course?

The closest I ever got to theater work was backstage at a talent show in 4th grade and working in the Entertainment dept. at Six Flags un High School. LOL, I dated a stage tech for a few years... Does that count?

The course I did was really good because it gave me so many ins to the industry so I can almost go straight to film and TV

Im from NZ for a start so it was there

I studied at a Film and Television School called South Seas

The course is devoted to learning through doing so it was on set most of the year

I chose to specialize in the art department so I learnt Costume, Art Dept, Props, Sets, and Make up

The closest I ever got to theater work was backstage at a talent show in 4th grade and working in the Entertainment dept. at Six Flags un High School. LOL, I dated a stage tech for a few years... Does that count?

No.

Im from NZ for a start so it was there

I studied at a Film and Television School called South Seas

The course is devoted to learning through doing so it was on set most of the year

I chose to specialize in the art department so I learnt Costume, Art Dept, Props, Sets, and Make up

That sounds like a lot of fun.. and work. How long was it?

No.

Awww... Shucks.

No.

Awww... Shucks.

Lol.

Bale there is nothing wrong with having a job to pay the bills

Very true, I keep getting told I will get more hours and a raise. But I am still $7.50 an hour and MAYBE 20 hours a week when I am supposed to be full time. :dry:

I have been promised $9.00 an hour and 40 hours a week... We shall see how much truth is in that soon.

I am a boring old fast food worker at Taco Casa who wishes to do greater things with his life.

And you will. It's hard when you have to struggle to pay your bills. What greater things would you wish to do? What are your dreams?

I am a boring old fast food worker at Taco Casa who wishes to do greater things with his life.

And you will. It's hard when you have to struggle to pay your bills. What greater things would you wish to do? What are your dreams?

I am looking at going to a college here really soon. I want to be able to have a job that pays well enough for me to support a large family while still being able to spend time with them mainly. But I also want to be able to be what we call the "middle class"? Not dirt poor,but not really rich while still being well to do in the world.

My dream is to have a big family in a big house on some ranch in the middle of nowhere, where I don't have to worry about waking up at 5 am to go to work but to feed cattle or something like that. :] But currently I have a ways to go to get there. :unsure:

I am looking at going to a college here really soon. I want to be able to have a job that pays well enough for me to support a large family while still being able to spend time with them mainly. But I also want to be able to be what we call the "middle class"? Not dirt poor,but not really rich while still being well to do in the world.

My dream is to have a big family in a big house on some ranch in the middle of nowhere, where I don't have to worry about waking up at 5 am to go to work but to feed cattle or something like that. :] But currently I have a ways to go to get there. :unsure:

You already have a start, you know what you want, even though it may take a while to get there. What do you want to study in college?

Archived