• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 _Kynwric_

_Kynwric_

Loraine's Warder

• Members
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

Loraine nodded quietly, having watched him prepare himself to leave the room. He seemed to be prepared for battle, though on a very small scale. She ran her hand down her side, self-conscious about her own lack of protection. It would've been far too obvious on her, though. She pulled her cloak around her shoulders and clipped the catch closed, then pulled the billowing fabric around to hold closed in front of her. She adjusted her own sword to keep it flat along her leg so it didn't poke out of the cloak and give itself away. The hilt was tucked under her arm and she knew she'd be sporting a new bruise very soon, but, if she was lucky, that's all she'd be sporting. She'd rather have the sword than not.

She lifted the hood of her cloak in place, adjusting it so that the hem hung down over her eyes a bit, shading them from view. Turning towards Kynwric, she took a deep breath and moved towards the door. "It's now or never," she said quitely, pausing by the bed to retrieve her boots as Kynwric opened the door.

~Loraine

Posted Image
Bonded to the Loraine.
Raijin: "If Lor's an Act of God then Kyn's the Devastation that follows"

#22 _Kynwric_

_Kynwric_

Loraine's Warder

• Members
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Kyn looked back at her, a brief flick of his eyes to the sword he really didn't think she ought to be carrying and then opened the door. He turned the opposite direction from the common room and led Loraine out and down the back stairs. Today was a day for as much discretion as possible and he didn't feel like picking up the eyes that he knew were watching the front of the inn, the one at the back he knew only was there at night when the most common 'darkfriends' were out and about. He waited at the bottom of the stairs for Lor to join him before leading her through a mix of side streets and alleys until they could emerge onto the King's Road though the heart of town very near to the Cobbler's.
Now it was time for to let her take the lead, so he paused and let her lead the way into the front of the shop and then followed. Once inside he gave everything a once over to make sure nothing was untoward from when he had been here yesterday. All looked in order, nothing out of place that didn't have a good reason to be. He heard the call from the back room letting them know the Cobbler would 'be right there' and so he waited quietly, nothing much to say and nothing that really needed to be said. Lor had to talk to this woman, he didn't have to like that it put her out where she could be seen though.
Posted Image
Bonded to the Loraine.

#23 U4ea

U4ea

Elegant Eldest

• DM - Staff
  • 15,869 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

Loraine inhaled the soft scent of fresh leather and smiled. It reminded her of the Two Rivers and she let the memory linger for a few moments. The cobbler being busy meant she had plenty of time to look around. He huffed out a few moments later and his body posture changed when he saw Kynwric standing in the door. Loraine tilted her head at that and headed the man off before he could say anything to Kynwric.

"Good morning," she said softly, crossing the space and extending her hand, wedding ring glinting in the early morning sunlight streaming through the window, but not dropping the cowl on her cloak. "My husband said you were very accomodating when he visited yesterday. I have a pair of shoes badly in need of mending, but won't be in town very long. Is there any way you can resole them by this evening?" The man blinked at her, but adjusted his expression to a polite businesslike arrangement. It made Loraine smile.

"This doesn't look like it should be too difficult. You can come back for them in a few hours," he said, his thumb running over the worn sole of each shoe and his eyes not seemingly resting on them.

"Do you mind if we stay close? My husband said you have a very nice assistant..." she let the sentence draw out as she cast her eyes around the shop as if looking for her.

"My wife," the cobbler said, lifting his eyes from the shoes to peer at Loraine. She lifted her other hand, Aes Sedai ring catching the light this time and brushed her cloak back from her forehead. "Ah, yes, she said you would be here. Forced me to say I would allow you to breakfast with her." He leaned close, a dead expression entering his eyes. "If she gets hurt, I will don a cloak and hunt you, myself."

"If she gets hurt, you will be the least of my worries, sir," Loraine answered, her voice barely above a whisper.

It was apparently good enough and he nodded, waving them through the door he'd entered the shop from. "You'll find her back there. I assume you want these resoled, as well?"

Loraine nodded slowly, moving towards the door and dropping a small pouch of coins on the table in the back. It wasn't much, but it was still three times what she'd have paid someone in Tar Valon to do it and not a single Tar Valon mark in the bag to boot. The cobbler grunted at the sound of the coins hitting the wood and turned his back on them, moving towards a work bench along the back wall and dismissing them completely.

A few hours later, Loraine and Kynwric slipped back into the street outside the Cobbler's house, Loraine letting Kynwric in front of her again as she passed through the doorway and back into public view. Her newly soled shoes in her fingers at least lent an air of business to their visit and she hoped it was enough to throw off anyone who thought to be watching them.

Tonight. It was going to have to happen tonight. They couldn't keep this charade up much longer and she knew the other groups must've been having the same problems keeping their heads down. She looked at the sun, making its slow way across the sky and sighed. Now to survive the next few hours being couped up without taking the inn down...

~Loraine

image11111.jpg
Bonded to Kynwric Raij: "Lor is an act of God." <-- you've been warned
RP Bios, etc RP: White Tower ADLGreen Ajah Head/Tower Guard/Freelander/Aiel Wise One Social: Eldest of the Kin/ Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah

#24 _Kynwric_

_Kynwric_

Loraine's Warder

• Members
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Kyn's eyes turned at the lean of the Cobbler, he knew a threat when one was presented even if he couldn't hear the words. He let his eyes linger on the Cobbler, wondering how much spine the man actually had, he doubted he'd run to the Children as a first resort. Very few people actually wanted a Child of the Light to look into their affairs, but he wasn't about to take a risk. When they exited and Loraine retrieved her shoes, which appeared to have had a rather goood job done on them he looked at the man, "If harm comes to her and I have the smallest hint that that trouble started here I will be back and there will be no hole outside of the Dark One's prison itself that could hide you from my sword or the dragon's fang on your door. Think hard Cobbler about how you serve the light, the blight creeps closer every day and without those ladies it will swallow Amador more easily than it did Malkier." In Amadacia, the threat of a Dragon's Fang was no small thing and it would certainly draw the scrutiny of the Whitecloaks, even an innocent man could not long stand at the tender mercies of the Questioners if they thought he had something to hide.
Kyn was then out the door, looking around for trouble as he followed close on Loraine's heels, he knew where they should be headed he just hoped they were. There wasn't any more time for inaction or debate, it was time to find this damned book and return to the Tower.
Posted Image
Bonded to the Loraine.