DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's your hobby?

U4ea

I got an email from Michael's offering me coupons for National Hobby Month. It made me wonder... What are your hobbies? Are you crafty? Bookish? Do you collect elephants? Inquiring minds want to know!

Bookish. I am a member of a book club. Currently I am reading "When the Spirit Catches Me I fall down." It's about Hmong refuges actually in my area and their clash with western medicine. The book also has lots of background about their culture and ways and what went on in Laos. It is wonderful. We also go to see plays and movies. I love community theater.

I want to take some at classes. I really had fun at the first one. I also love watching the NFL. We have a minor league baseball team in my town and we go to lot of games there.

Crafty! I love crafting of every form..thought I'm broke so I barely ever get to. Though I currently have a cross stitching project on the go. I also love to read. In recent years I've had little to time or ability to read but this year is looking up on that in both ways. I recieved a kindle and we have the finances to get one new book every payday after I finish one! So far I've already read 2 books in January and I'm reading one that I'm almost 300 pages into (not a kindle book) and I have on my kindle ready to start!

Crafty! I love crafting of every form..thought I'm broke so I barely ever get to. Though I currently have a cross stitching project on the go. I also love to read. In recent years I've had little to time or ability to read but this year is looking up on that in both ways. I recieved a kindle and we have the finances to get one new book every payday after I finish one! So far I've already read 2 books in January and I'm reading one that I'm almost 300 pages into (not a kindle book) and I have on my kindle ready to start!

I buy books on Amazon after payday or go to the used book store in town.

The closest book store to me is an hour's drive a way and the prices are double the online ones. With gas and shifting the kids around it was just too much of a hassle for a book. So I'm soo super happy with my pressy :)

That makes really good sense for you.

We had a Border's but it closed and it was expensive. The used book store here is nice, small but with chairs so you can linger. They know your name, give you credit for the books you bring in and will call you if you are waiting for a book and they don't have it.

Oh that would be soo nice! Its hard to believe places like that still exist.

I know. The owner ( a man) died of a heart attack a few months ago. He was 52. His wife is keeping it going. Since Border's closed there are lots of people in there and they are going to carry some new books.

What are my hobbies? *grins* That's kind of a long list. Shortest answer: I am in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism), which is a medieval re-creation society. Within the Society, I am a herald, a bard, and a scribe. (I have also held a wide variety of positions locally and regionally and run various events). So I am an artist (heraldic and book illumination), a poet, a storyteller, a singer...

Other hobbies: Yes reading books, also writing books. Doing theater (technical and acting) and finally film. Online RPGs (mostly play-by-email text based).

I also love to bake and cook and I do cake decorating. I'm a volunteer assistant director for an anime convention.

As far as collections: I collect stuffed animals, Breyer Horses, books, and tote bags.

Horseback riding (English primarily) is a long time love/obsession/hobby/sport.

And, I think that's the short list. :biggrin:

What are my hobbies? *grins* That's kind of a long list. Shortest answer: I am in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism), which is a medieval re-creation society. Within the Society, I am a herald, a bard, and a scribe. (I have also held a wide variety of positions locally and regionally and run various events). So I am an artist (heraldic and book illumination), a poet, a storyteller, a singer...

Other hobbies: Yes reading books, also writing books. Doing theater (technical and acting) and finally film. Online RPGs (mostly play-by-email text based).

I also love to bake and cook and I do cake decorating. I'm a volunteer assistant director for an anime convention.

As far as collections: I collect stuffed animals, Breyer Horses, books, and tote bags.

Horseback riding (English primarily) is a long time love/obsession/hobby/sport.

And, I think that's the short list. :biggrin:

The SCA sounds like a lot of fun. Perhaps we were born in the wrong Age.

I'm bookish and crafty both.... I like cross-stitch and have a work in progress at the moment (which I need to spend more time working on, but anyways). I'm always in the middle of a book, if not a dozen. Right now I think it's more like a dozen. >.<

I'm bookish and crafty both.... I like cross-stitch and have a work in progress at the moment (which I need to spend more time working on, but anyways). I'm always in the middle of a book, if not a dozen. Right now I think it's more like a dozen. >.<

My book club is meeting tonight at Panera's!

Fun! What book did you read?

I'm curious too. So, what was it. *pokes*

Lol, I did not want to read this month's book as nobody liked it and I can't remember the name so I went to dinner with them at Panera's and told them next month's book was really good (since I finished it.) Drum roll.....

"The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down."

Archived