DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's your favourite scene in the entire WoT?

number13

Too too many! But definetly dumai's wells, a cup of sleep(made me choke up in public), a conversation with the dragon(really hard to argue with Rand's logic at the time) , Rand putting Cadsuane in her place(twice!), Rand's meeting with the borderlanders and the amyrlin's anger.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scene in ToM where Rand tells Nynaeve that he's going to break the seals, she goes "bwhuh?!", and for a moment I thought, "oh great, here we go, cats and dogs again" but then he explains it rationally and logically without pulling rank, gender, or I-am-Dragon, and then she realises that he does in fact have a good point because he explained it to her logically and rationally without pulling rank, gender, or I-am-Dragon, and comes around to see his point of view.

In other words, two characters with initially different viewpoints that reach an understanding by talking. We've only been waiting the entire series for that one.

A few that come to mind.

Thom when he jumps the fade in order to let Mat and Rand get away.

The first time Mat speaks in the old tongue.

Perrin trying to save the tinker women who min saw dying.

Perrin forging the new weapon.

Rand on top of dragonmount.

Nynaeve defending Mat.

Perrin marrying Morgase off. Well your married go on now.

Mat defeating the golum.

Jain saying "If ever you meet a malkieri, tell them i died clean"

Those are just a few.

- Rand creating the shadowspawn-seeking kill-machine in the Stone, and Moiraine's wtf reaction to it.

- Bashere's "When I first slept in a saddle" speech about Muad Cheade.

- Mat beating Gawyn/Galad with a stick ("[Jearom] was defeated once. By a farmer with a quarterstaff.").

- Mat bailing out the idiot Carhieniens against the Aiel ("Los! Los caba'drin!").

- Rand/LTT finally working together to get out of the box (notably the moment when Rand is shocked by the first time LTT addresses him directly). In fact, pretty much anything LTT says is awesome.

- Some people have already mentions Dumai's, but specifically "They have caged Shadowkiller" and "Kneel - or you will be knelt."

- The "close run thing" at the manor house in KoD (a bunch of new badass weaves are introduced, LTT seizes the source from Rand).

- Mat's campaign against the Seanchan at the end of KoD ("This is a new kind of war.").

That only scratches the surface - there are way too many. Which is one of the main reasons I put WoT in front of ASoIaF. ASoIaF is consistently awesome, but the number of really standout moments (and characters that I really enjoy reading about that are still alive) are far more numerous in WoT.

The best scene has got to be in TGS with Rand being collared, choking out Min, and then owning Semi with the TP.

Introduction of deathgates and blossoms of fire in KoD, VoG, a force of light in ToM.

I love all of the scenes in the Waste in TSR and TFoH.

Rand following Aviendha to Seanchan and their moment.

Mat beating Gaywn and Galad with a quarterstaff.

Mat's courtship of Tuon.

When wolves join in fights (Especially Dumai's Wells when Perrin says they've caged Shadowkiller)

The only scenes I dislike are the Salidar chapters and some of the Egwene chapters; not a fan of Aes Sedai politics.

Pretty much every already mentioned scene but one thats always made me smile is when Rand is in tear in book 3? and Elayne and Egwene fresh off being annointed the super girls think they are all that and try to help Rand learn to channel (thinking they are so awesome they will sense male weaves) and they ask Rand to "do something" which is followed by him shielding them both binding them in air among like 20 other things all while saying something to the effect of "hows this for doing something?" and the girls are so aghast they can't break his shields.

My fav scenes would be

Dumai Wells especially the end when Rand makes the AS kneel to him,when Rand scares the shit out of Cads and when Cad's realizes that Semi is not 3000 years old and just another human being though more skilled than any of them.

Fave scenes?

Elayne and Aviendha being bonded as first-sisters

Dumai Wells

Rand vs. ANY of the Forsaken - kicks ass!!!!

Nynnaeve's testing for Aes Sedai

Egwene's testing for Accepted

Egwene defying her imprisonment in the White Tower under Elaida

..... too may others to mention......!

Perrin ignoring balefire in TRR in ToM and Egwene's face "you can't do that, that was balefire" (paraphrasing) and Perrin replying, it's only a weave!!

The women being told by Avienda that they need to apologise to Mat and then doing it.

Egwene trying to tie Perrin up in ToM as she thought she knew it all in TRR and Perrin shows her how uber he is in it by simply ignoring her ropes!

Perrin spanking Faile in the ways (can't remember which book) and when she asked her mates the Aiel to beat him up back they refuse telling her she deserved it

Any of Rands battles from any book

Dumai's wells, specifically "kneel or you will be knelt" - Best line from Taim so far in the series IMO

Rand breaking the shield on him and going mental at the AS who tortured him.

Matt beating Gawyn and Galad together while still ill.

Nyneave healing Logain's gentling and then realising what she'd done

Anything where Mat gets one over Elayne/Nyneave

Perrin standing over Faile's dead body (damn I'm dreaming again)

Pretty much every already mentioned scene but one thats always made me smile is when Rand is in tear in book 3? and Elayne and Egwene fresh off being annointed the super girls think they are all that and try to help Rand learn to channel (thinking they are so awesome they will sense male weaves) and they ask Rand to "do something" which is followed by him shielding them both binding them in air among like 20 other things all while saying something to the effect of "hows this for doing something?" and the girls are so aghast they can't break his shields.

I love that scene and I forgot to mention it in my post.

How about best one-liners...

ToM Chptr 7

When Byar is talking to Galad about the Two Rivers and Perrin raising an army of farmers. That they shouldn't be dismissed, that some of them are skilled in thr staff or the bow.

"I am well aware." Galad said flatly

It's got to be:

“Once he had a grove of oaks chopped down because they were looking at him. And then insisted that they would be given decent funerals; he gave the orations. Do you have any idea how longs it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?”

That had me howling with laughter first time I read it.

Archived