DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Weekend Plans

Ryrin

School's OUT! Successfully got through the Drama Club winter one-acts and talent showcase (I love running the club for my students, but doing a show with an almost entirely 'new to theare' cast and crew is quite an experience!). I will say, my students pulled it off fabulously, right down to two people subbing in on plays with less than two hours of memorization time when we had kids out sick. 

I have also gotten all of my grades (all 120 semester tests) done, and final grades into the book for the semester. Feels SO Good! 

My weekend plan involves Hobbits, wrapping paper, and family. :biggrin:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This weekend I saw "Once" (which is a musical based on the film). Very good production. 

Next weekend I hand-over my Kingdom office in the SCA (and all the plastic totes of stuff that go with it.) :biggrin: It was an awesome experience, but after two-and-a-half-years I am quite ready to let someone else enjoy it. 

This weekend, I was at something called Viking Vintr Vunderland. It's an old event we're reviving here in the Outlands. It's basically a silly Viking Olympics. There were Feats of Prowess like knife and axe throwing and lighting a match with a sword swing. The Viking Challenge Table was a gourmet of gross Scandinavian food (I had an entire bowl of lutefisk.) There was also something called the Big Game.

The Big Game was a sort of three team soccer for heavy fighters. The goal is to run a forty pound bag of cat litter dressed up to look like a sheep into one of the other two team's goals. There's a lot of tumbling around and I got hit at least six times on my way to the ground. :3

Our Seneschal was knighted after thirty years a squire. He took on a squire, a young lady who fights with us. Her boyfriend told me it's all my fault after I worked with her at her first practice. She's also a classmate here at university, so it's good to watch your friends grow in the SCA.

He offered me a man-at-arms belt and we're working out the dates. Humbling, but exciting nonetheless. His squire is already joking that she's my older sister as households and chivalric lines go despite the fact that she's ten years younger. :p

This weekend will probably be armoring and homework.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived