A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Weekend Plans

Ryrin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

wow time is flying by so fast lately. Went to sequoia national park on a weekend earlier this month. last weekend I was at my house at Bass Lake and there was a giant forest fire, got some good pics of it just standing in my front yard - luckily it didn't reach with my house but it got very very very close. not sure what i want to do this coming weekend yet

wow time is flying by so fast lately. Went to sequoia national park on a weekend earlier this month. last weekend I was at my house at Bass Lake and there was a giant forest fire, got some good pics of it just standing in my front yard - luckily it didn't reach with my house but it got very very very close. not sure what i want to do this coming weekend yet

• 2 weeks later...

We had our Shire Defender event. I won a bottle of mead for best defensive use of a tree. I also ran a really fun Bardic event at feast and nearly died laughing when the King told his tale.

Last year, we started a Bardic Defender category and I won, which meant I had to coordinate this year's Bardic. So, since we had visiting royals, I worked them into a story with a gift for each and used the story to also springboard the Bardic challenge: what was the Elven Queen's task which cost our Seneschal his hair? A lot of Shirefolk jumped in and started telling stories and improvising, which is what I wanted to see. This year's Bard is a young rapier fighter and he now carries what is known as the Grammar Hammer.

The fighting was also good but dying of laughter is better.

This upcoming weekend I might be hijacked and kidnapped for a rapier event in Albuquerque. Our fencing marshal invited me to play in the light tourney and I ended up getting to the semi-finals. I lost to a very disciplined fighter and enjoyed every second of it. So, anyway, they want to drag me down to the event and help me authorize so I can enter the newcomer's tourney. I -really- want to go but I'm in serious need of some down time.

We'll see. :3

Congrats on the tournament! GO YOU! HEHEHE

We seriously need to hang out, Hiarth! Whatcha doin' next April? I'm organizing a demo for the SCA at JordanCon... ;-)

I'm debating picking up Rapier. It's getting pretty popular in Meredies. I don't think I can handle heavies, much, but... yeah. More fodder for the SCA thread here. HAHAHA

Archived