DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hot Chocolate

U4ea

It's my winter addiction. I've become more addicted now that everyone's adding peppermint. I made my usual home recipe and added some peppermint and it made me think...

How do YOU make hot chocolate? If you don't make your own, what do you get when you go out?

I start with Swiss Miss chocolate mix and warm up the water. I fill thecup 1/2-way with hot water, stirring it to dissolve the powder. Then I fill it up with cold milk. Now, I add peppermint syrup from Starbucks.

Yum!

I have to admit, my favorite 'store bought' hot chocolate is Land-o-Lakes because I love the wide variety of flavors and they have something for every mood I'm in: white chocolate, mint, amaretto, hazelnut, dark raspberry, caramel, supreme, cinnamon, etc..... :biggrin:

I prefer my hot chocolate with just a little milk to keep it from being too hot and whipped cream. :) (I like the Reddi-Whip fat-free stuff. It's still delicious.)

If I go out, the Hardback Cafe (in our local Hastings) does flavor shots, and I love doing blackberry hot chocolate. Or (not entirely chocolate) a green tea latte with white chocolate and mint. (They do the best beverages I've ever had out of a coffee shop anywhere).

• 2 weeks later...

The temps dropped back down close to where they are supposed to be today, so I believe there will be a big cup in my immediate future...

Here too. I had a cup with breakfast.

Archived