DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Saying Hello to 2012

U4ea

What would you like to accomplish in 2012? Whether you call them goals or resolutions, this time of year is made for thinking about what you'd like to get better at in the 12 months to come. So, we'd like to help you set those goals and support you as you work towards realizing them!

Try to think of at least 3 goals you'd like to realize in the coming year and post 'em in here. As you work towards them, keep us posted and we'll help out as much as we can! If you see any way you can help someone in this thread out... Go for it!

1. Write the book I've just started outlining on 'My Adult Life'. Not sure if I'm gonna make it a biography like thing ( who cares to know about me?) or a fictional story based on my last 6 years (looking at my outline it seems too far fetched to be a believable story even though I'm probably gonna ignore several sub plots that happened), not sure if I want to try to put it out in the world, or just keep a record of my kid's first 5 years for her too look back at where she came from when she is older. Like I said, I just stared the outline, but I'd like to actually write it all out.

2. Do more crafting. more cross stith and hopefully learn crochet..I want to learn something where I can easily make a lot of different things and do it cheaply.

3. Spend more time playing with my kids and husband.

How I can 3 while doing 1 and 2..now that is the challenge of 2012!

Kathleen, your kid is 5? Is there a crafty option you both can enjoy? Color match cross stitch, maybe, where she doesn't have to count, just match the color of the thread to the aida cloth?

Or, get her some sewing cards or wooden beads and string that she can work in while you are crafting? She feels like she's being just like mommy, works on gross motor skills (teacher coming out there... Sorry), and you get crafty time.

We did get her a little jewelry making kit for cristmas. Just hyped up beads on string, but that could get the family time and the crafting time together! I can't believe I didn't think of combining them! Oh, and she just turned 6 in december.

6 is a great age! That'll be fun!

Moon, are you taking prenatal vitamins, yet? If not, talk to your Dr about starting if you're going to think about babies un the next year. The added nutrients go a long way to helping you feel better and there's nothing that SHOULD interfere with anything else you may be taking. It's only a little more involved than a daily multivitamin, if you can take those! Doesn't cure all ills, but it does wonders for the immune system. :)

My goals for the year:

1. Get my life turned around. I've recently been diagnosed with the "invisible illness" Anxiety.

2. Take a degree, then work up to a masters degree, with the open university.

3. Get my name out in the area as a freelance writer and editor.

The first one will, undoubtedly, be the hardest.

so far so good on mine! I've read 2 books, started a third and getting a new one on my kindle tomorrow. And two days this week I got to do some of my cross stitch. I'm hoping to give it to my aunt when its done. She loves birds, and this one is of two bluejays, so I think she'll love it. It doesn't really go with the decor of my house, but it was the only one at the store that I had any interest in doing so I got it.

Spend every day with my hubby on his days off this week, and we only got in one little spat, and it was over before supper was made. So far so good....only 11 and a half more months hahaha.

Taei, I downloaded a book on a "free Friday" from B&N that might help with reorganization. It's called Organizing for a fresh start. So far, its been an ok read, but its got my brain working...

Yay for reading, Kathleen! The cross stitch sounds great, too!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived