• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Red2111

Red2111

DM's Red Headed Step Child

• DM - Staff
  • 15,042 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Madam, I am not a grammar Nazi, and, in my defense, I had quite a lot of rum that night and felt a festive humor come over me. Leave the poor Whitecloak alone lest you inflict irreversible damage to his sexual autonomy. Heaping indignities upon dullards, indeed!

in the words of Tony Montana "I was jus' kidding!" :biggrin: srsly though, was just throwing a bit of light spam into the subject and messing around is all; in honor of my bro ed, da spam king.

*puppy dog eyes* but can't i just use one of these lovely insturments on the white cloak, i mean, he is a white cloak after all

Posted Image

seriously though, anyone who believs in the Mayian crap just because their calander ends will get a mega thwap on the head by my wall calender, jus sayin :laugh:
Posted Image

siggies by: Ama, Mashi, Frog, Ithi, and Boopsy <3 u all

#22 Red2111

Red2111

• DM - Staff
  • 15,042 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

just sayin...

Posted Image

WIN
Posted Image

#23 SinisterDeath

SinisterDeath
  • DM - Staff
  • 15,912 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

actually, the mayan calander did account for leap year, they just did it differntly.

*edit*
or perhaps they don't?
I seem to recall a documentary on it, that mentioned this.
And they did it every 8 years instead of 4 or something like that...

Edited by SinisterDeath, 05 March 2012 - 10:24 AM.

gallery_6827_296_97964.jpg

#24 Red2111

Red2111

• DM - Staff
  • 15,042 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

well even if theye did account for it, Ceasar doubled the smount of leap years factored into their count, so their count woudl still be off and the world woudl have still already ended

*chucks a 12 month wall calendar at SD* :tongue:

Edited by Red2111, 07 March 2012 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

#25 SinisterDeath

SinisterDeath
  • DM - Staff
  • 15,912 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

well even if theye did account for it, Ceasar doubled the smount of leap years factored into their count, so their count woudl still be off and the world woudl have still already ended

*chucks a 12 month wall calendar at SD* :tongue:

Yea, on further reading on it, it seems that the mayans 'knew' about the issue, and disregarded it as irrelevant. I think they had it all worked out, that each season would happen 'twice' on every day, in the 365 day calander.

And Its funny, in a sci-fi point of view, that all colonies would use a '365 day calander' as homage to earth, but always neglect to mention leap year. They tend to make it as a 'galactic standard' date/time system, and then would use there own 'local time' and convert accordingly. And local time? Not just date wise, but time varies by something like 15 minutes every 100 miles? (something like that at least) So to put it in einstien terms.
Time is Relative. :P

But as towards the 'mayan' thing, I recall something about a 'month of lost days', but apparently thats probably an unoficial thing that the mayan leaders 'possibly' did, and its highly skeptical whether or not they did it to 'set' the season 'correctly'. Course its not that hard on there calander either, to simply move the season 'forward' from an agricultural perspective, every 4 years. :P

But yea, they could have a 'month' to make up leap year, every 120 years to account for it, and by then, the seasons would have been 'off' by a month. Winter in July for instance, or summer in october.

gallery_6827_296_97964.jpg