DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

2011 Year in Review in TV

Emperor

Take an opportunity to list your favorite and least favorite TV shows of the year.

Emp's Favorite TV shows of 2011:

1. Breaking Bad - The show keeps topping itself each season. Sadly next season will be the last.

2. Downton Abbey - Whoa... a PBS (well really BBC) show is at the top of my list. I discovered this little gem and fell in love with it. Some will think it a bit stuffy but if you give it a chance you will love the story and characters.

3. Homeland - One of the reasons I am glad I keep my premium channels. The best new show on TV this season.

4. Justified - Mags really made this season shine.

5. Game of Thrones - I am sure most of you will have this at #1. I loved it and really look forward to season 2.

6. Sons of Anarchy - I caught up on the previous seasons this year so this show is still shiny to me.

7. Doctor Who - Probably will always be in my top 10 as this is one of my favorite shows of all time.

8. Friday Night Lights - Last season of this fantastic show. I am going to miss Coach Taylor.

9. Modern Family - The funniest show on TV.

10. Community - One of the smartest shows on TV.

Emp's Least Favorite TV shows of 2011:

1. Whitney - If you have seen one episode, you have seen them all. Not to mention the awful laugh track.

2. Live to Dance - The judges were awful...

3. True Blood - I watched the entire season and cringed through most of it. The last two episodes were some of the worst TV I have ever seen.

4. 2 Broke Girls - 1 episode was enough.

5. Terra Nova - 5 minutes of an episode was enough!

Shows I am most excited about in 2012:

Sherlock: The only negative thing I could say about this show is that there are only 3.

House of Lies: I know little of the show but trust the premium channel to deliver.

Awake: The premise alone has me interested. Just in case you have never heard of this show here is the summary.

A police detective gets in a car accident and wakes up to two different realities: one where his wife didn't survive the accident, and one where his son didn't survive the accident.

Downton Abbey: Loved season 1 and can't wait for Season 2.

Will watch but skeptical for 2012:

Alcatraz: JJ Abrams TV shows are hit or miss. I will give this a chance.

Smash: The next coming of Glee maybe...

• 2 weeks later...

I have to add

Once Upon A Time

to the list of favorites. While I watched it originally only for Jennifer Morrison, I was continually intrigued by the here-there parallels. The evil queen, played by Lana Parilla, is wonderful and may end up being my favorite villain of the year.

It's odd, though. Snow White has returned in one TV series and two movies, Snow White and the Huntsman and Mirror, Mirror.

The evil queen, played by Lana Parilla, is wonderful and may end up being my favorite villain of the year.

Emp's Top Villians of 2011:

1. Gustavo "Gus" Fring (Breaking Bad)

2. Mags Bennet (Justified)

3. Cersei (Game of Thrones)

4. Someone from Homeland - I know who but don't want to spoil anything

Then I may put the Evil Queen at 5. She isn't all that...evil... just more sad and alone. She reminds me more of a Desperate Housewives character than a villian.

• 1 month later...

Emp's Favorite TV shows of 2011 (Updated)

1. Breaking Bad

2. Downton Abbey

3. Boss I just caught this on Netflix and whoa.... it was VERY good. This show caught my attention when it Grammer won best Actor and after seeing the show I understand why. If you have netflix streaming I strongly recommend checking this one out.

4. Homeland

5. Justified

6. Game of Thrones

7. Sons of Anarchy

8. Doctor Who

9. Friday Night Lights

10. Modern Family

Archived