DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you GIVING this Christmas/Holiday?

Moon Sedai

Every year, people talk about what they want for Christmas. (Tommy wants a pair of skates, Suzie wants a sled, Billy wants an Ipad, etc).

But, we can't share what we're giving with some people because it'd ruin a surprise for someone.

(As much as I wanted to tell Mr. Moon last year about the Wok I bought him, I couldn't because it was a big gift. But his buddies thought it was awesome.)

So, what are ya'll giving away this year that you have to tell someone about?

I'm downloading a TON of books for Mr. Moon's e-reader. These are some graphic novels he's looked for that are out-of-print, books that are in a series he has been reading, and such.

I've gotten him a movie (the Assassin's creed movie) and I'm getting him the new Assassin's creed game.

we don't have furless kids (just the two schnauzers) so we have only each other to spoil.

I'm all about giving things away, way more then getting anything. So lets see

Keyholder: She got a fairy print that says "Are you a good fairy or a bad fairy?" She's also getting a throw blanket so I can be sure she's not freezing her butt off at work.

CJ: Got a fairy print called "Sisters." She's also getting food

Poetstorm: She got season one of Bleach (an anime)

Kathleen: Season six of Bleach.

I'd tell you what Mystica is getting when I get paid again, but she's active here and I don't want her to know. *laughs*

My brother got: a book about the Haunted Mansion ride in Disneyland as its his fave part of the park.

My sister got three vol of manga she is trying to collect

My mom is getting Firefly on DVD. She also got the new Star Trek movie which she loves.

This is a great thread idea!!! Well done! This is the part of the season I still love. I hate how it has stopped being about giving and being all about what you get. Thanks for bringing to back to generousity!

My best friend is in NZ this Christmas, half the world away from home. I sent her off a care package of bath and skin stuff from her favorite store here that they don't have there, but after I had it mailed someone said that since it had liquids in it it was going to get ripped apart in customs. So I'm really nervous about that. I did say what it was on it, but I didn't get insurance, or tracking or anything so I really don't know if its gonna get to her. They did say it wouldn't be there for the holiday, but it is on its way. I really hope it makes it!

My husband loves tools and weapons and he keeps pointing out folding knives when go to the Canadian Tire and he told me a certain brand name that I "can't go wrong if get [him] one of these!". He late out right said "for christmas, if you can't think of what to get me, there is a multi tool that was on sale this week that I would love!". I really want to surprise him on the holiday (as the last 2 years he knew what he was getting early), but I really wanted to get him what he wanted to. His birthday is in January, so I got him a folding knife from his favorite brand that I'm going to give him for Christmas, and then I'll give him the multi tool (that I already bought) for his birthday. It will be great because he thinks I got him the multi tool for Christmas, and when he doesn't see it he'll be sooo sad, and then when he gets it for his birthday he'll be so happy! So I get to surprise him twice!

Last week my aunt and I took my son (3) out for lunch and shopping (well my aunt took me out and the baby came with me) and at the restaraunt someone asked him what Santa was bringing him for Christmas. With out missing a beat, he said "a guitar and a drum!". Well, santa is struggling this year, and we were thinking santa may be brining something a little smaller. Until I went to the store after lunch and saw a 30 dollar box that had a kids rock and roll set. It had a guitar, a drum and drum sticks, a tambourine and marracas! So momma's gonna have one hell of a noisy year, but Santa will have made this little boy's dreams come true, and what mother could pass up that oppourtunity? My aunt distracted him while i loaded the kit into the cart and covered it with my coat, and my son never saw it so it will be a complete surprise!

My daughter will be getting her first digital camera. She is 6 and very desperately wants 'big girl' things, so we found a camera that is sturdy enough for her, but 'big girl' enough for her too. I think she'll love it. And we got her a bead jewelery making kit, because she loves wearing those big chunky beaded bracelets and she loves to craft, so I thought making her own would be nice. I expect her to spill the beads all over the floor in about 10 mins after opening the darn thing and having a major mess to clean up. and I expect to be wearing a chunky bead bracelet for year myself. Part of me can't wait to sport the tacky thing.

My dad and step mom are getting reindeer ornaments for the tree, made for them by my daughter (and myself). We have all the material, and after getting that stuff above we really can't afford to get anyone anything else. Hubby said his mom just wants a nice picture of the kids so we are going to try to find a cheap way to do a nice one for her.

Ya'll are awesome! I love this thread and will be adding it to the Dec thread as soon as my hand uncramps. LOL

I'll add a post or ten, too.

Tadpole has severely limited my gifting habit this year. :( something about $1000 a month on day care will do that.

But, here'sround 1 of my additions:

My sister is about to have a baby, so I'm giving her a date night package so she and her bf can have a night without a crying baby. My mom will be tickled to babysit, so it's a twofer!

Tadpole is getting a lighted mobile, since she likes lights. I'm not finished shopping for her, yet.

Peanut... She's a bit difficult this year. I'm still looking for that "awesome!!" present.

More coming!

My mom is getting Firefly on DVD. She also got the new Star Trek movie which she loves.

We got that for my mother-in-law a few years ago, along with Serenity. She loves scifi fantasy stuff.

I'm sending some cards out to a few other friends/family and stuff.

Poverty struck us this year pretty hard, so i've had to be creative.

Unless the Father-in-law fairy gives us a lot of money as graduation/christmas presents, we may not get much.

Today I traded in all our unused games and our old PS2 console and was able to get a game (assasin's creed revelations) for Mr Moon for only $1.21.

yay!

I had a good idea this afternoon that sorts ties in here. I was making up activities that we could do for Peanut's advent calendar (I'm trying to get her excited about Christmas traditions) and I thought it might be fun to "give someone a gift that you usually don't." I think we'll bake stuff for the neighbors!

Archived