DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Holiday Cookie Exchange!

Raena

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of the White Tower! I am bringing back an old Brown tradition - the Holiday Cookie Exchange. It is, exactly as the name suggests, an exchange of cookies (or any baked goods that will mail well).

How it works: You sign up. I will assign everyone an exchange buddy. You will know who you are sending your cookies to, but not who is baking for you. Then you bake something, and send it to your person!

IMPORTANT: Please sign up only if you are comfortable with (allowed to) give out your real name and (snail mail) address (the only one to see these will be me and your exchange buddy, and I will keep them private), and you are actually planning on participating, i.e. baking something and actually sending it. No fun for anyone if someone doesn't get their cookies!

Once you are certain that you will be able to participate, the procedure is as follows:

1. Send me an email (fhakansson at gmail dot com) before the deadline (Nov 30th) with the subject line "Cookie Exchange" and the following information:

- Your DM name

- Your WT rank and affiliation (for example Initiate, Algai, Accepted of the X Ajah, Aes Sedai of the Y Ajah)

- Your real name

- Your mailing address (don't forget to include your country in the address!)

- ANY allergies to any food product. IMPORTANT!

2. When the deadline is passed I will assign you your exchange buddy and email this information to you.

3. You then have a few weeks to bake and send your cookies. I won't set a date for sending the cookies, but try to send them so that they reach your exchange buddy before December is up.

Some pointers for mailing cookies.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

I LIKE COOKIE! I might participate but i dunno yet it might be expensive to mail cookies to okinawa :/

I'm going to try to assign people an exchange buddy in the same geographical region if possible.

Do you have any pointers for best practices when shipping cookies? I have never mailed food before. lol

Mailing cookies!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived