DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS. SHADOW] The Ultimate Showdown: RP Battle

Locke

*clears throat* Ahem, welcome to the Arena. Here the Light and Shadow shall fight in a neat and organized manner. The rules are as fol- Locke suddenly hears cries of disapproval. A more courageous member of the audience shouts "We don't want any rules!" and launches a tomato at Locke. The Tomato blurs and then comes to an instantaneous stop inches from Locke's face. "Fine," he shouts, "if that's the way you want it." The tomato suddenly shoots back at the audacious protestor four times faster than it came, hitting him broad across the face and launching him back into the people behind him.

Pretty simple here. It is Light Vs. Shadow (in case you hadn't caught on yet). Anything goes (Within general DM parameters of course). Basically, this is the thread where the Lighties bash the livers (would say brains, but they don't have any) out of the Shadowites.

Enjoy, be creative, and wreak havoc.

THE ONE RULE: IN YOUR FIRST POST, NOTE IN BOLD WHETHER YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR THE LIGHT OR SHADOW, since not all of you are off a Faction.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically, this is the thread where the Lighties bash the livers (would say brains, but they don't have any) out of the Shadowites.

PURE WIN.

In case that didn't tip anyone off, I'm fighting for the Light!

Meesh looks around at all the scared and cowering Shadowites, then pulls out Shiny Red (her lightsaber, for all you unenlightened folk) and trims her toenails.

The toenails then go into her weapons arsenal as she waits for fresh victims.

"Oh, come now, Lockey boy, you know that you're just jealous."

The Storm Leader of the Shadow Travels in, accompanied by a roll of thunder. "If you were that eager to die, you could have just gone camping in the Blight or asked one of my brethren to do the job for you. Obviously you lack the creativity to pull off a spectacular suicide with the Power, but I would assume even you cannot be completely barren of ideas. However, I will admit that this promises to be much more fun." Mawthtex's hair whips around as the wind rises and the ground ripples. His hands glow with a ghostly flame and clouds gather overhead. "Are any of you ready to face the might of the True Power of the Great Lord?"

So, yeah, I may possibly be fighting on the side of the shadow...

Also, i'll be on as much as possible, but real life decided to dump everything on me right about now.:darkone: So don't mind if I'm not on at all for like a day or so at a time.

Mawthtex's hair whips around

Snape-Loreal.gif

Laughing, the Sith Squirrel looks at the Shadowite Storm Leader who just strolled in. Shadowite theatrics, she thinks. They're all so insecure that they have to do silly things to make themselves look better. The higher their rank, the more insecure. Waiting till Maw's little show with the thunder, wind and ground fades away, she leans against a tree trunk casually, inspecting her paws.

"Silly Shadowite," she calls. "Look, the fact that you can't pronounce the word 'math' correctly because you're Texan is okay, it's nothing to be ashamed of. If you come over to the Light, we have speech therapy all ready to go. Whaddya say?"

Hope everything goes well for you, Maw.

Hurry back so we can whoop your butt!

"How typical for a Lightie. You obviously haven't done your homework. Wisconsin is nowhere near Texas. I'm sorry you failed basic US geography, but you can always take refresher courses." The Storm Leader folds his arms and raises an eyebrow. "Furthermore, why does the Light employ beings such as yourself? A Sith Squirrel? How much of an oxymoron can you be? More to the point, what in the name of the Great Lord is a Sith doing in the service of good? Don't you people commit genocide and enslave entire galaxies, or something? You should obviously join your true brethren on this side of the Tower. Anyone, no matter how furry, is accepted if they are evil enough"

I have to admit, the picture made me chuckle.

Good night, everyone. I'll try to hurry back and pile some more pwnage on you guys. Hopefully my brethren will keep up the good evil fight while i'm gone.

"Awww, poor Shadowite, doesn't even recognize when someone's teasing about his name. It must be really rough, being brainless. All the things you don't get.... Life must be so dull."

Darth Squirrely cackles.

"Fool, you know nothing of the true workings of Good and Evil. You think it's all about brute force and throwing your weight around, about tangible power that you can hold in your hand.... You think indulging your every whim and painting yourself with filth is power, a sign of being great. I know better. I know the strength that comes with self-discipline, with honing your every skill and not despoiling yourself with laziness. I know how to get people to do what I want, without having to worry about them turning on me should they ever gain power of their own. The secret to infinite power? The Light has it all figured out. We know things you could never know."

Holding out her paws, Meesh displays a crackling blue lightning dancing across her digits. "Self-control," she whispers softly, "is key."

Glad you liked it. :tongue:

Man, gotta love the Midwest, here in the BT. I remember when it used to be dominated by Brits... XD

Im fighting for the Shadow!

Suddenly, fire burst out of nothingness near Maw, and a flaming gateway began forming, throwing out sparks and miniature fireballs in all directions. Out of this gateway strode Pherno, the infamous Arch-Arsonist of the Shadow. Looking at the pitiful force arrayed against him, Pherno threw back his head and laughed deeply, before pulling out his harp and launching into song.

"I almost laugh when you try,

to defeat my master and I.

Your death is assured, you pitiful things,

give up now, and I might spare your skins!"

"Do you like it?" Blackhoof said, turning to his master, who merely rolled his eyes in exasperation.

Pleased with this response, Blackhoof began throwing fireballs at Meesh for making him laugh with her satirical impression of his master!

"Excellent," she hisses. "Supper."

Weaving a gateway in front of her, she sits back and watches a few fireballs fizzle out as they strike the back, then darts through and closes the gateway. Surveying the Cherubic Arch-Harpist of the Shadow from her new vantage point in a tree some distance behind him, she unleashes a large burst of Sith Lightning at his unprotected back.

Immediately she jumps to the next tree over, circling around and around, moving high and low, never stopping. As she leaps, she sings.

"If you would like a game of song,

I can whip you all day long.

My mind is sharp, my voice is pure,

When you fall hoarse, I shall endure.

Don't try to fight me, you won't win.

The game is on, let the carnage begin."

The Shadow will be triumphant

Turin steps out of the shadow in which he had been concealed. He extends his hand and the blue lightning that had been heading for BlackHoof is pulled away and settles into a ball of lightning in Turin's outstreched hand. Self-control is all well and good my little lightie, but the Shadow is also capable of controlling others.

It is perfectly understandable that the Light faction is littered with Sith. They are both by nature zealots, thinking only in extremes. That you seriously believe the Shadow Faction is all about brute force shows how sadly deluded you truly are. It is most likely due to the Taint. We of the Shadow have the Great Lord's protection which has alowed most of us to retain our sanity(yes you Ed).

The blue ightning transforms into a mass of nothingness blacker than night. It seems to pull the surrounding light in. Turin tosses the mass into the air where it expands and blots out all vestiges of light in the Arena. Welcome to the Dark. Even as all eyes were drawn to the expanding darkness, Turin moved to a new position to await the response of this Sith Sqirrel.

Hmm, the Shadow is making a strong appearance in this early hour of the battle...nevertheless, I shall keep the Shadow at bay until reinforcements arrive! And if none do, then I shall have to spoil my hands with your filthy blood.

"Ahh, I see how you make claims and then subtly shift gears so you don't have to back them up with any proof...typical. There is nothing to support your claims, because there is nothing TO your claims, because they are all lies and slander and twisting of words..."

On the word "twist," Meesh twists and disappears into the growing darkness, which, when complete, will prevent even the Shadowites from seeing, because everyone knows the eye needs light to see.

Alas, I was going to stay up late and work on NaNo, because life is purposely preventing me from keeping up on my wordcount, but then I remembered that I have plans tomorrow (later today, really) and I need sleep.

So sick of this, I don't even know if I'm going to be able to get 50K words this year. Not sure I should keep trying if it just takes up my time and energy and will be for nothing anyway.

Anyway, goodnight. I'll be back later, I have no idea when.

Blackhoof heard the crackle of lightning and turned just to see a bolt of electricity being pulled inot Turin's hand. Blackhoof scowled at the thought of being saved by Turin, of all people!

He answered the Sith Squirrel's challenge with relish.

"Squek squek, the squirrel goes,

While every single person knows,

That the title of true champion

goes to me, the greatest one.

Your heart is racing, your thoughts are not steady,

so come at me, male sibling, for I am ready!"

Blackness covered all and no one could see, but the Great Lord's gifts are many for those truly dedicated to his cause. Turin heard the squirrel scurring around in the darkness trying to sneak up on him. He could also feel the connection between himself and the GLoD as well as the similar connection that Blackhoof enjoyed. The madness had taken this one well before the GLoD claimed his soul. He would be dangerous, not to be trusted even tho they were battling for the same goal. Turin would figuritively keep his eyes on this one whilst destroying the lighties. Action to be taken when neccessary.

(I needed to be asleep 20 min ago. I must leave for now. until the morning.)

Enough was enough. The Dark Mistress S'ithi had watched the silly squirrel who claimed to be a Sith with amusement at first, but gradually it just became annoying. She would not deign to deal with such a one as that herself - so casually transformed some minions and sent them on their way.

squirrels.jpg

And now for Turin. He had foolishly maligned the great name of the Sith, albeit in an attempt to make the Silly Squirrel look even more foolish than she already was, but such things - once said - cannot be unsaid. An apology must be forthcoming or Turin would find himself at the burny end of her lightsaber

Seriously Turin ... What were you thinking?

The Dark Mistress S'ithi raised an eyebrow and prepared to enter the fray if necessary

SHADOW

"How typical for a Lightie. You obviously haven't done your homework. Wisconsin is nowhere near Texas. I'm sorry you failed basic US geography, but you can always take refresher courses."

QFT!

Despothera arrived onto the scene in grand fashion, his cloak billowing behind him as he floated down from the sky into the battlefield. To help add to his Storm Leader's point, he wove a few dexterous weaves and channeled a globe into existence, then let tendrils of air float it across to the squirrely wanna-be Sith. She thought she was hiding out of sight away from everyone, but Despothera's supernaturally heightened senses told him exactly where she was. The silly little furry kept peaking out from behind a tree, afraid to reenter the fray with so many shadowies around.

The little creature sure was a paradox. She claimed to be a Sith, but kept going on about self-control and discipline. Those sure seemed like Jedi traits to him. Perhaps she was talking about some other Sith, not the kind he was familiar with from a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Either way, the handsome vampire werewolf zombie rockSTAR thought it might not be a good idea to attack her, since after all she might realize the error of her ways and convert to the Shadow anyways. That is, if he didn't turn her himself, he thought with a malicious grin.

Looking around, he saw that no other lighties had shown up yet to even attempt to fight back against the Shadow. Just as well, he thought. With both of our Storm Leaders, Blackhoof, and him here they would be hard pressed just to make it back out alive. There was Locke of course, but Despothera smiled again as he though of how he already took care of him. Feeling like he might be waiting some time before any other lighties showed up to try and make things interesting, he wove a red velvet couch into existence, then sat down in it. He looked down at the empty seat beside him, then glanced at the Dark Mistress Sithi with both of his eyebrows raised questioningly. He hid his fangs just in case they frightened her.

Oh and in case there was any doubt whatsoever, I serve the Great Lord of the Dark and everything I do and every victory I attain, I do in the Glorious Goddess M'Hael Tina's honor :baalzamon:

"Excellent. The gang's all here. Except for the M'Hael, but I'm sure she's lurking in the shadows somewhere around here." The Storm Leaders gathered their troops in a circle. The air began to pulsate with an evil sensation as power was prepared to be flung at any enemy foolish enough to show themselves. Since the enemies in question were the Light faction, Mawthtex surmised that there would probably be several of their number cropping up any moment now. "They will rue the day that they decided to oppose the might of the Great Lord! Oh, and Turin, you may want to apologize to the actual sith standing over there. She looks none too happy with you right now."

____________________________________-

Come at us, bros!

Turin altered the weave and the blackness transformed. Initially it contracted back into the dense ball of blackness. This returned some light to the Arena. When Turin saw the group of squirrels battling with lightsabers he could not help but chuckle. The little would be Sith Squirrel was up to her furry ears in trouble. Let them deal with her. Just in case she should escape Turin sent the blackness back out to form a dome of darkness over the litle battle, allowing it to shrink slowly.

Surveying the remainder of the Arena He noticed the new arrivals. The swaggering Despo was expected, but The Dark Mistress S'Ithi was not. Had he known that a real Sith would be here he would never have besmirched the dark honor of the Sith in his tweaking of the squirrel. Turin bowed respectfully to S'Ithi. Well met great Sith warrior. My most humble apologies for any offense at grouping you with that one. I would stay away from that couch if I were you. Never know what was there before.

M´Hael stood in the shadows looking out on the battleground. She heard the little squirrel talk about self-control and discipline. Her asha´mans certainly knew discipline but why on earth would you want to have self-control? She wondered if all lighties were masochists. If they wanted pain then they had come to the right place. Now where was Logain? Wrestling some aes sedai? She would wait for him.

Enough was enough. The Dark Mistress S'ithi had watched the silly squirrel who claimed to be a Sith with amusement at first, but gradually it just became annoying. She would not deign to deal with such a one as that herself - so casually transformed some minions and sent them on their way.

squirrels.jpg

And now for Turin. He had foolishly maligned the great name of the Sith, albeit in an attempt to make the Silly Squirrel look even more foolish than she already was, but such things - once said - cannot be unsaid. An apology must be forthcoming or Turin would find himself at the burny end of her lightsaber

Seriously Turin ... What were you thinking?

The Dark Mistress S'ithi raised an eyebrow and prepared to enter the fray if necessary

No RP just yet, but I have to point some stuff out to you, Ithi. FIRST of all, have you ever read the entire House Damodred thread? I suggest you do so. I think you won't be so quick to mock me then. I've been a Sith Squirrel longer than you've been a member of DM, and I was once Damodred's most active member PLUS its Auntie.

Secondly, that picture is actually a picture of MY squirrel training camp for world domination purposes, I can pull up a quote (again, probably before you even joined) to prove it.

Do not meddle with things you don't understand....

None RP also. I have edited my response because of a PM I received. I would like to point out that my initial RP postings were as S'ithi and not myself. I was merely acting as my character would act. My comments towards Meesh being a Sith and also a Squirrel and yet fighting on the side of line were in context with what the other shadow side players were posting and were not a personal attack. Meesh has sent me a PM that acknowledges the fact. I was not prepared for Meesh to step out of RP and begin admonishing me for the way I was playing the game. If I caused offence I am sorry.

Okay, okay, sheesh. Wasn't RP, but still in character. And I meant the middle-ish bits, I wasn't there when it was founded.

Sure, I'll drop it, though, if it's gonna cause problems.

Have to leave in about 45 minutes and be gone for I dunno how long; I'll go through, reread everyone's posts since I left, and I'll get back into the battle with a post before I leave. XD

:laugh:

So the squirrel still has some fight left in her? Well if that pic was outta bounds Meesh, I shall conjure a different one which shall hopefully be more pleasing to your eye

roadkillgijoes.jpg

With a slight gesture of his hands, Meesh's world was devestated. He sent a few delicate threads of spirit into her mind to extend and enhance the anguish

The Dark Mistress S'ithi heard the words of the Squirel creature and discounted them. There were other times and places for such things. She had not planned to be here at all and having received such a warm welcome, wondered if this place was truly somewhere she would ever feel at ease. The couch looked comfy. Turin was nearby. Perhaps she would let others deal with rodents, who were inclined to quote ancient history as a means of making people feel small and unimportant, rather than just getting on with what was supposed to be a fun and enjoyable experience. S'ithi could wait and watch while this battle played itself out.

Blackhoof heard the crackle of lightning and turned just to see a bolt of electricity being pulled inot Turin's hand. Blackhoof scowled at the thought of being saved by Turin, of all people!

He answered the Sith Squirrel's challenge with relish.

"Squek squek, the squirrel goes,

While every single person knows,

That the title of true champion

goes to me, the greatest one.

Your heart is racing, your thoughts are not steady,

so come at me, male sibling, for I am ready!"

Darth Squirrely twists back into the Tower for a time, ready to hit and run (for she has other places to be, like catching up with old friends she hasn't seen in 8 years... XD).

"Male sibling, eh? And I love how you claim to have a Master and whatnot (aside from the Dark Dude) but still call yourself the true champion, the greatest one..." Meesh chuckles at the irony.

"A mockery of poetry you make

The path of little forethought do you take

There is no chance that you can win this round

You might as well run off without a sound."

Naw, I mostly just call myself Darth Squirrely out of habit and for old-time's sake. Anywhere else but here I could still be that, but I pretty much only post in the BT now and here I'm primarily a Lighty, plus I've changed a lot in my 4 years on DM. Not the same person I was when I joined, not the same person I was a year and a half ago....

So sure, we'll dispense with the Sith charade. It's still a nickname I'll always carry, but that time is past for me. I'm still a squirrel, though. And I still have a lightsaber. XD

:laugh:

So the squirrel still has some fight left in her? Well if that pic was outta bounds Meesh, I shall conjure a different one which shall hopefully be more pleasing to your eye

roadkillgijoes.jpg

With a slight gesture of his hands, Meesh's world was devestated. He sent a few delicate threads of spirit into her mind to extend and enhance the anguish

I always enjoy watching you work Despo

S'ithi reclines on the couch and smiles

Archived