DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS SHADOW]: Wheel of Fortune!

poetstorm

Hello everyone. Welcome to the Black Tower's Wheel of Fortune game!

To those of you who are familiar with the game show, this will be run somewhat closely to that, but with some modifications to make it fit better on a forum.

Basically in a nutshell I put up a word or phrase and you try to guess it by guessing letters, and then once enough is revealed you can try to guess the word or phrase. The theme is light and dark, so the word or phrase can have any connection to that theme. It could be heroes, villains, quotes on light or darkness, WOT characters that are particularly light or dark….anything goes. :D

The Goal:

Each of you will sign up onto the Light or Shadow team. Points will be calculated for each player, but also for each faction. (I am going to base the faction score on the average score of its players, which will still work fairly if there are more players on one side than another.) – SO…You can fight for your favorite faction. Will light triumph, or will it be overcome by the darkness?

I have the go ahead to give out some real BT points for this game. So here is how that will work. The highest scorer from each faction will receive 25 BT points. Also for whichever faction wins overall, each player will receive 5 BT points for playing and leading their faction to victory.

And…I am going to put my money where my mouth is so to speak. For whichever faction wins at the end of the event, I will wear a siggy for that faction for the whole following week as well as write a poem on the awesomeness of light or of dark. ^-^ So you have even more motivation to win. :D Convert me for a week…if you can… ^-^

The Rules:

1. The first time you post, please indicate which team you would like to be on.

2. Post your letter guesses in thread. Each correct letter guess will earn you 20 points. You don’t have to “buy” vowels in this game. Any correctly guessed letter earns you points. Sorry! These are only game points, not BT points!

3. Blanks that are colored in RED are bonus letters. Guess the letter that goes in those blanks and you earn an extra 10 points!

4. Guessing a word correctly will earn you 40 points but guess carefully because a wrong guess will cost you 20 pts!

5. Please wait for at least one other person to guess letters before you guess again. Not everyone can lurk threads as well as our BT members. :D So give everyone a chance. ^^

6. HAVE FUN!

OK! Thanks all for playing. Below are the winners.

Players:

Light:

Pants on Fire - 220 pts

Song - 820 pts

Talya 200 pts

Wombat 260 pts

Leyrann 40 pts

Average Light faction score (per player) - 304

Highest score - Light Faction - Song! As highest scorer for the Light she will be awarded 25 BT points. ^_^

Shadow:

Cindy - 2420 pts

Leelou - 540 pts

Turin - 1260 pts

Paet 40 pts

Average Shadow faction score (per player) - 1407

Highest Score - Shadow Faction - Cindy! As highest scorer for the Shadow she will be awarded 25 BT points. ^_^

And....the Shadow Faction is victorious!

5 BT points will go to each player of the Shadow Faction.

Also I made this siggie for you all. And as promised I'll wear it for a week as well. ;D

shadow.jpg

[img=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x12/poetstorm/shadow.jpg]

Phrases solved:

1. Shayol Ghul - Cindy

2. It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness - Cindy

3. Green Lantern - Cindy

4. Forsaken - Turin

5. White Tower - Cindy

6. everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody - Cindy

7. Lanfear - Turin

8. Aes Sedai - Cindy

9. everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see. - cindy

10. Shadar Logoth - Turin

11. Light blinded fool - turin

12. who is more foolish, the child afraid of the dark, or the man afraid of the light? - cindy

13. in brightest day in blackest night no evil shall escape my sight, let those who worship evil's might beware my power green lantern's light - Cindy

14. Shadowspawn - Turin

15. Life itself is but the shadow of death and souls departed but the shadow of the living. - Paetric

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK! Here is the current word. This is a place. A “/” means a new word.

_ _ / _ _ / _ E _ _ E _ / _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ / _ _ _ _ _ E / _ _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ _ E / _ _ E / _ _ _ _ _ E _ _.

Letters guessed for this word :

E

Players:

Light:

Dark:

Cindy - 160 pts

Phrases solved:

1. Shayol Ghul - Cindy

Still a place?

Wow Cindy, that was quick! :D

I put up a new puzzle. ^^

S

Shadow

Hiya Leelou. The word was already guessed by Cindy, but do you want to guess S for the current word?

Yes please

Updated :D

A

*pokes* :myrddraal:

*pokes back* :D Updated!

T

Updated, but which faction team do you want to be on? ^^

OK! Here is the current word. This is a place. A “/” means a new word.

_ _ / _ _ / _ E _ _ E _ / _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ / _ _ _ _ _ E / _ _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ _ E / _ _ E / _ _ _ _ _ E _ _.

Letters guessed for this word :

E

Players:

Light:

Dark:

Cindy - 160 pts

Phrases solved:

1. Shayol Ghul - Cindy

Still a place?

Sorry! I fixed that. Need to get used to updating all these fields. :D It's a phrase.

And I suppose I had best play for the light is we have two darkies here

Gotcha. :D I'll change that in a sec. Kinda stuck you in limbo. :D

And CIndy I'll update your "R" guess too in a sec. ^^

Light you guys are fast. But then again I AM running a game in the spam capital of Dragonmount. :D

Archived