DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Things We're Thankful For

U4ea

This has always been one of my favorite traditions here at the Kin, a thread dedicated to acknowledging all of the things you are thankful for. I've found that doing this every day makes the less happy things a little easier to take.

So, for the month of November, try to post one thing a day that you are thankful for. If you can't do it every day, try to do it as often as you can. We'll see if this works as well for you as it does for me!

Happy November, everyone!

Today, I am thankful for my very healthy family. We just learned that my father-in-law has CoPD and my husband's cholesterol is crazy high, but neither of those is something we can't deal with. Both if our girls are healthy and happy and even the cat & fish look like they're in for the long haul.

It may be a cliche start to the month, but we have a lot of friends who aren't so lucky this year. Here's hoping next year us as good for us as I pray it will be better for them!

Guest Tiren Sedai

Ohhh.. good challenge, Lor. I thank the light for my husband and dogs. We have a small little family (and no kids yet), but we're happy and healthy enough to keep it going and keep bills paid on time. That is always a big challenge in today's world!!!

I'll post more another day :).

Guest Tiren Sedai

Today I thank the light for my barbershop that my dad and I both own and work at. We have great customers and we are very proud of our little shop. We work in a small town of Jarrell, Texas - the people here are great. We've been open just after 2 years now, and we are getting our website published this week. Thanks so much to our loyal and new customers to help us keep our small traditional barbershop going. :)

Today I'm thankful for Orajel. Babies who are teething are rough on my ears...

How did people do this before Orajel?

Which brings me to point #2... I am thankful that I was put on this Earth a) in the 21st Century with modern medicine and b) in a country where I can access those advances.

LOL, you're probably right!

Today I'm thankful for my family tree full of Veterans! This us the first war the US has been involved in since the civil war that didn't have a member if my family fighting in it. Immigrant mutts we are, but proud Americans through and through!

I, too am thankful for the Vets in my family (myself included).

On both sides of my family, and my husband's paternal family, there are strong traditions of serving the Nation.

My (maternal) great-grandfather, my grandfather, my uncle, and my (paternal) Uncle, cousin, and my father all served in one branch or another.

I am distinct for being the only female (and) the only one of my generation to serve in the US Army (1998-2002). (My cousin I barely know, he's 10 years older than me, I've met him once.)

My husband's grandfather was General McArthur's pilot. His father was an Air Force Captain who helped the Air Force develop its first drug abuse policies during the Vietnam War.

and he served in the Army too.

Today I'm thankful for babies that sleep through the night. After 15 weeks of waking up to crying and 4 months of being uncomfortable and unable to sleep... It's a welcome change. :)

Now if it'll just continue... LOL

Today I'm thankful that even though I got paid today, and this is the paycheck that usually goes to bills, that I have a paycheck on the 7th of December as well, and that most of my bills aren't due until the 10th.

that just means I"ll be okay this month.

I'm also thankful for the extra 5 hours of pay for thanksgiving.

and my dogs.

Archived