• Created
  • Last Reply

Staff History

People interviewed :

- Jason creator of the DM web site

- Taya as former MoN

- Kathana Sedai as Amyrlin seat

Introduction

The Dragonmount website as been created by Jason. It’s was thanks to him that the white tower was created and the guild.

Kathana Sedai has been Amyrlin from the beginning, as Esteban has been the only Sword Captain.

The Sword Captain tasks are the same as the ones of ajah’s heads. It involves to watch the guild boards and the members.

The Master at arms tasks are the same as the ones of the MoN but centered not on novices and accepted but on algais and mashimas.

Some informations about the interviewed people

Jason

The creator of DM webside ( that we thanks so much for it) is 28 years old, married to Jennifer that he met on Halloween during college time and has a son named Aidan who will be a year old at the end of June.

He’s graduated with a Bachelor's in Computer Graphics and animation. In college (and high school for that matter), he wanted very badly to work at ILM and do special effects for movies. At the end of his college career two things occurred which took over his life: he made a movie, and DM. Both were great outlets for his creativity back then, Jason says, although DM has (by a long shot) proven to be the better of the two products.

During his year at College, Jason use to play to JEDI KNIGHT which was the popular computer game back then and got hooked. He had a great time with that and totally dug the idea of the clan system and loved how each was its own little community which had (usually) friendly rivalries, all centered around a common interest.

In 1998, it seems that he got done with Jedi Knight. He wasn't quite ready to make a movie yet-- that part of his life had not dawned yet. So he needed another obsession. He had always been in love with the Wheel of Time series, and most of his friends were sick of him yammering about "those books". He had not found an online community based on WoT and was eager to get his geek on with somebody who equally shared my theory that that Rand and Nynaeve would cleanse saidin together using the big sa'angreals, as he says.

Then Jason went on : “There was some wot website back then that collected emails and ICQ numbers of people who enjoyed the books. I stole some of those numbers and invited those people to help me with my website. I reeeeeeally wanted to use the name Dragonsworn.com, but that was taken, and frankly, I was jealous of how good their website was. So I "settled" for Dragonmount.com. One of the people who was on that pirated list of ICQ WoT fans was Robert Colbert. He was running his own internet start-up company (back when even my grandma was starting internet companies). He offered me some hosting and said he'd take care of my domain name. I knew nothing of that stuff, I was happy to take him up on the offer. So on September 19, 1998, Dragonmount.com went live to the world. I spammed about 100 people's inboxes that day. To register with the site, you had to fill out a form and I manually added you. You could join an "Org" which was my version of a clan, but WoT style. I remember being surprised when, a week later, I had nearly 150 sign up requests. (I forget the exact number).â€

And so DM was born...

Kathana

Kathana discovered the DM boards in the fall of 1998 a few weeks after it opened. At the time, our Amyrlin has started her WT life as a young and distractable brown sister on another website. But after some weeks, she was contacted by Jason who told her about DM, which she checked. DM was two weeks old at that time.

When Dragonmount opened, there were originally five Orgs. White Tower, Black Tower, Shayol Ghul, Wolfkin and Children of the Light. Jason had recruited people he knew from other forums or online groups to lead them. In a first time, he had asked someone called Julia to be the Amyrlin of the White Tower.

However a few weeks before the site opened to the public, she changed her mind. The site opened on schedule without an Amyrlin. The first month or so the site was up, Jason's biggest priority was finding an Amyrlin. He really wanted the White Tower Org to play a major role at Dragonmount, so he was being very picky about who he selected.

Kathana, having no idea what she was getting herself into, applied on a lark. She thought it would be a nice diversion for a few months. Indeend she thought the site wouldn't last longer than a year anyways thinking people get bored easily on the internet and she had already seen many good ideas abandoned after the founders got bored.

Anyways, after a few rounds of interviews and the like, Jason finally appointed Kathana to be the Amyrlin Seat of Dragonmount.com, a position she has now held for a little over seven years. This makes her the longest serving Amyrlin Seat of any WoT community.

Let’s hear what Jason says about Kathana :

“Yes and not really. When DM opened I had about 6 or 8 organizations. I had assigned the duty of org leader to some people from that ICQ list I mentioned above. But I didn't have anybody to lead the White Tower. So I asked for applications. I had maybe 5 or 6 applicants. All were very nice to apply, and had great things to say. Then I got an email from a high school student named Jennifer Shifflet. She wrote this role-play describing herself running into "my office" and convincing me to hire her. It was truly inspired, and really damn funny. Too bad I don't have that email anymore.

So I gave her the job. She has been the only org leader to stick it out from that time, never wavering, never stepping down. Truly, DM would not be what it is today without her significant help.

But I need to stress that she is not the only one who has been so instrumental to the website. I really can't get started cause the list is just insanely long. But just know that Jenn has been a huge blessing for DM, and so have dozens of others whom I should all pay equal tribute too eventually. »

Taya

Taya joined in the year 2000, July 4th to be exact.

She choosed the Green Ajah at the time (the Roleplay and Community were joined at DM) because she was playing a character with a very fiery temper, lots of guts, and a fighting spirit. She just seemed like a good match for the Green, though she had big Yellow streaks. She also joined because at the time she thought that members of the Green Ajah (legends like the then Head of the Ajah, Lanfir Sedai, and the utterly wonderful Ryell Sedai) were the most fun and outrageous and hilarious people at DM, and she got along amazingly well with them and thought they were amongst the best writers at the site. In those days most of us Roleplayed together as the Roleplay and Community were not separated.

She took position as MoN in late 2003 on a temporary basis. It was probably a few months, maybe 6, after that when her position was made permanent. So she was MoN for a bit more than 3 years.

Before her, other MoN as been choosen like Soraya Sedai (Yellow) and Alosha Sedai (Grey as Taya says) it seems that one was very controversial one and has done evil things... When Taya joined DM there was Phrygiana Sedai who was MoN (Grey Ajah). And after her I believe, says Taya, came Sabine Sedai (Brown). Julannah Sedai (Blue/Black) might've come next.

Now, as it has become difficult for Taya to go on with her tasks, another MoN has been chosen : Lor. She’s helped with Kynwric for the guild part.

Events

Here are some events, important for the people interveiwed :

Jason : “A few years ago we did an "Org of the Month" thing. Whichever Org it was got to decorate the entire website in its colors. The WT did a great job and each ajah had a turn at making DM look like its ajah. That was cool stuff and I hope to give the orgs another chance to do that.â€

Taya : “Well, this is a rather more easy question to answer! The worst would have to be when a DM friend died (not in the RP but for real!). She was a fellow Green Sister and was very young when she died. It was a big tragedy for everyone and it was particularly disheartening to see how some people at DM (who are pretty much all long gone from DM now, thank the Light!) behaved at that time, with great callousnes

Researcher: Chaelca

Blue Ajah Presentation

Brought to you by:

The Blue Ajah leaders

With some help from a few aspies:

Kepen and Brendalea

*~*~*~*~*

Blue Sisters and Brothers

Maria - Head

Niamh - Sitter

Charis - Sitter

Jhaenara - Sitter

Sisters:

Kamarile

Cyndrid

Alizanth

Silver

Kristal

Myrlindra (Myrlie)

Melainya

Liselle

Rinoa

Tilana

Seraph

TaliAnn

Egwainne

Julannah

Jhaedra

MsDanya

X-BLUES!! ƒ¼

Sammi - Aes Sedai (Inactive)

Aleatta - Aes Sedai (Inactive)

Boopsy - Aes Sedai

Kiara - Aes Sedai

Sexilicious - Aes Sedai

Isilwen- Aes Sedai (Inactive)

Dharigaz - Aes Sedai (Inactive)

Lara - Aes Sedai

Chillimous - Aes Sedai

Master Lu - Aes Sedai

Elyssa - Aes Sedai

Lady Moraine- Aes Sedai

Aspirants: These are the people aspiring to the Blues of June 2006

Amaline

Aidanna

RJ Haren

Poledra

Rosetta

Kepen heal

Brendaharley

Interviews

Jhaenara

>Your Handle at DM: Jhaenara

> Real Life name: Jeanne

> Where you from in RL? - I'm from outside of Chicago,

but currently reside in Omaha, NE... husband is USAF.

> What time zone is this in? - CST

> How long have you been at DM? - Umm, since they added

the novice system... forget the dates. Back when

Jason actually RPed and was the Dragon, lol. Not

quite a year after DM started? It was about May of 1999 I believe.

> How did you find out about DM? - Surfing for "Wheel

of Time" stuff.

> Why did you choose the Blue Ajah? - Lasir and Joram

thought I fit the Blue even though I was leaning

toward Brown or Gray.

> What other orgs are you a member of/do you post at

regularly? - Black Tower (or was). I was a part of the Band, Shayol Ghul, Freelanders and Ogier way back too. This was when they were all RP only. These days I'm still a Blue, but on the Community side and I'm in the Kin.

> How many hours a week do you spend DM related? - I check in every day though may not post.

> How has that changed in the time you've been here? - It's changed somewhat because I used to be much more involved in projects and the hierarchy. I was Blue Ajah Head for a little bit, but had to drop it due to emergency stuff IRL. Now I just like to hang out and chat/post. I try to avoid all the silly drama that likes to pop up at these sites.

> Do you ever go to DM meets? - No, but I would like to.

> If yes how many have you been to?

> What do you do b/s visit DM for fun/work? - I mainly

play MMORPGs with my friends. In WoW right now. I

like to read, watch CSI, swim, play volleyball and

travel when I can. I also enjoy playing in Adobe Photoshop a lot, especially doing photo manipulation.

> Have you tried to draft any relatives/RL friends

into the legions of Dragonmount? - No, don't think I know any RL people that read WoT, except my husband read about as far as I did, but he's not into sites like this much, nor does he have the time... lol.

> What keeps you at DM? - Mainly the new friends I've met since coming back full time. The books don't though, sadly. I think I stopped around book seven. I'm planning to try a reread though and catch up on what I haven't read because I heard it does improve again.

> Give me a personal quote that you made up or a word

you say a lot: I'm not a quote person, but I did make up the Mento/Minty thing you hear and the Blue Ter'angreal®. I used to love saying blood and bloody onions a lot... lol.

Interviews

Charis al¡¦Aslan

>Your Handle at DM: Charis al'Aslan

> Real Life name: Jasmine

> Where you from in RL? NYC

> What time zone is this in? EST

> How long have you been at DM? Over a yr.

> How did you find out about DM? A random Google search about Wheel of Time.

> Why did you choose the Blue Ajah? It's my favorite in the books, and they were the most outreaching to me.

> What other orgs are you a member of/do you post at

regularly? I am an Aiel initiate, but not very active yet b/c of my Blue Sitter duties.

> How many hours a week do you spend DM related? About 10 hrs/wk.

> How has that changed in the time you've been here? I used to be on much more. But, I think that's b/c I was focusing on getting points to be raised.

> Do you ever go to DM meets? Not yet, but I'm planning to attend Dragon*Con '07

> If yes how many have you been to? N/A

> What do you do b/s visit DM for fun/work? I read a LOT, and I teach & preach. I'm a public school teacher and youth minister. I lead singing at church, and I am a member of several committees.

> Have you tried to draft any relatives/RL friends into the legions of

> Dragonmount? Yes, I have - Cairos and his RL twin, Dah'mir are RL friends of mine.

> What keeps you at DM? The wonderful ppl, the fun and laughter, the comraderie, and of course - torturing the Novices with penances!

> Give me a personal quote that you made up or a word you say a lot: "Dude! What the heinous?!"

Blue Ajah History

I¡¦ve talked to those blues that have been here the longest. Not many remain and they have only been here since Dragonmount was split. It used to be a role-playing site. In 1999, back then you joined as Aes Sedai without being a novice or accepted.

In recent history Maria states that there have been three blue heads. Before her Egwainnel, Eggy, and Master Lu was head. After him julannah/juls also a man headed the blues. The blues seem to attract alot of males.

Jhaenra was one of the first groups of novices. She says the blues have really always been a small group. Alizarth Sedai was head when jhae was raised. She went and then mia and jhae were made temporary head and then full head. Back then many of the admins role-played. Her character become very important as the dragon reborn fell in love with her. She had to send reports to Kath each week as to what the Ajah was doing. Due to real life issues she stepped down and Egwene was made head of the blues. No one seems to remember any real big events in blue history.

From,

Mia Sedai

For the last two years the White Tower has had a community service month. What this means is that each Ajah comes up with a project that we can run that will service people other than ourselves. Both the years we¡¦ve done this the Blues had a clothes drive. We encouraged people to donate old clothes to Good Will or equivalents of that, and this list is a list of people who I know for sure participated.

Blue Ajah Clothes Drive Participants:

Rhea ¡V novice

Moraine ¡V novice (now a Blue)

Deiria ¡V novice

Jafael ¡V novice (now a Green)

Moriel ¡V novice

Laureth ¡V novice

Jaydena ¡V Green Ajah

Karana ¡V Brown Ajah

Kathana - Amyrlin

History of the Brown Ajah

In the Wheel of Time books the Brown Ajah is known for seeking out knowledge and appears to be unaware of what is going on around them. The Brown Ajah at Dragonmount also seeks out knowledge if not exactly in the same way. According to the member profiles the whole Ajah seems to enjoy reading and many of the members teach not only school, but also music, foreign languages, and many other activities. Most of the members of the Brown Ajah chose to join because they felt at home with others that enjoyed books, knowledge, learning from each other, and chocolate.

In the past the Brown Ajah was known for many things. They were at one time the largest and most active Ajah at Dragonmount. Almost every staff member from Keeper to Librarian was a Brown. There trademark was handing out brownies, so much so that other Ajahs were not allowed to give out brownies at all. Browns like all things chocoalate and at one time had a whole online cookbook of chocolate recipes that had been posted by members of the Ajah. At this time Jeannaisais Sedai is in charge of all Chocolate Rooms at Dragonmount.

Another old tradition is the Browns being known as the sexXxy Ajah, because as we all known knowledge is sexy. The Brown Ajah members were known as the “S&M dominatrix type Sisters.†It also seems that people would make jokes about whip cracks and screams keeping the Tower up at night. This reputation attracted The Children of the Light. Soon the Brown Ajah had a special friendship with them included trips to the Brown Quarters™ for good behavior. There is also a running joke about Brown Ajah slumber parties and brown sequined small clothes, but that is all that is known about that.

What would a history be without a listing of the leadership throughout history. With that in mind I have compiled a list of the Heads of the Brown Ajah starting at the beginning of known records first was April, then Serafelle, followed by Yveva, Swani , and currently Karana Majin. The most current list of members can be found at http://www.farstrider.org/BrownAjah/members.htm. Biographies for many members can also be found here.

Researcher: Tabby Jae

The history of the Gray Ajah

The Gray Ajah was one of the five original Ajahs. The original five Ajahs were the Blue, Brown, Gray, Green and White. The Red and Yellow Ajah were founded later.

The first Head of the Gray was Mabriam Sedai, and the original members were Mabriam Sedai, Serinia Sedai and Alosha Sedai.

Mabriam Sedai was succeded as Head by Serinia Sedai, and after Serinia Sedai the Heads have been, in order, Phrygiana Sedai, Reile Sedai, Marce/Pookie Sedai and Serinia Sedai (again).

Of the original members, both Serinia Sedai and Alosha Sedai spent time as Mistress of Novices. Phrygiana Sedai was also Mistress of Novices. The position as Keeper of Chronicles has been held by two Gray sisters, Reile Sedai and Muirenn Sedai (when she was Gray).

The Gray Ajah is one of the smaller Ajahs, that used to be known for not being very active at Dragonmount but rather being active by mail, however, according to Mendorah Sedai, that is changing some.

The current members of the Gray Ajah

Ajah Head:

Mendorah Al Landri

Sitter:

Pookie Sedai

Sisters:

Serinia Latar

Empy Sedai/Sammantha Aellinsar

Myriam Asynja

Seryanne Sedai

Cairos Sedai

Retired Sisters:

Almindhra Dhasara

Danera Rohayne

Deanne al’Moiran

Eidheann Merida / Emeritus

Tania Ramsey

Souvra‘Dar:

Charis Al’Aslan

Interview with Mendorah Sedai, Head of the Gray Ajah

For how long have you been a member of the Gray Ajah?

I have been a member of the Gray Ajah since March of 2005. I made my declarations in February and was accepted into the Ajah as an Accepted Aspirant in March.

What made you choose the Gray as your Ajah?

I chose the Grays as they were quiet and seemed to be more my age and according to the website that was up at the time, they were serious about being a close group. And I felt a strong connection with the Grays in the books. I really identified with the leadership and advisor roles they took on.

During your time as a member, has the Ajah changed in any way? For example, has there at any point been a larger number of Grays active (at Dragonmount) than there are now?

Yes, when I first joined, the Ajah wasn't very active on the messageboards. They were active via a private e-mail system. I came on board as even the e-mail system was not very active, so I became active on the messageboards. Our activity on the messageboards has grown from there. Also, since I became Ajah head, I have tried to give us an eternal discussion topic - Volunteering.

You have said that you try to keep a volunteer thread going all the time, and that this is something relatively new to the Ajah. What kind of projects did the Ajah use to have before?

This is something that I can't answer very well as it was before my time. At one point, I had various discussion threads going as my "debate topic of the day". They weren't really debates as they were silly thoughts with polls. And I think one of the older sisters had Quizzes that she posted often.

How come the main activity didn't take place on the Dragonmount boards (if this is true)?

This is another question I can't answer very well. From what I know, the Gray Ajah just made a decision that they wanted to be more personal about their connection with one another.

Finally, how would you describe the Ajah as it is today?

Today I'd describe the Ajah as growing and ecclectic. As you can see, we have a range of types of people in our ajah now. We have some older members who still hang out here and there. We have a newer member who is active in the Hand and is Very inquisitive. And we have a new member who is relitavely young (compared to other members) and is filled with energy. I think right now we're trying to find a good balance between the new and the old. We want to be visible and active in the Tower without alienating the old ways of the Ajah. For instance, I still have the old e-mailing list handy to keep the inactives involved with what's going on in the Ajah and I also keep up with the active sisters via my own new e-mailing list when things are important and deserve to have personal attention.

Sources: Mendorah Sedai and Mother

Researcher: Raena

The history of the Green Ajah

To write about the green ajah history, I interviewed two really important characters of the greenies world. Jaydena who is the green ajah head and Cleopatra who’s the green ajah heart.

When and how have they discovered the DM board?

Jaydena Sedai discovered WOT through a friend, he kept bugging her to read the books. But she didn't like fantasy at all so in a first time she declined. Finally she tried to read them and couldn't make it through the first 80 pages. Months later he tried to convince her to read them again. She read them and loved them.

After she read the books, she, her brother and her friends found DM, this was back in 99! She joined DM and started RPing! Back then the site was not split into community and rp side. I left DM for personal reasons when she came back the boards were totally different.

Cleopatra Sedai discovered the Dragonmount website through her husband, Bill who came to read the discussion boards. He never posted but would always talk about the site as being one of the best sources of insight and information about the books. After reading the discussion for a while Cleopatra began to explore the boards a bit more and was drawn into DM world.

A bit of history

There were two green ajah heads on the RP side before it split, Lanfir and Mandi Sedai. When the site split into rp and community Eladari Sedai became the Head of the Community Greens. When she stepped down in October 2003, Jaydena was promoted to Ajah Head within a week.

The offsite board was created in April 04 and after some revamping and hard work the board was in working order. It was created it because at the time the greenies had moved from the Age of Legends board and had public boards on DM and no private boards.

Tasks performed in the Green ajah board

Cleopatra Sedai did one of the most important task on the green ajah board : she did all the artwork and helped Jaydena with site preps for the ezboards (which is technically the 3rd board for the Greens and the actual one). She also created an offsite board for the Mirror storage to hold our greenie history so that it’ll not be lost again; this included DM history as well.

Cleopatra Sedai created and ran the Recipes board that allows for all Novices/Accepted/Warders to gain points by submitting real, working recipes or recipes that were wholly unique or super funny! She retired from that site, appointing Serenity Sedai as the caretaker.

Other important characters are the Sitters who change every six months. An election is hold and the entire ajah votes on the three people that will hold the position (more than three people run so there are always people who have to wait till later terms to get their chance). In the start of being ajah head Jaydena did like most of the other ajah heads and picked the Sitters herself but I changed it to a voting system as she wanted the ajah to be as fair as possible.

Green ajah and warders

The green aes sedai are well-knowned for their links with the male inhabitants of the white tower : the warders. Lot’s of them are bonded with one or more full warders, mashima or algai. Those come to the green board where they aren’t the only male members ! Green ajah is composed of some male brothers, too.

â€According to the books, the Green Ajah has a special interest in having more than one Warder. Our Ajah does as well, but we also encourage them to socialize with us even more by attending their boards as well. The gals in our Ajah have a special place in our hearts for the Warders, that for sure LOL!†Says Cleopatra Sedai.

Jaydena adds :†For as long as I remember we have been the ajah that I would say is the closest and the most involved. Of course the other ajahs have gaidin and they often visit but you will always find greenies hanging out on the Warder board and you will always find warders hanging out on the Green board. “

Greenies events

The best greenie event

Greenies seems to recall lots of good events : the MON one on the Age of Legends board was great, the creation of the moat and the first warder to get tossed in was something, it seems, as the sonnets done by the Gaidin as punishment.

Among those best events there is the Warder/Sedai swap week. Cleopatra Sedai told that she was happy to see other Ajah's come to participate just on the excitement and fun that the greens have. “We really do, enjoy inter Ajah fun and it's always a pleasure to have visitorsâ€, she said.

The worse greenie event

It looks that worst event was getting hacked and losing all of the green ajah history that had been saved on both the offsite board and the archive board the green had created.

Last greenie event

The task of Heart has been opened. The heart is picked by the Head of the Ajah and is supposed to embody the spirit of the Ajah. She is the HoA's back up and shoulder to lean on. It is supposed to replace the task of “Assistant ajah†head.

She holds a position equal to (but separate from) the Sitters, except when the Head of Ajah is away, she steps in to run things .

Since the green sitters terms are only 6 months, it seems very difficult to train each sitter to do all the things Jaydena does and it is impossible for the Head to take the time for training or re-training each new set of sitters.

Cleopatra Sedai said : “In essence, I am just waiting in the wings helping with site admin stuff, artwork, and whatever needs done that the sitters may not get to or have knowlege of. If Jade ever takes leave, I will step up to run the Ajah until her return. I do less than the sitters, since they have the majority of work. Which I am so grateful for!! “

History of the Red Ajah

When Dragonmount started up, the Red Ajah was one of the last Ajahs to form. Francesca was the first person to join and became the first Head of the Reds. Narell joined next and they were the only members for a few months. The Red Ajah has remained small with never more than 10 full active members at one time.

Because Red Ajah members do not traditionally bond warders, members of the Red Ajah decided to take on love slaves instead. Only the best of the best were chosen as love slaves. Their uniform was a leopard print thong and a feather fan. Their duties included peeling grapes, fanning the Red Aes Sedai, and looking sexy.

Ender is King of the Reds and holds the bond to the entire Red Ajah. Duties of the Red Ajah to Ender include feeding him peeled grapes which are peeled by their love slaves and basking in his radiance.

Ender first became involved with the Red Ajah when someone used compulsion on him to make him bond Narell against her will and attack Francesca. When the compulsion wore off he was imprisoned for a long time. During one of Kathana’s posts someone discovered the Red Ajah wearing filmy dresses and feeding Ender grapes, which eventually ended in his role as King of the Reds.

Kathana’s post also led to the traditional Red Ajah uniform, which was a filmy red robe and stiletto heels. Reds traditionally enjoy sporks and over time fangs, cherry pies, and red rum have been added to the list along with other items.

When Dragonmount split into RP and community boards a split formed in the Red Ajah over disagreements and some of the members chose to leave. The remaining members stayed and moved on.

In June 2004, the Red Ajah decided to do something special to celebrate the friendship and similarities between the Red Ajah and the Green Ajah. They invited the Green Ajah to be their Souvra'dars, or soul sisters. The bond still exists between those Ajahs on Dragonmount.

The Red Ajah has changed over time. Red Sisters are now allowed to bond people if they choose to. In addition, red leather pants are now preferred over the filmy robes and stiletto heels.

Laurana is currently working on a project on history of Red Ajah in WoT

Heads of the Red Ajah

First: Francesca

Second: Daelin*

Third: Dallah

Fourth: ?

Fifth: Kathrina

Sixth: Cerianth*

Seventh: Briakale

Eigth: Tessandra

*same person

Current Members:

Head:

Tessandra

Sitters:

Laurana

Briakale Nirene

Active Sisters:

Muirenn Alianin

Sheliara a'Dahlin

Malene

Accepted Aspie: Mara Jayde

I would like to thank Ender, Muirenn, Cerianth/Daelin, Kathana, and Laur for all their help

Researcher: Nailea

History of the Yellow Ajah

Demi: Hello, As you may or might not have noticed I am thedemigod, and today im here to bring you the finest within interwiews. Today I have with me the one and only yellow ajah head, Nynaeve!

Now, Nyn, how do you feel?

Nyn: I feel pretty relaxed, actually. It's Saturday which means no work. I just took a long bath and i'm drinking chocolate milk. Life can't get any better *smiles*

Demi: Sounds great Makes me want some milk myself.. Ah well, plenty o'time for that later, now. Why dont you tell me about some major yellow projects?

Nyn: Well, the project that really made the yellow ajah shine was the Herb Encyclopedia project. Yes, it took a long time. Longer then it should have. But the results outweighed the proccess of getting there. The most important thing about it is that it was team work. We seperated each book into two parts and gave each part to a person. Of course now we need to update the encyclopedia since we only summed up the herbs from book 1-9. Any other details we could find like descriptions of herbs and affects we added. So it's not just a list of herb names. It can be very useful for Rping, especially for yellows and of course it's just information that is nice to have.

Demi: That must've been some task *is quite amazed actually* Youre going to have to show me this work once. Well, i'd like to know something about previous yellow ajah heads? And pherhaps how you came to have this highly honourable position?

Nyn: *L* ah yes. Well, I don't really know about the line of Yellow Ajah heads. All I know is that when I joined Dragonmount on 2001 the ajah head was Soraya. I honestly have no idea how long she was ajah head. I bet Kath aka mumsy will know better then me. Anyway, there were more yellows around. Just a few. The memorable ones for me were my mentor Zanthia... which I found out was actually a guy about 6 months after he started to mentor me *rofl* and the second memroble was Carrain who was also the mentor of my Aiel Character on the RP side, which is why I got to know her better.

Now, when Soraya decided to retire as ajah head I was just before getting raised to an Aes Sedai (if memory serves me right). All the other yellows kind of disappeared at that moment and honestly...I was the only one around to take the position *LOL* So my talent and presence, persay, wasn't the reason I got the ajah head position. But i'd like to think that it's why I kept the position for so long.

Demi: Well, all i'm saying is that they probably kept you around for something. *wonders about how it would be to be the only one in the ajah*

Anyhow, please share with me some information about the yellow sitters, who, how, when, and pherhaps why!

Nyn: Well, in the beginning it was only I, myself and me in the ajah *L*

So as I started to gain some members, the ones who reached Aes Sedai first were the ones I chose as Sitters. Later on when I actually had people to choose from i've reached the decision that the title of Sitter shouldn't be given to three specific people permanantly. Sitter is a title that is given to the worthy members that can give me ideas, contribue in projects and generally just give me a hand. And if I look closely at my members, they all match the description and they help me out with or without a title. So, when it's time to name my sitters, I choose three different people each time. I give each an oppurtunity. At least no one can claim i'm not fair *smiles*

Demi: Sounds like a pretty fair system, at least it makes sure no one gets left out *nods* Now to make it to Aes Sedai... Ah well, now, I'm sure our most honoured audience would like to know something about this ajah's history, any important events or something much like it, might you share your wisdom?

Nyn: The yellow ajah wasn't always the snuggliest warmest fuzziest ajah, even if it might come as a shock. I mean, in the end, what shapes the ajah are the members. And in the beginning half my members were from SG as well. Trollocs. And we had from time to time a week where the Yellows, or rather the Trollocs had a Trolloc week on the yellow board. So it was the yellows more evil phase, so to speak. Then as new members started to join, we entered a new phase that I kind of created. The yellow ajah was the royal ajah. I was the Yellow Queenie. My warder at the time, Aric, was the king and each aspie that joined our ajah was granted a title. There were the princessess, princes, counts, countessess, lords.... And my aspies seemed to really love those titles. Gives one a sense of property *L* those were good times. But then, Will came along *lol*

And with him and all the aspies he attracted, most of them being his own mintees, started the era of the huggling. The Yellow ajah became the love ajah. The fluffy feathery sickingly cute Ajah and it remaind in the same fashion till now. Although we had some recent addition of SG blood so it's a little more mixed now, which I approve of. It's best to have different people with different tastes. It spices things up.

Demi: Myes, i can feel the trollock blood flowing through my veins as we speak. Wuite tickly acutally now that i think of it. *long moment of silence* Now what the entire audience has been waiting for, tell us about yourself! What goes on inside the head of Nynaeve, what makes an ajah head tick?

Nyn: Bring me some brownies and i'll probably do you bidding, my friend *LOL*

But seriously, I'm sure I haven't been the greatest ajah head in the world. Especially since I was caught up in the army for the last two years. Making me tick is complicated *g* Now that i'm released, though, I hope to get things going again. I promise i'll try, at least. But my members have managed quite well without my constant supervision which really makes me feel good. The most important thing to me is that yes, we might be a smaller gourp, compared to other ajahs but we are so close knit. I know each and every member I have and they know exactly what i'm about. And like some of my members have said, in a way, we are a family and we can count on each other for support. We share bad things and good things alike. So mainly, you'll always have someone there that will listen to you and give you his or her honest opinion. That's what friends are for and that is what the Yellow Ajah is all about. And really DM as whole.

Demi: Excellent, how about some applause for the yellow ajah head?

*audience is heard applauding*

Demi: There we go, well thank you very much for taking the time to do this, and may the force be with you!

*Demi and nyn are seen teleporting back to Klingon 5*

Researcher: Demigod, with help from Nyneave

History of the White Ajah

The original Head of the White Ajah was Chissa Sedai. Leaders since Chissa resigned include Dazzle, Lylana, Eilonwy, Luthien, and the current Head, Jeran Sedai. The current Sitters in the White Ajah are Dwynwen Sedai and Tiren Sedai. Other current white sisters include Lylana, Deira, Talhonjik, and Azelle.

The mascot of the white ajah is the unicorn currently, but has been the sheep in the past. The weapon of choice for the ajah is an ice pick. The sisters reside in the Crystal Castle, in the midst of the Forbidden Forest. In the summer, when the castle of ice melts, the sisters move into their Lego Summer House.

Logic puzzles; discussions of philisophical topics, poems, and quotations; and snow fort battles are just a few things that white sisters enjoy. They have hosted logic puzzle and snowflake making contests. The White Ajah Journal is currently making its way around the world, with sisters contributing at each stop by writing a little about themselves, and including pictures. During their White Ajah Winter Festival Week, they held a Snow Ball, where they crowned a Snow King (F Horn of Valere) and Snow Queen (Madjordanfan). Community Service months found the white sisters typically helping animals.

I would like to thank Mother Kathana Sedai, Jeran Sedai, Dwynwen Sedai, and Lylana Sedai, for their prompt and thorough answers to my inquiries.

Researcher: Angyl

History of the Guild

People interviewed :

- Esteban as Sword Captain

- Kynwric as Master of Arms

- Kathana Sedai as Amyrlin seat

Introduction

The Dragonmount website as been created by Jason. It’s was thanks to him that the white tower was created and the guild.

Kathana Sedai has been Amyrlin from the beginning, as Esteban has been the only Sword Captain.

The Sword Captain tasks are the same as the ones of ajah’s heads. It involves to watch the guild boards and the members.

The Master at arms tasks are the same as the ones of the MoN but centered not on novices and accepted but on algais and mashimas.

The discovery of the DM site and the tasks linked to it

Kathana

Kathana discovered the DM boards in the fall of 1998 a few weeks after it opened. At the time, our Amyrlin has started her WT life as a young and distractable brown sister on another website. But after some weeks, she was contacted by Jason who told her about DM, which she checked. DM was two weeks old at that time.

When Dragonmount opened, there were originally five Orgs. White Tower, Black Tower, Shayol Ghul, Wolfkin and Children of the Light. Jason had recruited people he knew from other forums or online groups to lead them. In a first time, he had asked someone called Julia to be the Amyrlin of the White Tower.

However a few weeks before the site opened to the public, she changed her mind. The site opened on schedule without an Amyrlin. The first month or so the site was up, Jason's biggest priority was finding an Amyrlin. He really wanted the White Tower Org to play a major role at Dragonmount, so he was being very picky about who he selected.

Kathana, having no idea what she was getting herself into, applied on a lark. She thought it would be a nice diversion for a few months. Indeend she thought the site wouldn't last longer than a year anyways thinking people get bored easily on the internet and she had already seen many good ideas abandoned after the founders got bored.

Anyways, after a few rounds of interviews and the like, Jason finally appointed Kathana to be the Amyrlin Seat of Dragonmount.com, a position she has now held for a little over seven years. This makes her the longest serving Amyrlin Seat of any WoT community.

Estaban

E actually found the site when I attended Dragon-Con in 2001. Dragon-Con is a huge Science Fiction/Fantasy convention in Atlanta, Georgia. He met there a few people at the Wheel of Time room and saw immediately that everyone knew each other.

He met Kathana there and asked her how everyone knew each other and she told me that most of them were members of an online community at Dragonmount.com. So Esteban joined the day after Dragon-Con. He’s been in it ever since.

(Just for reference, Estaban ‘s said that Dragon-Con's are held the first weekend of September or Labor Day weekend each year.)

When Estaban first joined, it was to the RP side and he joined the Black Tower. I found that wasn't a good fit for him so I joined the Warders on the RP side.

He got all the way up to Tower Guard before the next Dragon-Con. Back at this time when you joined the site, you joined both the community and the RP side.

So he did hold rank one the community side. During the next year he started college so couldn't do the elaborate RP posts he used to do. He even went inactive for most of the next year, this was 2003.

During the next Dragon-Con, Kathana asked him if I would like to head the Warders on the community side. Esteban agreed : “Little did I know what I was getting into†did he tell me !

Kynwric

Kynwric found Dragonmount sometime in 2002. He was looking for information on Jordan's release dates for the Wheel of Time and found it on the site. He kept coming back to it so he decided to actually explore it some and joined up in November of 2003

Events

For the special events in the guild life, here are some choosen ones.

Bad one

A big contentious period, org wide at least, happened at the closing of the Off-Site Age of Legends boards. Those boards were where the members were before returning all the Ajahs and such to Dragonmount. It seems that some guid members still miss those boards.

Esteban told me this : “ Some warders were a little upset at Kathana for not allowing any RP on the community side of DM. So some of them started a another site in addition to our duties here. After a few months though that site exploded into alot of drama and choosing sides which some people couldn't keep from coming to this site. That caused alot of bad blood that still exists todayâ€.

Nices one

Kynwric recalls : “Let's see, for St. Patty's Day week of 2004 there was a week where called swap week, several of the Ajah's each hosted a themed party, as I recall the Yellow, Red, White, Green and Warders where in on it. For the week the various 'Head' positions were filled by Aspirants and the Heads were returned back to Aspiranthood. That was a fun week.â€

Last ones

After the break of DM board, the community was sent to another website, with the colours of indiana jones. At that time, the last MoN, Taya gave her title up. Indeed it had become impossible for her to achieve every MoN tasks. So, Kynwric took some part of her job while the researches for another MoN. As Lor is now choosen, eveything has come back to normal.

This is from my point of view, I'm sure other people can add in information that I didn't either remember or didn't know about.

The Warder's Guild History by Matalina

I only joined Dragonmount in January of 1999. Three months after the start of the site so what When the Warders Org was actually started I really can't say. But the Master at Arms was Elron Grendal. I think that's how you spell his last name. They had a few members, and there was actually alot of cross Org members because of the bond.

When I first joined the RP hadn't really gotten off the ground yet, but it slowly came to fruit there after. However bonding was a popular thing and you could bond anyone from any org if you were an Aes Sedai. Unlike today's bond where anyone can bond anyone (which I'm not sure is widely known.)

Shortly after I joined I asked Jason if I could be of any assistance with the site, being a very amateur web designer. He asked me to do the Warder's site and I agreed. Shortly there after Ben T-Gaidin stepped in as Master at Arms. He had a long standing reign as Org Leader and Master at Arms. I couldn't tell you how long.

When you first joined the Warders you were automatically a full member of the org. But that quickly changed after we saw an influx of people bond and then leave. Which by then was bad for the RP and for established friendships. This was around the time of the first Breaking. The White Tower was starting to implement the idea of Novice Accepted and Aes Sedai were you had to do requirements to attain each level. So we followed suit.

It took several months for this transition to be written up fully. Andrew aka Souvan al'Ker/Reikan Souvan helped with these requirements and actually alot of information you could find on the Warder's website. Some of this information has been proliferated around other wheel of time sites thanks to his work. As a site note, the information he created has been changed since it's original inception but I'm sure I have it all stored somewhere safely.

There was a group of dedicated Wards (as they were called at this time). The base level before you were allowed to bond. There were several grueling classes you had to go through before you could pass into the privledge to bond. But they waited for along time having lots of fun as Wards.

sometime after we started this I took over as Org Leader and Master at Arms, bringing up some of these new wards into some higher positions because of their dedication. Radzynne Thoren became our first Mistress of Wards. Her duties were similar to that of what the Mistress of Novices was.

We had a long hard run as an Org and we were strong throughout DM until the split between the Community and the RP happened. I stayed on as Org Leader and the current RP Coordinator Alin took over as Division Leader. Try as I might the Warders could not pick up after this split. It also happened while I was busy in my first full time job and the stress between work and lack of participation by the org was getting to me. So I spoke with Kathana about the dissolving of the Org into the White Tower. I didn't feel that even another org leader could bring the vitality needed to restore the Warders to it's former glory, and merging with the White Tower would at least put the Org with in it's rightful place with the Aes Sedai. Kathana asked me if I wanted the "ajah head" job and I declined, I was done for the time being. Though I did stay around for a while as Estaban got things going and then left for a while to tend other things.

That's a good start, everyone! It looks like we need to add in a part about Keeper history, update the Blue members list, and clean up some of the grammar and spelling (e.g. Deiria's name is spelled wrong in the White post).

I really enjoyed reading this; it was quite informative.

Matalina said:

This is from my point of view, I'm sure other people can add in information that I didn't either remember or didn't know about.

I'll add in a few comments to fill some stuff in. (Send me a PM some time, or something - I'll dig up some of the old files I have, too, since this is just a quick off-the-cuff fill-in.)

The Warder's Guild History by Matalina

I only joined Dragonmount in January of 1999. Three months after the start of the site so what When the Warders Org was actually started I really can't say. But the Master at Arms was Elron Grendal. I think that's how you spell his last name. They had a few members, and there was actually alot of cross Org members because of the bond.

The Warders Org began at about the same time as the rest of Dragonmount - when Jason posted on the WoT.com message boards advertising his new site, I'd sent him an email asking if he intended Warders to be part of the White Tower, or if they'd be a separate organization. He sent back a reply saying that a few people had asked him that, and that we could have our own Org. The initial Warders were Elron, myself, and... err... the third warder's name escapes me. *grins* Elron got to be Master of Arms, because he'd been the first one to email Jason about the Warders.

At the time, the Warders were a fairly small Org. Of course, at that point we really only had the three big Orgs with their own boards (White Tower, Black Tower, and Shayol Ghul), plus General Discussion. I believe the Aiel were there, but small as well, and the Band, and a few others. Being a warder was popular, of course, but the actual membership was relatively small since many Aes Sedai bonded Black Tower members, which didn't count towards our numbers.

When I first joined the RP hadn't really gotten off the ground yet, but it slowly came to fruit there after. However bonding was a popular thing and you could bond anyone from any org if you were an Aes Sedai. Unlike today's bond where anyone can bond anyone (which I'm not sure is widely known.)

I think I became Master of Arms shortly after Matalina joined; early February of '99, if I recall correctly. Elron had been unable to be consistantly around the site, and so Phoenix (as Jason was known in those days) asked me to take over for him. There was a sort-of RP going on, but it wasn't a structured thing - essentially, your character was yourself (however you chose to portray yourself) as a member of the Org you belonged to, and you could do whatever you want, by visiting and posting on the boards. Since at that point we pretty much had just the boards listed above, most of the action took place either in the White or Black Towers, although raids and tauntings on Shayol Ghul weren't uncommon either (and of course, they returned the favor).

Because there wasn't any real structure to the RP, large portions of the "history" of those days came from the Silly Stories written by the members, the events in the stories being incorporated (or not) into various RPs as people chose. (So for example, Ender wrote RPs back and forth with Narell and Francesca that ended up with him bonding Narell - and then from one of Kathana's Silly Stories, it was discovered that the Reds adapted to this development by wearing filmy dresses and feeding him grapes; the Reds liked this idea, and thus it was so.)

Shortly after I joined I asked Jason if I could be of any assistance with the site, being a very amateur web designer. He asked me to do the Warder's site and I agreed. Shortly there after Ben T-Gaidin stepped in as Master at Arms. He had a long standing reign as Org Leader and Master at Arms. I couldn't tell you how long.

Yeah, that was about when I took over. Shortly after this was one of the first large-scale RP events that _wasn't_ a Silly Story, or something that had been RP'd by people in a chat room or over various IM services - the Chosen organized a full-blown attack on the White Tower: Blackthorne was revealed as a DF plant within the ranks of the Aes Sedai, the Warders turned out to repel shadowspawn from the walls of the city, and Aes Sedai fought Dreadlords in the halls of the Tower itself. Oh, and in an unrelated plot, Kathana was kidnapped by Sathinar - a pigeon-eating madman - and some Aes Sedai (with assistance from their various bonded partners, not all Warders) had to rescue her. The Hall of the Tower quickly seized the opportunity to attempt to replace Kathana, but alas, she took back her Seat when she returned. *grins*

When you first joined the Warders you were automatically a full member of the org. But that quickly changed after we saw an influx of people bond and then leave. Which by then was bad for the RP and for established friendships. This was around the time of the first Breaking. The White Tower was starting to implement the idea of Novice Accepted and Aes Sedai were you had to do requirements to attain each level. So we followed suit.

The first Breaking was another large RP event (because everything was; there wasn't really any split between "OOC" events and "RP" events) where Phoenix (Jason) decided that he wanted to fix some things, and what better way to do that then to sweep the slate clean and start over? *grins* Accordingly, he recruited Ender to go mad, staged a counter-assault on Shayol Ghul itself, and then replaced all the graphics and layouts around the site with twisted, shattered versions of what had been there before. He also broke all Bonds between Aes Sedai and their bonded (this was before we knew about Asha'man bonding, so they were usually only bonded reciprocally with an Aes Sedai) - a great blow to the Warder Organization, but we persevered, and reformed ourselves when the dust settled.

It was after this that Phoenix (Jason) decided that the RP could use some structure, and so he recruited three anonymous Incarnations - Saidar (Serafelle Sedai), Saidin (myself), and the Dark One (Blackthorne) - to develop rules for the RP. It was decided that the first basic step would be to require everyone to write out a biography of their character, and submit it for approval before they could RP; in this way we could prevent the RP from being overrun by "Nynaeve-strength wolfsister channelers who had run away from the Aiel as a child" (you wouldn't believe how many of those we saw), as well as things like "HUNTER - avatar of a third power equal to the Creator and the Dark One." Along with this, many Orgs decided to have new members go through some form of training before they gained full rank in the Org, so that they'd have time to acclimate to the RP and meet more people - the White Tower introduced Novices and Accepted, and prospective Warders now started out as Wards. One of the benefits to the Warders from the RP structure was that all members bonding to an Aes Sedai were required to be a member of the Warders Org (or at least get permission from them) which helped increase our membership.

It took several months for this transition to be written up fully. Andrew aka Souvan al'Ker/Reikan Souvan helped with these requirements and actually alot of information you could find on the Warder's website. Some of this information has been proliferated around other wheel of time sites thanks to his work. As a site note, the information he created has been changed since it's original inception but I'm sure I have it all stored somewhere safely.

Yeah, it did take a while for all of this transition to happen, and Souvan was a great help in setting up the training structure for the Warders. (He got to be an Incarnation at one point too - the Incarns went through some various fluxs as different methods of running the RP were tried.)

There was a group of dedicated Wards (as they were called at this time). The base level before you were allowed to bond. There were several grueling classes you had to go through before you could pass into the privledge to bond. But they waited for along time having lots of fun as Wards.

This was when the traditions of pranking for Novices/Accepted and Wards came about - because the new members of the Org weren't allowed to RP out in the rest of the world (having to stay on their own boards, for the most part) one of their frequent passtimes between classes as to plot and carry out pranks on fellow students, Aes Sedai, Warders, or whomever else happened to pass within their reach.

sometime after we started this I took over as Org Leader and Master at Arms, bringing up some of these new wards into some higher positions because of their dedication. Radzynne Thoren became our first Mistress of Wards. Her duties were similar to that of what the Mistress of Novices was.

I think I turned things over to Matalina in the spring of 2001, does that sound about right? Although it should be noted that I'd already been turning over more and more of the running of the Org to members such as Matalina, Radzynne, and Souvan at this point, so it was more of formalizing what had already happened than a change of leadership.

We had a long hard run as an Org and we were strong throughout DM until the split between the Community and the RP happened. I stayed on as Org Leader and the current RP Coordinator Alin took over as Division Leader. Try as I might the Warders could not pick up after this split. It also happened while I was busy in my first full time job and the stress between work and lack of participation by the org was getting to me. So I spoke with Kathana about the dissolving of the Org into the White Tower. I didn't feel that even another org leader could bring the vitality needed to restore the Warders to it's former glory, and merging with the White Tower would at least put the Org with in it's rightful place with the Aes Sedai. Kathana asked me if I wanted the "ajah head" job and I declined, I was done for the time being. Though I did stay around for a while as Estaban got things going and then left for a while to tend other things.

The RP/OOC split was hard on a lot of Orgs, because of the way DM had been run up until that point. For the Warders (and a lot of Orgs), when you joined, you automatically had a character in that Org in the RP - you could choose not to create one if you liked, but for many people, the _point_ of joining an Organization (as opposed to just hanging out on the General Discussion board) was to play in the RP - apart from the White Tower, which was huge and so had enough members to generate significant OOC conversation on its own boards, most Org members who wanted to chat about OOC Wheel of Time matters did so by going over to the General Discussion board and talking there. While you could "advance" in an Org that you had joined by doing OOC work, the only real reason to do so would be for the improved RP rank that you would gain, which included the ability to be Bonded to another member of the site, for the Warders.

When the RP/OOC split happened, then, there was little reason to be an OOC Warder, since the most active members had generally been there for the RPing. We were all loyal to the Warders, and most joined up with the new Warder Org, but we weren't active enough to help Matalina carry the Org along without the spur of RP activity to keep us going. The joining to the White Tower Org was a good thing at that point, because it gave us more people to talk to in "our" Org, as well as a lot more recognition from the White Tower Org members (who then, as now, were the driving force on the OOC side, among those aligned with the Orgs).

And then I've been away for much of the time since then, so Esteban and Segurant would be your best people to quiz for the rest of that history.

Archived