DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Madame Blavatsky's Masquerade Ball

poetstorm

Welcome to the White Tower Halloween Masquerade Ball! We have some wonderful refreshments for you as well as a live band. I hope you all have a won…*stops talking as the lights begin to flicker in the room and then suddenly go out*

What the…. OK Someone check with the tower electricians! I bet someone let the monkeys into the maintenance rooms again. *sighs* It’ll be up in just a second folks.

*the room begins to tremble, and the chandeliers begin swaying*

bath_ballroom_from_jane_austen_novels_p-copy.jpg

Um, OK, everyone hang tight. It’s probably nothing. *facepalms and mutters to herself* Of course. This just HAS to happen on my first time running a White Tower ball!

*suddenly, all of the candles all over the room burst into flickering flame and a whispering voice can be heard…*

Flickering_Candle_Lights.jpg

candlelit.jpg

Cast the shadows and part the veil

Let the wand’ring spirits wail

Gather ye forces one by one

On either side it has begun

*the ephemeral image of a woman wielding a crystal ball shimmers into existence in the center of the floor*

Fortune-teller.jpg

Arise, ye spirits of dark and light

Arise! I call you here to fight

The ballroom, your battlefield

To see which side will ever yield

I, Madame Blavatsky command you!

*ghostly forms pour into the room from every crevice, seeking out one person each to possess as the woman lowers her crystal ball and the mist settles.*

HauntedBallroom3.jpg

Welcome heroes and villains, ghoulies, ghosts, monsters and warriors! Long have I awaited this chance which has been given to me. It is the epic time old question. I have called you here to see who will be victorious, the forces of good, or the forces of evil. Know this. This room is cursed. None of you may leave until your true identity has been guessed! Guess smartly my pretties, your fates may depend on it…

OK, Here are the rules for the ball:

1. There are two main factions, Good and Evil. You may only guess the identity of a player in an opposite faction. Each correct guess gives your side points.

2. Each of you has a counterpart on the opposing faction based on your character. If you correctly find and guess your counterpart you will earn double points. There are a small few whose roles are a bit different but you know who you are and what you can do via PM. :D

3. Guesses should be made in thread. Just clearly say the person’s DM handle, and what character you think they are playing. Either they will confirm it or I will, depending on who gets to your guess first. Once your character has been correctly guessed, you are out of the game and may not guess anyone else.

4. Play your character to the best of your ability, but don’t give it away too quickly as once you’re discovered, you’re out of the game. And please be active in the thread. We can’t guess you if you don’t post!

5. Have fun! Eat, drink, dance, be merry! And no killing anyone for now. I haven’t paid my insurance premium on the ballroom yet. :D

OK! Here are the characters you're dealing with. Don't be afraid to ask questions of the other players and interact. :D

Addams Damily

Morticia Addams - Good - Ahmoondah - Guesed by Turin

Debbie Jellinsky - Evil - Sakaea

Jekyll & Hyde

Dr. Jekyll - Good - Ledinna - revealed with Mr. Hyde as a package deal

Mr. Hyde - EVIL - Turin - guessed by Crimson Ayla

Halloween

Dr. Sam Loomis - GOOD - Rasheta

Michael Meyers - Evil - Millon - Guessed by Ahmoondah

Ghostbusters

Peter Venkman - Good - Volke - Guessed by Turin

Gozer the Gozerian - Evil - Kathleen

Gatekeeper - Neutral - Ferreira

Keymaster - Neutral - Rekinu - guessed by Turin

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Buffy - Good - Crimson

Lothos - Evil - Fnorrll

Van Helsing:

Van Helsing - Good - Nyanna - Guessed by Rhea

Dracula - Evil - Aiel Heart - Guessed by Niobe

Nightmare on Elm Street

Alice Johnson - Good - Leelou - guessed by Turin

Freddy Krueger - Evil - Song

Poltergeist

Henry Kane - Evil - Rhea - guessed by Niobe

Carol Anne - Good Niobe - guessed by Sakaea

Guesses:

Total successful guesses by the Good faction: 4

Total successful guesses from the Evil faction: 6

Guesses by player:

Turin - 4

Niobe - 2

Sakaea - 1

Rhea - 1

Crimson - 1

Ahmoondah - 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferreira slips into the ballroom in a dark red dress, struggling not to trip in her high heel shoes. Why didn't I just wear flats? she asked herself for the umpteenth time that evening. Hoping that no one would notice anyway, she makes her way towards the gathering crowd of her fellow ghost-possessed companions.

Hello everybody! Nice to see we're all having a groovy time. Someone feel like dancing?

*Aiel Heart stands in the fog outside, looking down at invitation to make sure this is the right place. Satisfied that this is indeed the location of the ball, she leaves the fogs behind and enters the grand manor, and nods graciously to those already there*

Turin wonders why Leelou did not answer, Oh well, I will just get a sampling and let her pick, goes to the bar and get several drinks.

Leelou, what would you like? I have an assortment. Margarita, Mojito, Daquiri, all Raspberry. Or if you want straight liquor we've got JD, Cuervo, Absolut, Glenlivet and some Bacardi. Take what you like.

Leelou was tired from many nights of fighting dreams, she didn't even realize that Turin had asked her what she had wanted. She looked up at the sampling of drinks noticing they were all raspberry. Smiling, she picked her favorite.

You are always so thoughtful Turin, I'll take the Raspberry Margarita for now. Are you having fun at the ball?

Archived