DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Haunted Mansion - The Gateway to Halloween at the WT and WG

hauntedhousebanner.gif

It was midnight. The air was still. There had been noises in the night of things moving. The Gaidins' senses were on high alert, and the Aes Sedai felt something like ripples moving along the pattern. No-one had slept. Something was very wrong.

Looking out of her window ... Ithillian saw something forming in the Tower's Courtyard. Made of light and shadows, it was difficult to see exactly what it was becoming. There were un-natural sounds of wailing, moaning, screams and howling and then .... silence. The something suddenly retracted into a tiny point of darkness. It was like the world was holding its breath.

EXPLOSIONLOOP.gif

Suddenly, the light returned and expanded. It became so bright it hurt to look at it. She hastily covered her eyes and waited. When the darkness returned, it had brought something else along.

haunted_mansion1.jpg

She grabbed a robe and went to investigate, no doubt the Warders and Aes Sedai were already on their way. She probably shouldn't go anywhere near it - but she had ever been ruled by curiosity. Luckily she wasn't a cat.

As she approached the building, the door slowly opened - what now? Should she go inside?

hauntedmansiondoor1.jpg

There was still no-one else about. She continued forward - took a deep breath and entered.

There seemed to no-one inside, but she had a bad feeling that she was being watched. She slowly walked forward unti she was standing within a grand hallway. She saw many doors that led to who knows where. Again, it was no doubt an incredibly bad idea, but what harm could come of trying just a few of those doors maybe ...

Please be aware that these links will become active as the Threads go up. Be patient ...

Main WT Board

Professor Snape's Potion Class - Available

Madame Blavatsky's Masquerade Ball - Closed - Winner ~Turin~

The Hang Man's Horror - Wheel of Misfortune Game - Closed- Winner ~ AH ~

The Gallery - Closed

Warders Guild

Will you survive the Zombiepocageddon? - Closed

Horror and Zombie Video Game Discussion - Closed

Blue Ajah

Professor Trelawney's Tea Leaf Reading - Closed

Alphabetty Spell Casting Competition - Closed - Winners ~ Despo & Key!~

Brown Ajah

Oh no! Not another scary story - Closed - Winners ~Ithi & Despo~

Favourite Horror Movies and Books - Available

Green Ajah

Battle of the Monsters - Available but almost over ...

Ghost Hunting - Closed - Winner ~ Kathleen~

Grey Ajah

Halloween Costumes - Available

Halloween Recipes Competition

Red Ajah

The Vampires Lair - Available

The Role of Women in Horror Movies - Available

White Ajah

The Labyrinth Riddle Guessing Game - Closed _ Winners ~Ayla & Ithi~

Phobias - A Discussion - Available

Yellow Ajah

Traditional Protections - Available

As she moved down the Hall, she heard footsteps approaching, perhaps this place wasn't as empty as it seemed ...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhhh, I thought I heard a vithitor. Welcome to our humble abode. We liked thith plathe tho much we thought we would remain here a little longer, but that meant we needed thomewhere to thtay. We couldn't keep cluttering up your introducthion boardth forever.

Now, do come in and have a good look around. There ith tho much to thee here, or at leatht there will be ... half of the exthitment ith in the antithipation I have alwayth thought.

I'm thure my other compatriath will be along thortly to make thure you feel ath welcome in our Home ath you all made uth feel in yourth.

Come one, come all the the White Tower and Warderth Guild Grand Halloween Event!

3petMonster2.gif

Hahaha Hello Igor. I guess I should have know that you would be first to arrive. It's almost as if you were waiting .... I do love your place. I will admit to being a little apprehensive - but now that I know that it's just you it's perfectly fine. Rather you than Dracula ... I may have to purchase a scarf I think.

I wonder where everyone else is?

*goes to explore some more and doesn't see that something has fallen out of her bag*

Potion-mermaidstears.gif

*a bat flies onto the scene suddenly and in a puff of smoke Dracula walks into the room. He flourishes his cape, and beckons Igor to him*

Please tell me you've already offered our guest a drink. I'll have my usual. And no lip, or lisp for that matter. The flight over vas a headache.

Vhy hello there, Ithillian. It appears ve have already made acquaintance with one another. Vhat brings you here?

*Dracula waves his hand, and all of the doors around the chamber close shut. He grins lasciviously at the lone Accepted*

Oh dear :ohmy:

This was not what I intended to happen.

*backs away slowly*

Why - erm hello Mr Dracula. I'm just having a quick look around this place. I have a very curious nature you see, I couldn't help myself. Don't worry about a drink - I'm really not that thirsty.

*puts hands to neck*

*a whisper stirs the hair of Ithillian's right ear*

You are a long way from home little one. There is a darkness in this place. Some would say MAAADNESSS HAHAHAHAAAAAA!

*a gentle touch brushes her shoulder from the other side*

Enjoy yourself my dear.

*you hear footsteps along the side of the main stair well and a door opens and closes of it's own*

*sigh*

Vat vill I do vith that man...

*walks down the corridor towards the main hall, where her husband ball-and-chain was already entertaining the first guests*

Hrmph.

*gets close to the corridor entrance when...*

*Dracula waves his hand, and all of the doors around the chamber close shut.*

O.O

:dry:

*throws open the door and stalks over to Drac pinches him hard in the ribs, under the pretense of lovingly touching his arm*

I see you are already entertaining guests, dear.

*eyes of fire for her love change to a much more calm sense of mania as she turns towards the guests, particularly the male*

May I please show you around? He *cuts eyes at her husband* vill not mind.

*whispers to the man while Drac ogles the terrified female*

I vill even let you keep the stake if you promise to use it visely. :wink:

I tho thorry Marthter please forgive me. You probably thould forgo any extra curricular entertainment here, I think I heard your wife arriving ....

Ahhh Mithtreth. You look divine ath alwayth.

Allow me to offer refrethmenth. I have opened a brand new and untouched vintage ethpethially for the occathion.

*holds out tray of glasses containing a rich burgandy liquid*

Oh here ve go. Please do your best to ignore her, everyone. Eventually she vill get the hint and take her new boy toy off to play somewhere.

Now. Vhere vas I. Ah yes, I was going to show you a tour. IGOR!!! Get a torch for us, and a stick to beat away some of the ... less successful experiments throughout the house. My lady, after you

Dracula makes a sweeping gesture with his hand, while at the same time captivating the gaze of the curious young Accepted. The power he was exerting over her was far more subtle and sinister than weaves of Compulsion

Giggity.

*The Bride of Dracula's gaze breaks Dracula's hold over Reyoru*

*Rey starts walking slowly towards her, his eyes unfocused*

*Suddenly stops*

I'd gladly go with you... but I'm afraid my staple food is garlic. Unless you will be supplying it, I guess I'll have to stay put :biggrin:

Poetstorm, vhy don't you join us on our tour? I can show you how realistic my costume is

images1-1.jpg

How could I possibly resist a tour of this wonderfully eerie house. Lead on Mr., Vlad. ^-^

*swoops in*

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO ALLL!!!!

*floats around carrying a glass of wine*

HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, now this is a woman that truly appreciates sound. ^-^ Helloo there. :D

*comes back with lanterns for everyone for the tour* I see some new guests have arrived...and they haven't run screaming yet. You are brave souls. Perhaps we can become friends.

*carefully takes a lantern and looks up...and up* Thanks. You're a tall one aren't you. :D I don't quite plan on running anywhere...yet. ^-^

Oh here ve go. Please do your best to ignore her, everyone. Eventually she vill get the hint and take her new boy toy off to play somewhere.

Now. Vhere vas I. Ah yes, I was going to show you a tour. IGOR!!! Get a torch for us, and a stick to beat away some of the ... less successful experiments throughout the house. My lady, after you

Dracula makes a sweeping gesture with his hand, while at the same time captivating the gaze of the curious young Accepted. The power he was exerting over her was far more subtle and sinister than weaves of Compulsion

:blush:

Ithi found herself strangely drawn towards this charismatic stranger. Almost of their own accord - her feet began movinf towards him. His gaze should have completely un-nerved her - but she felt no fear at all.

*spots Ithi near a few others and runs over* Hey Ithi! Weird place huh? *finally sees everyone else and gulps* Um, really nice Halloween costumes. You guys look so real! ^-^

Ithi stopped suddenly, as she heard her name being called. What on earth was she doing? Vampires were BAD NEWS!

Hiya Poet? Yeah, I was just having a look around. I really don't recommend you go anywhere with him. I'm pretty sure he can't be trusted at all - and I don't think that is wine he is drinking.

*Slowly enters the hall and see's Ithi and Poet surrounded by strange people. Or are they people?*

Oh hey...Frank! I'll take one of those lanterns. It's a little...uh...dark in here!

Where's the wine?

***stares from around the corner, at the entrance, not sure what a novice like her is doing outside but this house seems to attract her attention and she cant fight the urge to investigate. She sees Ithi and a few other people so runs over to them**

hey everyone! I see Im not the only one attracted to this house!

**She then realizes that she is not alone with her fellow members of the WT and spots the different creatures lurking**

Oh my! you all startled me! **looks around nervously and wishes she wasnt just a novice**

Ohhhhh ..... hello beautiful ladieth. Would you care for thome refrethmenth? I am Igor, the debonair and wealthy owner of thith marvellouth plathe. What bringth you to our dark abode?

Do any of you have a needle - I think my left finger is about to fall off?

Archived