DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Olver is Gaidal Cain

Gambit9638

Here is the brief summary of why it doesn't work:

Time may flow at different speeds in Tel'aran'rhiod (dreamland), but it only flows forward. Obviously, the passing of time in the "real world" is consistent.

When Nynaeve saw Gaidal in TAR, that was a fixed moment in time. In the real world, she was in Tanchico at the time. This is roughly the same time that Rand told the Aiel of thier past which cause the Shaido to flip out. The Shaido killed Olver's family after this point.

So at most maybe a couple months past, but not the seven or eight years to account for Olver's age when we first meet him.

Edit: For Olver to be Gaidal, Nynaeve couldn't have seen Gaidal when she did because he would have been spun out already since Olver was born years earlier.

This is THE definition of a troll topic, the "I don't have time to explain right now I'll do it later" and then bailing on the topic is a classic move.

Even if it wasn't intentional, these topics do get annoying. We should have a sticky at the top of the page that covers the common FAQs and thoughts.

Gambit96/38.

Don't feel put down by the responses, but the snowed in participants on this site has turned the books inside out. They have read it from them back to cover, and pondered every conceivable possiblities there are.

I have myself put forth what I thought was original ideas only to have them chewed to pieces by these ravenous bunch of fan(atic)s and enthusiasts. :)

So come up with a new original take on a situation, check the earlier posts, post it and be a member of an incredibly dynamic, slightly disturbed bunch of wonderful people.

For anyone who's taken offence from this, I was only kidding about the part that you thought was offensive.

Archived