DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

been lurkin'

kght22

i've been lurking on this site for years, and finally made an account. i used to be word on wotmania, i doubt i was ever noticed on there, even though i posted more that once a theory that rand would break down and cry when he saw his father again (i was off but not that far heh) but i decided to make an account due to a post over on the memory non spoiler concerning perrin and fain. i happen to disagree with them that perrin couldn't kill fain outside the unseen world. perrin has the most powerful power wrought weapon that has been created since the breaking of the world, and the fact of being ta'veren working for him. i suppose i should have made an account earlier, i've felt an impulse to post on many other occasions. but with the last book coming around 6 months from now, i figured now was a decent enough time, and i just found ignoring the power of the hammer enough of a mistake that i had to post.

Well we are glad to have you and hope that you stick around. You seem like you will be very involved in the general discussion part of dm. There are also social groups (which I am in 7 of :P so you can ask me any questions you have about those) and rp boards (see Nyneave (the redhead naughty bunny not Nyneave Sedai) for more info about those.

So I assume you've read all of the books then? Which characters and parts are your favorites?

Welcome to dm!!!!!!!!!!

i have read all the books, a few of my favorite scenes would include the cleansing, the battle at emond's field, the crystal pillars in rhuidean, and really many others. the series is just far too epic to single things out like that. rand at the start of the dragon reborn in the canyon talking to mat, trying to come to terms with what he is, seriously epic. or mat near the end of the shadow rising trying to walk away, but instead becoming the man who killed couladin. eqwene withstanding elaida's lashings calmly while sitters of every other ajah witness it. loial gaining his adulthood, finding his voice. moiraine's little trick to ensure that she has a chance to be at the last battle, by sending the man that she knows she will marry away.

i've been reading these books since 1995, and even if the next that comes out is the very last i will likely continue to read them for the rest of my life. i have directly read the paper version of the books between 3 and 10 times each, depending on the book. i have heard the audio book version of the books up to 11 more times than i can count.

and the most awesome thing to me about it is, if it hadn't been for the prologue in teotw, i likely wouldn't have ever gone past the half way point in that first book. that prologue was just so epic i stuck with the first book just to try to figure out what that insanity was all about, and while the first book hardly answered the question, the book picked up in intensity enough to entice me to go after number two, and through the whole series it has been building up to that level of intensity, and at the same time making that prologue even more intense in retrospect.

oh, and i don't have a favorite character, or a least favorite. i take the story, the characters are just a part of it. the only real reason's i've seen for anyone liking to disliking a character is because they like or dislike the way the character is written. but its the writer's story to tell. i might dislike a character on a personal level because i disagree with them, or like a character because i agree with them, but that doesn't make that character a favorite, you can also love a character that you hate. but if i were to try to say favorite or least favorite based on that, i would have to say i hate all of the aes sedai, because they (as a whole, and simply for appearance sake) discount the idea that anyone but them might be intelligent. but that's just part of the story, with reasoning behind it even, and thousands of years of history to push them into that direction. hell in the last 2 books its become clear that little issue is going to play a major role in the run up to the last battle. (a question to ask if you think about that conundrum is, would an aes sedai have ever listened to or taken anything harid fell said seriously)

so no, i don't have any favorites, or least favorites, i love the story, and the story doesn't leave any space for that.

am i allowed to be annoyed by signatures that are larger than the sized of an average post? (well i am; let me clarify) is there a real reason to have an automatic chunk of data at the end of your post that takes up as much space as the post or more. i can understand admins having such a privilege but an average user should have a line or two worth of after post links or images, at most. just annoying seeing giant signatures. on a full page, with short posts, i feel like i see more signature than post. i can understand admins singling themselves out by having quick and obviously visible signatures or as they have been called as a result of english history, signs, but really everyone can post a comment with giant words at the bottom, or a big icon? dunno just personally annoying. i wont be doing it, and i will be annoyed when i see it from someone who shouldn't advertise themselves like an admin should. (no i don't think the site should change its practices, but i do think some of the users could use better discretion)

Archived