DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Irene's path - who is in it?

Elgee

Please let us know here if you're in Irene's path or know of some of our member who are. I'll keep a list in this first post and tick them off as they are confirmed safe.

candle_Candle_light_3004.jpg

White Charis

Christine - safe so far

Grimm

Poetstorm

Torrie

Visar

*snuggles Elgee for no reason*

I hope you all are safe!

*sends anti-hurricane thoughts*

Also, if it hasn't happened yet, is it too soon to make jokes about "Irene" and woman barreling at you? Not that I ever would do such a thing....ever. >.>

They are evacuating New York?

The Power has flickered and there is a tree down down the street. I heard it crash. The wind keeps getting bad, pretty sure there is water twisters (Tornadoes made of water).

The eye will be hitting here about 6am, sooooo excited because we get to go outside during the eye and look around.

On a side note, I hated this house for having no trees on the property or near by, and now, I am really glad.

So yeah, just looked at the storm tracker. Our wind here is at 55mph. The wind will be about 70mph by 7, and the eye will hit about 9. From there is where the danger is because of the wind and rain flipping back behind the eye. Power keeps flashing, but we are still alive. Jon is sleeping like a baby, and I am having a beer. Yeah, at 4am, go ahead and judge. I LOVE Mother Nature...

Alright. We are ok. The worst of the storm is hitting us right now. It is windy and our mailbox is messed up. Trees are down. No power on base. Over half of the county has no power. And us? We are playing WoW while I bake banana muffins. Sooo yeah. The wind and rain is still bad and there are still tornadoes, but Christine (and the hubby) are fine!

Checking in!

Yes, it hasnt fully hit here yet, but they are evacuating unsafe zones - mostly coastal areas - here in NYC. Since we're basically an island - esp Manhattan - it's becoming a misdemeanor to stay at home when the gov't has called you to leave. Thankfully we're buffered between two unsafe zones and we're in the clear. Still we're preparing for the worst. I have plenty of friends who've had to leave their homes and go elsewhere.

The transportation system is all shut down here in in the City now and many people, who either havent been listening to the news or are in la-la land, missed the HUGE MEMO that said they would be and now are stranded trying to find transportation. Dont know what the city is doing about that yet.

Hope to still have enough power to keep checking in!

Christine's Awkward Instruction Time!!!!

1. Go HERE

2. On the left hand side, click the Plus and move it around till you find where you wanna see.

3. On the left hand side, change it to Light.

4. On the right hand side, you can choose past, present, and future!

5. ???

6. Profit

first hurricane of the season. not looking good. just got our first raindrops in northcentral PA, but pretty sure winds will be down to 50 mph before it really gets here tomorrow morning, G-d willing. i'd say, "and the creeks don't rise," but i think that's a done deal.

prayers, wishes and hopes for all in the path, and for everyone else.

Its supposed to hit us tomorrow. 70 mph winds. I don't know how long it will last but if I'm not on tomorrow night its cause I probably don't have power and hopefully that will be the worst of it. I am kinda scared but will probably stay in bed most of day when it hits. as without power there is little else to do.

Well the major storm and the eye have passed. We're waiting for the tail to come through in a few hrs. So far, my home is still intact. It was mighty loud with all the wind and crashing rain, but that was pretty much the worst of it. We've got no flooding. We're VERY LUCKY! I know lots of people who've got flooding and power outages.

I've been in texting contact with Poet all of last nite, but she's yet to text me back this morning.

Its been raining here all afternoon but we're supposed to get the winds over night. Only around 100 when they get here. we're pretty close to the top of the map so it should be done when it hits here. Still I hope people do come quick and let us know if they are ok. My only concern here is that we have some old trees really high and close to our house. If they fall they are going right through the kids windows.

Archived