DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lives 2 Mafia [Nemo Edition] - The Town has dragged to a victory

ed2funy

I feel like I have a ton of little pings coming in from everywhere, but no one really standing out.

That is, except Christine.

I don't like the super surprised reaction and a full reveal with no votes/no one calling for it. Why not just say "I had two lives at the start of game" or maybe mention "Town" if really inclined to. And mentioning the bit about giving gifts to the town if you kill yourself? That's just asking for the mafia to kill you to keep Town from getting whatever items you have, so it seems like a silly thing to admit.

I'll Vote Christine for now. That's the biggest ping on the radar thus far.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been wondering about the Christine or Ama angle that seems to have surfaced. Christine's reveal, if abrupt, doesn't necessarily mean she's scum but her reaction does seem rather exaggerated despite the fact that she wasn't nudged that much. As for Ama, perhaps an innocent remark or possibly trying to lead us in a certain direction. If I had to choose which of them comes off more suspicious, that would prolly be Christine.

I looked at the votes from last day.

FINAL VOTE COUNT:

Player (1) - Ama

Wombat (1) - Amega

Locke (9) - Ley, Kate, Tal, Wombat, Kathleen, Key, Player, Ishy, Jack

Kate (3) - Red, Locke, Nyn

Not voting: Christine, Arlow

I'm trying to connect the dots. As scum, it's possible they were trying to distance themselves from a vote on a vanilla town so they'd seem innocent and be under the rader. The votes on Locke were building up anyhow so it's not like they needed to add to it.

mmmm... I'm still thinking about it. But right now I'm leaning towards Christine.

Nyn

Gill had kept to the shadows all day, nursing his wound. He'd find out where it came from if it killed him.

"Please, I can help you all, but I need to know who did this," he screamed at them all.

But they didn't listen. They started murmuring about Gill and how he was suspicious for trying to tell them things. Maybe he was crazy and was hurting people. Maybe....just maybe, he could be a killer?

But, though they were right in one aspect, they never suspected what would happen as they went to confront the injured fish.

"I know how to help!!! Don't you come any closer, I'm telling you. You'll ruin it. Whoever hurt me last night already did. I won't let you ruin my last chance."

And Gill swam. And swam. And turned around so sharply in the water, that he lost no speed. He swam back straight at them and flew through the middle of them and out into the open air. The seagulls attacked with vicious ferocity. And pieces of Gill went flying everywhere. Some bits flew so fast, that the rest of the group didn't even notice them buzz into le water. One particular piece hit one of the members, and they jumped back in disgust. But there was nothing there....Where had the chunk gone?

Christine (Gill), Town Martyr, has killed herself. She is Dead.

gill.gif

Vote Count:

Ama (2) - Wombat, Ishy

Not Voting - Ama, Kat, Arlow, Red, Leyrann, Kate, Amega, Player, Tal, Jack, Key, Nyn

Day 2 ends Thursday @ 2300. East Coast Australia (6AM PST)

With 14 alive, you need 8 for a Lynch, and 9 for a Quick Lynch.

Key, I think they are saying that it was the mafia, but instead of it being an attempt to kill a townie they think it was a set up to make one of the mafia look as town and skim through the rest of the game. It would be a smarter move on the mafia if they could pull that off than an attempt to kill a townie night one.

no i didn't say that nor did i imply it. what i said was that froma townie perspective for a player to assume (and say so on thread) that just because someone didn't die makes them town is FoS worthy. if i thought the underlined, i woudl have FoSd them both, not just Ama.

you suggeting the underlined speaks of team work and trying to shift focus from Ama onto Chrissy

REALLY?! God...

Alright, well I might as well say it now, I started this game with two lives. I am a Martyr. I am also town. I get something each time I choose to kill myself that should benefit the town, but I don't know what. Do I still get my clam shell even though someone else killed me?

Btw, this claim kinda pings too. There was no need for it.

even though she was telling the truth, i agree with Womby on this. there was no pressure what so ever for a reveal and it was premature at best. any votes she got resulting from this were justly given imo.

You guys owe me. Seriously. Also, I told you so. Go ahead and say I am lying again. I don't lie in Mafia. I may stretch the truth, but I don't lie.

Go Go Town!

so you kill yourself just to spite us?? seriously?? now we're down two people not to mention we still have the lynch. you didn't even have that much pressure on you girl!

i think we'd do good going for Ama or Keth on this, for reasons i've stated. Ama's post felt like a scum trying to align herself with Chrissy which is why i pointed it out in the first place; and for Kath, thats obvious. sicne i like competing trains, let the pressure begin

VOTE: KATH

You guys owe me. Seriously. Also, I told you so. Go ahead and say I am lying again. I don't lie in Mafia. I may stretch the truth, but I don't lie.

Go Go Town!

WTH Christine. We 'owe' you for being town and killing yourself so that we're down two people? And the "I don't lie in Mafia" is ridiculous. Lying is part of the game. Seriously, put on your big girl pants and stop getting riled up for things that happen to you in game. It's a GAME.

Anyway. I'm not sure I understand the Ama lynch. I would've thought a scum kill as well. Plus, Christine did turn up town so Ama was correct. She couldn't have known that Christine would kill herself to prove it.

Sorry Red, I thought that was what was being implied by the comments about Ama's comments and Christine's comments. I didn't say you said it, that's just how I connected the comments that were made by different people.

I still don't like Ama's response when I asked for her to explore her thoughts. I get being stressed about being called inactive, but really it wasn't just one day that we were typing when she was sleeping. Day one lasted multiple RL days and she really didn't put in much activity. She is not the only one, and I know that. Her intensity in her reply seemed too much at the time and that got me wondering.

When I did ask her to give her thoughts she never did. She just said talked about how inactivity and being called inactive is getting on her nerves. But she still hasn't addressed the game, or her posts or put her opinion on anything.

Vote Ama at least until I get some idea of her thoughts.

Hopefully the other people who aren't posting in the game will pick up too. We're loosing too many people and being inactive won't help.

hm...

vote Arlow. You 'skimmed' the rules, didn't vote on the lynch on Day One, and you're third (prime real estate for scum imo) on the Ama lynch right now.

I know I'll be kicking myself (and/or lynched) if she does turn up scum, but I just don't feel like she is.

I was just playing a computer game, when I thought about this game for a moment, and thought of something that is (maybe) weird. Why did we get a picture of Locke, but not of Christine?

I have read something about characters that can do some things if they die, IIRC. Maybe Christine is one of them?

If this is false, I hope Ed will post the picture soon, or either confirm there is no picture.

Can we get a check in from people? Player, Amega, Talms, where is everyone?? I know we have till thursday but lets get some action going, so theories something to help us out here! I hate watching games die after night one. We're only 14 pages in, anything we thought we had going is pretty much died out. And its like we're back at day one with nothing much to go on.

Well, it's true that we don't have much to go on. Added to that, we can't even infer anything from Christine being targeted at night. Aka, since she didn't vote for anyone on day 1 we can't even approach the angle of her getting too close to scum. I can only assume she was picked because she was low key and it would give us zero information.

As for Ama... now that Christine flipped innocent it makes me less suspicious of her. It would have been a brilliant play by scum if they were both scum but I don't quite understand why scum would want us convinced that a townie is really a townie.

red said: "that it would be a way for her to capitalize on her teams failed NK." I'm not sure I understand this correctly, but do you mean that she would be viewed as trustworthy to us by saying that?

I don't know, it just feels a little like we're forcing the pieces together. Ama was first to post after the scene was posted. She couldn't have known that we'd end up going after Christine so any points she allegedly wanted to score for IDing a townie... I just can't see how she could have planned any of this ahead. Especially since if it wasn't for Christine's attitude, I don't think we would have gone for her today. It just seems like a too intricate plan... unless I'm missing something?

Nyn

Also, I'd like to see more input on Wombat with the Kate thing from yesterday. I voiced my thoughts on why I didn't vote Kate and what it looked like to me, and Wombat seemed to be the one to force the newbie card on her and push it. As soon as it dropped out he pushed it again.

I tried to do a re read but not much stood out and I couldn't really focus on it too well.

Like I said about Arlow on day one, while some of his actions did seem a little off I could see why he did them (the vote jumping early on). The skimming the rules too, but really that in it self isn't enough for me to vote him.

I'm sure there is loads of info to go on at this point but I'm just not picking it up.

more activity would give us more to work off of. For all we know the mafia could be inactive and not posting at all.

Christine said if she kills herself the town gets something good. Lets hope its good enough to balance the loss of her.

Vote Count:

Ama (4) - Wombat, Ishy, Arlow, Kathleen

Kathleen (1) - Red

Arlow (1) - Key

Not Voting - Ama, Leyrann, Kate, Amega, Player, Tal, Jack, Key, Nyn

Day 2 ends Thursday @ 2300. East Coast Australia (6AM PST)

With 14 alive, you need 8 for a Lynch, and 9 for a Quick Lynch.

I just forgot the picture. :tongue:

Also, I'd like to see more input on Wombat with the Kate thing from yesterday. I voiced my thoughts on why I didn't vote Kate and what it looked like to me, and Wombat seemed to be the one to force the newbie card on her and push it. As soon as it dropped out he pushed it again.

I still think Kate is scummy and would be willing to pressure her. That being said, Amadine is pinging more right now.

Sorry i've been away today - i put my back out at work yesterday morning - my day ended with a trip to the chiropractor and strong drugs. Been to doped up today trying to get through work to even be able to check in. I did advise Ed of a short LOA last night.

Now back to my comment on Christine, did i read the scene very late at night? yes. Did i post without thinking? yes. Does to come across badly? yes. Would i jump on that from someone else? yes.

As soon as i posted i re-read it and cringed - i could have edited it, but that would have looked even more scummy so i decided to let it be and deal with whatever came of it.

I'm more concerned with those making a mountain of a molehill at the moment. And i am scratching my head as to what Christine thinks she may have achieved by suiciding. Does anyone know what the Martyr role actually entails? I don't think i've seen it before in a game, and i can't find it on the wiki.

The "Governor" can reprieve those killed during the daytime, as can the "Martyr" if he sacrifices himself - Taken from Wikipedia article of the party game Mafia. May be slightly different, due to us playing mafia on the forums, but I think the point of the role would be the same.

I think we may be getting Locke back tomorrow, seeing as how he isn't here yet.

*pokes people*

@Mods - if they don't post soon, can I have permission to smite them? *bats eyelashes*

Yes, you may. :smile:

PAFO at Martyr.

Ahmoondah will be replacing Amegakure.

I am looking for a replacement for Talmanes.

*le mod sighs*

Archived