1. 1. So which one is the funniest story?^_^

• Ahmoondah's Story(ies)
    • Elgee's Story(ies)
    • Bela's Story
    • Volke's Story
    • Kathleen's Story
    • Karasayl's Story

Amusing Memories of High School

High school is a weird stage of life-where you meet with every kind of people (and they are mostly TEEN as well :P ) and stuck with them for hours and hours. You get many friends there,and a lot of people who dislikes you,whom you cannot avoid easily like you are at college.What is left from this journey is a bunch of memories.I am just graduated in June this year,and i dont think i will have that much amusing memories at college,or will have fun as much as i had in high school. I dont think there will be another time in my life that people will be so comfortable with me.We were all teens locked into a building,and that produces the most funny memories^^

And here ,in this thread,you can tell all of your amusing memories of that part of your life! Everything-dirty jokes to teachers,cheating organisations,funny ways of teachers/friends etc. I will put them on vote to see whose story is the funniest one! ^^

Three weeks before I graduated High school, I got in a blow-out fight on the school bus because a freshman called my brother "a fag."

My brother wasn't there to defend himself, he hadn't gotten on the bus yet.

The kid had been bothering me the whole year.

My brother did see the tail end of the fight. I bashed the kid's head against the window.

Fighting on the school bus could have prevented me from walking in my ceremony, or had me suspended, or, because I was 18, charged with assault.

What was my punishment?

I had to apologize, and so did he.

Why, moon, do you think this was an amusing high school memory?

Because as soon as we got home, my brother called mom and Bragged. (I'm not a violent person).

I almost posted this in the other thread about science or something ... lol

There are 2 memories that stand out for me. Both actually happened in this funny class we had that kept morphing into something else.

1st funny memory: I believe at that stage it was called "practical life skills" or something. The lesson was in changing plugs (wiring them up correctly). Here in South Africa our plugs have 3 prongs and that's as much as I can tell you (I sucked at the class!). No matter WHAT I did, I blew the whole school's electricity. Every. Time. In the end I was politely asked to not touch anything in the class. The irony is that my dad and most of his family work in electrics :P

2nd funny memory: In my final year of High School, they decided to morph this class into sex education (yeah this was many many years ago, before sex education was taught in schools here :P). So first day of this class, in our first week of High School, the (very embarrassed) teacher had explained to us what the class would be all about, then asked if there were any questions before we started. I raised my hand and asked if we'd be doing practicals. For the rest of the year we learned how to change plugs again.

That's awesome, Elgee!

I think some of my most amusing "haha" memories involve my various band experiences.

Marching band is something else, let me tell you.

One school I went to had a "Cult of Dopey the Dwarf" in the drumline.

The other one, well, we sang "Mnah-Mnah" during stadium time.

And them, we'd sing the Mission IMpossible theme while our drumline drummed the percussion parts. Cause we were bored.

The way we saw it, everyone was there to see us, not those jerks on the field.

Alright i will tell you the most hillarious one(in my opinion)^^

I was first grade and we had such a strict,charismatic Literature teacher. Everyone was kind of scared of him. In one of his lessons-he was asking the rest of an English saying-you know "I am the best,..." Well i only knew the "f word" version of it so...

...i raised a hand and said "I am the rest,*insert the f word here-PG13!* the rest.

Everyone cracked out-yea me too lol. That teacher was literally shocked.

Well that way i at least learned the original saying "I am the best,forget the rest" :D

Lol I had some amusing memories. My Friends and I always goofed off in class, and we were pretty wild *chuckles* We actually drove a teacher to quit teaching... Kinda felt bad for her, especaiily cause she was a Marine beore she retired and started teaching. She told us on the first day of school she could handle anything we could dish out. Geuss we proved her wrong Eh? :wink:

Well, I guess my amusing memory of school would be the time I completely unintentionally blackmailed my visual arts teacher.

The class was broken into two halves, one was focused on filming and one was on computer graphics. I had taken the first level of the class the year before and was starting the second class. We had a new project every week and the teacher...well lets just say he had his own style of teaching...an absent, non teaching sort of style. He would be around to give out the assignment and if you asked for help he'd just tell you that the lesson plan explains how to do it all. He was more of a babysitter than anything else. And he was a really hard marker. If he didn't like you, you weren't getting a good mark.

I was one of the students who probably got under his skin. I couldn't remember how to turn the computer on for the whole first year. But some how (after I worked at it and got help in everything) I always got the projects done and on time. I hated the course but I needed the credit and I wanted the film side. I hated the computer side, but I did well on film.

Anyway, on to the blackmail!

It was second year and I was in the film section. I was having some trouble (missed some time in school - I can't remember why, but it was legit) and the teacher was saying that I couldn't catch up and was giving me a hard time. He was basically saying I had missed too many projects and he wouldn't let me do them late. And since I didn't do them I wouldn't be able to pass. So I did one last project, and he said if I got it perfectly he would think about letting me do the others. So I did it. It was 7 shots that I had to set up and do flawlessly. Well I handed it in and he came back to me and he said that he only saw 6 of the seven shots. I told him I did all seven and he said he never say "Setting the Scene". He said after the six there was something on the tape but he overlooked it. I told him to recheck it, he said it was taped over. So I told him I'd do it again. He kinda fought with me about it, but I told him that there was still two days until the deadline for the assignment and I could re shoot it.

I went to my friends house after school and there were 4 boys who had taken his class the year before I went to the school. I told them what was going on and how I was gonna fail the class because he wouldn't let me make up the assignments I legitly missed and they said, that they knew exactly what to do for 'setting the scene.' One of them went on the computer and changed the screen saver to the school colours with the words "We saw your (insert file name i forget now here)". Then the three guys stood around beside the computer and one in a chair. I panned from one of the guys too two of the others, then across the tv while it showed the words then to the other guy in the big chair with a "watch your back glare".

The next day I handed in the tape and the teacher said he'd look at it but it would have to be darn good for me to get marks on it, he'd give me the marks on the 6 other shots. But I may as well write off the class.

After lunch he came up to me all nervously and pulled me aside before class. He said he saw my shot, and it 'set the scene really well.' I was getting full marks for the past work, and didn't have to redo the other assignments I missed. and I had a guaranteed pass if I didn't say anything.

I later asked my friends what it was all about and they told me that when they were in the class he was the same way. One day he left the room to go to the office/make out with his girlfriend and they went into his school issued computer to find the file where he kept their grades (which he said they could). But when they loaded it the wrong file came up and it seems that the teacher had some very......unschoolish (possibly leaning on illegal) stuffs on his school computer. The students had turned all of the school computers in the room to the background I outlined above and left the room.

I didn't know the story before and it wasn't my intention to black mail him. But I did spend the whole 'computer graphics' half of the course skipping it and going to a law class instead (for fun) and passed the VA class! <.<

@Elgee: LOL she must be Elayne reborn for 1st Age-she was blonde,too :D

@Kat: WOW just wow. You served Karma so well even though you didnt realise doing it :P

I shall put a poll thread tomorrow-if anyone wants to post their stories on here this is the time!^^

Hmm well thoses certainly are hard to top, especially since I cant remeber much from HS. However, I do remeber something big we did during prank week. See, when it was close to finals the Senior class would try to outdo the class before and prank the school staff. Most of the classes just did some graffiti or toliet paper but knowing that it was our principals last class before he transfered to a new school district, we decided to target him. He usually took the train into work and left his car in his parking spot so with some help from some vocational teachers, we unlocked the school in the middle of the night. Then one of my friends father had a tow business so we towed his car into the main foyer of the school. Then we layered the inside cabin with a tarp and duct tape and filled it up with water. The final touch was rubber duckies :D He got to school in a panic thinking his car was stolen....funny thing he actually laughed when he found it in the school. It was there all day so all the underclassmen saw how much we ruled and the janitors drained the car out without any damage. It was a win...especially since I found out that the class who tired to outdo us could only settle for relocating the faculty furniture on the roof :P

Archived