• Sole bon Femme
    • Taco Style Pizza
  2. 2. Worst Cafeteria Food

• Bread and Butter on the side
    • Meatloaf and Whomp Biscuits
    • School Salad
    • Century Old Whole Wheat Toast
    • Left Over Baked Chicken and uncooked Rice

Well, it's that time of year again. Back to School. I don't know about you but when I was in school, one of the things that always worried me was... Cafeteria Food. Would it be worth it or not? Should I pack my own lunch or pay for food that the cafeteria supplies. Most of the time, the food was epicly terrible but there was always at least one dish that the school had that was good.

So here is what is going on. I want YOU, yes you fellow DMers, to submit your best and/or worst cafeteria food that you can remember. After three days, we will put it to a vote, One for Best Cafeteria Food and one for Worst Cafeteria Food. The winners get brand new siggys for your use.

Have fun and be creative.

It's that time everyone. Go ahead and submit your votes.

The cafeteria food at my school is great. In the morning they sell bagels and croissants and breakfast burritos and smoothies and it's all made fresh. For lunch, there's always a special, salads, pizza of the day, hot dogs wrapped in huge crescent rolls, and made-to-order sandwiches (I looove the grilled chicken pesto sandwich!)

There's also fresh cookies and brownies, a ending machine with protein bars and pop tarts, and a freezer full of ice cream.

I dunno, I've never understood people's issues with high school lunch :P

Summer, do you go to a private or public school?

My favorite was always these beef teriyaki nuggets they served with herbal rice (a lot like Rice-a-Roni).

My least favorite was meatloaf. It was gross.

As a side note, I had a teacher that named the rolls generally served in the cafeteria "whomp biscuits" because they were so hard, if you dropped it on the table, that was the sound it made.

We didn't have cafeterias at school, but I remember the one we had at university. The food was actually not too bad, and cheap too. My most memorable meals were at the hostel and the "up-market" restaurant they had at the campus.

The worst was at the hostel: whole wheat toast, probably made a century before. You could kill someone with that stuff, it was so rock solid hard! I don't think I ever saw anyone successfully eat a slice.

The best was the sole bon femme at the restaurant - to die for! We'd save our money and every few months go splurge out there.

College had better options. There was a pizza spot, a cafeteria with a grill and salad bar, a sub stand, and a stand that was a burger fast-food spot ripped off from McDonald's or Burger King. On Wednesdays, the pizza place featured taco style pizza, with taco-flavored ground beef, chunks of tomato, shredded lettuce, and salsa that you added yourself to get exactly how much you want. I made sure to get a couple of pieces every week!

I think our different countries have different standards for food. I am an enlisted sailor in the US Navy. Let me tell you... the food on the boat is terrible. I figured since I've been out of school for a little and I can't remember the best and worst, I'd tell you about the Navy's food.

And the winners are......

Best Cafeteria Food- Taco Style Pizza from Basel Gill

Worst Cafeteria Food- Century Old Whole Wheat Toast from our Crazy Mother Elgee

Your siggys will be PMed to you within a few days. Thank you all for your participation.

When I was in school they had these foil wrapped premade hamburgers and cheeseburgers. As good as they tasted, the cheeseburgers really looked gross. They had a greenish tint to the meat somehow and were FULL of grease. But they were a lot more tolerable than the meatloaf. Yech!

Archived