Photo

Do You Have The Last Battle Planned Out? - Poll

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Do You Have The Last Battle Planned Out? - Poll (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you have the Last Battle already planned out before you read it?

1. 1.Yes-I DO(no further thoughts) (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. 2.No-I DO NOT(no further thoughts) (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

3. 3.Yes-I DO and will accept whatever it is (8 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. 4.No-I DO NOT and will accept whatever it is (11 votes [19.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.64%

5. 5.Yes-I DO and will be dissatisfied if different (1 votes [1.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

6. 6.No-I DO NOT and will be dissatisfied with any ending anyway (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

7. 7.Yes-Please just let it end! (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

8. 8.No-Please just let it end! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. 9.Yes-There are neither beginnings or endings to the Wheel of Time (8 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

10. 10.NO-There are neither beginnings or endings to the Wheel of Time (3 votes [5.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

11. 11.Yes-The Wheel Weaves as the Wheel Wills (2 votes [3.57%] - View)

12. 12.NO-The Wheel Weaves as the Wheel Wills (10 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

13. 13.None of the Above, Below or Around...and this question sucks! (5 votes [8.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Didgya

Didgya

The Didgyaist

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

Ok...I see a great deal of astute speculation about what will happen in the Last Battle. But I was wondering if some WOT fans were like me and savings a little vacuole (or big empty space, in my case) :blink: in their head, to fill up when we finally read AMOL. I did go a little overboard with the # of choices. :blush:
I did pick #11 #12 by the way. Enjoy. :biggrin:

Edited by Didgya, 17 August 2011 - 04:54 PM.

Didgya is what I say!
(Did-Ja is how you say it)
Say it and you will see!
Follow me @Didgya

#2 LordOfChaos

LordOfChaos
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

NO-The Wheel Weaves as the Wheel Wills

#3 Vambram

Vambram

Siswai'aman of the Cor Darei Aiel, Dreadlord in Shayol Ghul,

• Members
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

I voted for the 3rd choice on this poll.
Posted Image

#4 Leyrann

Leyrann

Sir Ley

• Members
  • 13,117 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

I also voted 3. But only as long as it is a satisfying ending. Not really every one will be. But I think RJ made a VERY satisfying one.

I like friendly games, and I suppose everyone does. So, I would like to ask everyone playing mafia, which I want to be a fun, friendly game too, to be nice, and to just not be generally unhelpful, or doing something like refusing to answer an honest question that in no way harms your chances of survival. And too, an important reason I'm writing this despite earlier reactions about similar things, is that I don't want to get mad, but if I feel like either someone is mad at me for no reason, or someone is irritating me while he knows it, I just can't help it, no matter how much I want.

#5 Terez

Terez

Quotemistress

• Members
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:27 AM

I voted the first option only because there are a couple of small exceptions to 'will accept whatever'. I don't think those small exceptions will happen, though.

WoT Reference Library // twitter.png@Terez27

I kind of wish the last book was written by Terez. I would probably have to spend weeks looking for a damn ending and then decrypting it, but no doubt it would be perfectly thought out. :wink:

#6 Didgya

Didgya

The Didgyaist

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:57 PM

Now numbered for readability. :cool:
Surprised anyone voted on #6, I was being a bit snide on that one. :baalzamon:
Didgya is what I say!
(Did-Ja is how you say it)
Say it and you will see!
Follow me @Didgya

#7 gwenifer

gwenifer

piccolina

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

I voted for #12. All this theorizing stuff is great and you people are amazing at that, and I love reading it, and becoming enlightened sometimes, and being inspired and made to think always, and being made to notice things I faile to notice myself, but... I just want the endind to be something original, something beyond our ability to figure. Something that nobody, except for RJ himself, would ever invent. And I hope that altgough some of the theories "have hit near it", as BS said lately, there will also be many awesome surprises.

I just hope that aMoL will be much more satisfying than "Merlin" finale...

#8 ThwartAbyss54

ThwartAbyss54
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:41 AM

We dont want out beloved series to end! NEVER! And there are no real beginnings or endings just turnings of the wheel (we'll read the last book when its released then read them from first to last again and again or maybe thats just me :biggrin: )

Edited by ThwartAbyss54, 11 September 2011 - 01:15 PM.

Give me your trust, said the Aes Sedai.On my shoulders I support the sky.Trust me to know and to do what is best,And I will take care of the rest.But trust is the color of a dark seed growing.Trust is the color of a heart’s blood flowing.
Trust is the color of a soul’s last breath.Trust is the color of death.
Give me your trust, said the queen on her throne,for I must bear the burden all alone.Trust me to lead and to judge and to rule,and no man will think you a fool.But trust is the sound of the grave-dog’s bark.Trust is the sound of betrayal in the dark.Trust is, the sound of a soul’s last breath.Trust is the sound of death.

#9 Corvinus

Corvinus
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

We dont want out beloved series to end! NEVER! And there are no real beginnings or endings just turnings of the wheel (we'll read the last book when its released then read them from first to last again and again or maybe thats just me :biggrin: )

Actually, for every re-read, you should change the name of the main characters. Do this six times, then repeat with Rand, Mat, Perrin etc. :tongue:

#10 Drekka Mort

Drekka Mort
  • Members
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

Yes, please just let it end. Ive waited long enough to see how RJ would pull off the die and live again thing, and I cant help but have zero interest in Mat, Perrin, Egwene, Elayne, Min, Aviendha (sorry) and pretty much everything else that doesnt involve Rand, the Forsaken or the Black Tower. I love these books but Im ready for it to end.

Do it Drekka! Show no mercy! 

#11 YouMayCallMeElci

YouMayCallMeElci
  • Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

I voted 3, I have some ideas, mostly wildly contradictory to each other but I don't care if I'm not even close on any of them. I've waited over 7 years for the end of this story and still have another one to go. I'll just be happy to know how RJ planned it all out.

#12 Feral

Feral
  • Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

I went with option 12. I haven't really given much thought to it, because I'd probably end up being wrong anyway and it'll make finally finding out a bit more of a surprise, plus I'll be less likely to be disappointed.

#13 Maedhros The One Handed

Maedhros The One Handed

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

I voted #4 and i know that R.J. wrote the ending before he passed away, from what i understand the last battle was / is already written and all Barry has to do is paste it at the end of aMoL YAY!!

jees it's been a long wait!!

:happy:

#14 Maedhros The One Handed

Maedhros The One Handed

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

21 Bloody Years wait for me!

bloody buttered onions! lol

#15 YouMayCallMeElci

YouMayCallMeElci
  • Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

21 Bloody Years wait for me!

bloody buttered onions! lol

I meant 7 years from when RJ died. If I went back to when I first read tEotW, it would be more like 16 years. Anyhoo, I'm just ecstatic that Brandon took over so we can know the ending as RJ planned it. :smile:

#16 Tyzack

Tyzack

Purity Of Essence

• DM - Staff
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

This question sucks because it does not force the respondent to make a choice.

Fleigt heim, ihr Raben!

Mandrake, in the name of her majesty and the continental congress, get over here and feed me this belt!

"If you are losing faith in human nature, go out and watch a marathon"
-Kathrine Switzer

"Bet on it!"

-President Barrak Obama 

#17 TheTuninator

TheTuninator
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

Haven't planned anything out yet at all. I usually tend to limit my "what if"-ing until after I've completed a work, at which point I will do it relentlessly.