DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Football Season 11/12

ineedfourberfs

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One reflection after last nights friendly between United and Barcelona (2-1). The player who stood out in Barcelona was Thiago. A young, central midfielder with ridicilous potential. Could his rapid development have any effect on Barcelonas willingness to throw money at Arsenal to get Fabregas?

With that in mind, Milans (rumoured) increasing interest in launching a huge bid for Fabregas might deserve being looked at in a new light. 3-4 years as a key player in Milan, and then go to Barcelona when it is time to replace Xavi? Instead of going to Barcelona now, and not having a guaranteed place in the starting XI? And I think Wenger would find it easier to sell to Milan, as relations between Arsenal and Barcelona are quite bad.

Huge speculations about United right now. Rumours are that Inter has accepted a bid for Sneijder, and it is now down to contract negotiations.

Meanwhile, PSG is rumoured to have offered close to £20M for Berbatov, ann offer United would definitly accept if it is true.

Silly season, I love and hate you so much...biggrin.gif

Come On You Saints! I think Southampton's signing of Jack Cork from Chelsea should be a good move. I am pleased we have managed to hold onto Chamberlain, despite Arsene Whinger wanting him. All we need is another centre-back to cover or replace Jaidi and I think we have a decent squad to challenge in the Championship.

Still very much open. I can sense some major shake ups on the horizon.

Liverpool apparently about to sign Enrique from Newcastle for around 5-6M.

Not exactly a coup but I'll take it.

And Barton available on a free? Who is gonna touch that with a ten ft pole. That being said he did a hell of a lot for Newcastle last season, if a team can look past the drama he would be an asset.

Well, it is sounding like Fabregas is finally leaving for barcelona. Thank goodness, I am so tired of hearing about that story.

Signing Sneijder, Nasri or another big name? Nah, Sir Alex has faith in his youngsters. First Cleverley got to shine against city in Commmunity Shield, and now Paul Pogba, 18, gets moved up to the first team.

Wonder if United has ever had such a young team, even when the famous Class of -92 broke through. The squad only has 8 players who are 30 or older

So, season's on then.

Joey Bartons shenanigans helped Newcastle to a draw against Arsenal.

A Swedish monsterstrike gave Sunderland 1-1 against liverpool.

Torres...did not score for Chelsea.

Bolton welcomed QPR to Premier league with a brutal trashing.

De Gea showed that he can make brilliant saves...and horrendous mistakes.

Phil Neville took advantage of Evertons game against Tottenham being postponed, and took the day off to go and cheer for United. And not in a VIP-section, but among the regular fans.

Aside from De Geas mixed performance, what really stoodd out to me in Uniteds game was the new style. In some ways it reminded of a modern version of Total voetbal, the style that has dominated Dutch football since the 70s. But United played faster, more one-touch than dribbling, and more direct.

Hands up everyone who thinks SAF is trying this primarily in order to take down Barca...

Well, it was pretty obvious De Gea would struggle in the beginning. He is only 20, it's a new team' a new league and a new country. And, he does not speak English yet. But he'll shine once he gets things together (and adds a few kilos of muscles).

Archived