DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Mafia Game ON!

Alanna

That was random. I'm guessing it was the power of an item. Wonder why someone wouldtake a shot though?

You were first to comment on Song's death and how it was "random"

I'm gunna go ahead and reveal. I killed song. My item was the elder wand and I still have it. It was a one time big shot. With the theif plays I didn't want the scum getting an extra kill and using it later in the game when it could really hurt the town. I knew I wouldn't take out a power role by using it because all roles are in items. I also knew using it day 1 would be best because town can afford it more earlier in the game if I hit a townie, which I did. I also knew song wouldn't be that active and an inactive townie will hurt the town more and more as the game went on and if she were scum well the town would be a lot better off if I took her out. Now I've got a used elder wand without a vig shot.

Only to tell us that it was you who killed Song. I get that you didn't want to take any chances but you could have waited til the NP.

That is why I think you're scummy

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the items can kill. Or mafia has Day AND Night Kills. Either way,this is scary...

I find this statement odd. As was said before (I don't remember who and I'm too tired to go back and look for it right now) why would you assume automatically that it was mafia and not a SK or vig? Also, this was still within the first day, so we didn't know at this point that they had NKs. It could potentially have been that they had day kills.

@Jack - why did you comment on the randomness when you knew it was you?

random musing: I wonder if the mafia uses their items to NK.

Ed do you honestly think I'm mafia or are you using me as an example? If the former, why if I may ask?

Example.

I just picked a name from the OP.

Is anyone gonna do it though?

lol, the person voted has no fear of dying.

Permanently. ^.^

Unless they are scum.

That's very week reasoning there Lessa, Eddy your scummate?

Who's Eddie? :wink:

So the items can kill. Or mafia has Day AND Night Kills. Either way,this is scary...

I find this statement odd. As was said before (I don't remember who and I'm too tired to go back and look for it right now) why would you assume automatically that it was mafia and not a SK or vig? Also, this was still within the first day, so we didn't know at this point that they had NKs. It could potentially have been that they had day kills.

I just automatically thought like that as my last mafia game was like that. Which i played about a year ago...so uhm...yea :tongue:

Ed,one question: When you kill someone like that(if you can) can you revive them with their items? Or do those items go randomly to another person and you cant take em back? Gah everyone is claiming to be/have something in this game,i dont know what to believe really >.<

And can someone tell me,why do you,ALL of you do such a weak reasoning before voting?Yea,no info,the game is dull,blalala. I would LOVE a quote wall post right now. Where is Red? :P

Also Jack seems too fond of killing people with no evidence or a good reasoning(for me,being unactive wasn't a good reason to kill Song,a townie.)Just wanted to note. But i think he just wants to make this game more active,by attacking on random people right now.Really, we can use some activity here :rolleyes:

I have no control over their items. They prolly would be randomly assigned and not get them back. :/

come on people. I might just choose someone. Especially if it looks like it's going to random....when is the deadline?

I guess that you are saying that you have the stone. Are you sure that you can bring back a player properly? In the movie you can bring back people that you love but they remain gosts.

I have already said who I'm watching. It would be nice to hear from Charis. Of course she can't explain Ithi's actions but she should tell us her thoughts about the game.

Day 2 begins. Your deadline is Monday, July 25 @ 4PM CST.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Seriously....this is tomorrow? Eddie no likely the lack of activity. Bored Eddie does things. Bored Eddie makes discussion. Bored Eddie talk like Narg too much. >.<

Yus. But I'll PM to double check. I love you all! >.>

That's right. Love you all. :D

Deadline is about 10 hours from now?

So, I had 3 successful thief plays last night. If any of you have stolen from me...well, good luck if you're Town. This stuff is really tempting.

If you're mafia, screw you. :laugh:

I believe my successful thiefs were from AJ, Jack, and Red.

Knowing Jack had the Elder Wand, I think AJ and Red are Town, at the moment.

They could have easily stolen the items from someone else though, so I'm not giving it a very high thought.

I attempted on Nolder and Lessa.

But Nolder's death scene didn't mention him having an item like Song's did. And Alanna posted between me and Lessa, so I don't think it went through.

TOWN:

1. Ed

POSSIBLY TOWN:

14. AJ

16. Red

POSSIBLY SCUM:

9. Jack

SCUM:

UNKNOWN:

3. Lessa

4. Daruya 6. Tina

7. Lia Player

8. Zosime

10. Tynaal

11. Bela

12. Key

13. Ithillian Charis

GWoT comming up. you've been warned people. as promised, heres the reasons why i quoted the posts i dug up.

:blink:

this post stick out. i said this before, but it's just odd Bela would assume the DK was a mafia kill and that they would be allowed a day & night kill.

this doesn't actually sound like the killing spell to me

wouldn't we have seen a flash of greenlight?

but who knows maybe it was

As far as I am aware (and Alanna would know this as she is a Blue and all) There is no other spell thjat will make anyone die immediately. You could knock them out etc. So I'm assuming she just didn't put "green light" in cause it's either too obvious or she just didn't think of it and we're looking at unimportant details.

she specifically said she'd be dropping hints and clues in her flavor posts

I don't think it's an unimportant detail

Tyn calling attention to this from Nol's post pings me as well. she' claims it's unimportant or is too obvious but thinks it is the AK curse. we know this is what the scum will be killing with via Voldy's trade marked spell; it coudl be an attempt at scum using the confusion around the DK to set up the vig (aka Jack in this case)

Uhhh, I don't like this....

Sounds like "role" fishing. Or character fishing.

As much as I admire your misinterpretation of my second post back there....that was more of a spam post. lolz, and I think Red just loves HP. Too much. :laugh:

But, although, I like your motivation. Your slight insistence that some of the main characters reveal themselves is disturbing. They are most likely to have some hefty items on them, and by revealing themselves, you are encouraging scum to try and steal their items.

Vote Nolder

For being Day 1. This is enough for me right now.

Also, just fyi, I will try to be posting more normally, but I am in class through next week, and have things to do. Tonight being a test and cleaning my room. >.<

here Ed is calling attention to the "Nol pushing the main characters to reveal" this is how the whole FoS on Nol started for must of us as this is what most of us foudnto be scummy.

if Ed is scum, he would have known Nol was town and could have used this as a Legitament way to push a pynch on him.

I'm gunna go ahead and reveal. I killed song. My item was the elder wand and I still have it. It was a one time big shot. With the theif plays I didn't want the scum getting an extra kill and using it later in the game when it could really hurt the town. I knew I wouldn't take out a power role by using it because all roles are in items. I also knew using it day 1 would be best because town can afford it more earlier in the game if I hit a townie, which I did. I also knew song wouldn't be that active and an inactive townie will hurt the town more and more as the game went on and if she were scum well the town would be a lot better off if I took her out. Now I've got a used elder wand without a vig shot.

this sticks out to me. both because of who he killed and the reasons and becuase Jack claimed this and brought it back to attention when we had other focuses atm (ie: Nols Role fishing)

I'm sure they did. They would be most likely.

Kinda, that also means that his item would go to random, so it could go to a baddie.

I didn't say that they didn't have items, I just said they might not have items that would protect them.

You know what, screw it. Lol in the games I've played with you, you've never let anything go once you come up with it. (Not trying to insult, just going by game play.)

I'm Hermione. And I have an item.

why would you reveal you had an item??

It was a one shot because the mod said so

It's used up

If it's stolen the theif can't use it

this part seems a bit more WIFOM. at first i kinda agreed that this might not be the case, but in wand lore, a stilling a wand could cause it to transfer it's alligience to said perosn and there for open it up for another kill.

Wow, you lot posted a ton while I was gone. *did her re-read*

Ok, my thoughts on Jack: don't like that he killed Song, don't like his reasoning. I understand it, but don't like it. Song is big game, so why would you take out a potentially active epic player?

Nolder: his play style is different here than the last game or two I've played with him, not sure what to make of it so far. I kinda like his analysis of every post, I found it useful.

Red: WoTs again. So hard to read for me. I'm getting a general ping from her right now, not sure from what specifically.

Key: not liking the reveal at all. I know Nolder was asking for a reveal, but personally I would not have obliged him.

That's all from me for now. I don't have an opinion on anyone else right now. Oh, and unvote my joke vote.

this post reeks of scumminess. it seem mostly filler, is basically repeating whats already been said and gives nothing new. in other words, somethign a scum woudl do to make it appear that their keeping up and helping the town while only skimming.

Yeah, in hindsight I shouldn't have revealed. You know, what we've all been talking about :tongue:.

No. I said maybe I would gift it today. If I actually have one. I didn't say to who or even if I was going to.

what do you mean if you actually have one?? so you lied abut having an item, which you claimed to have in your reveal post?? this makes me less likely to trust your reveal.

I see a teamwork between Nolder and Alanna. Nolder is laying the ground for Keys reveal. Nolder says we may have to give up powers (maybe cop with the diadem) to destroy horrocruxes and that anyone that is Harry, Ron or Hermione should reveal. (That could be right of course - not arguing with that.) I think they are trying to get players to give horrocruxes to Key - cos Hermione is one that have destroyed one in the books/movies. Mafia would of course want to have the horrocruxes. Then on top of that Key is now "vulnerable" so a doc could protect her. Wouldn´t that be perfect? Key looks good, being Hermione, gets horrocruxes and makes the doc protect her and open up for a teammate to kill more easily.

Trying not to metagame to much but Key usually isn´t this active so that is a little part of my suspicious of her.

Vote Nolder since he is the one that has most votes on him of the two of them.

About Jack - maybe you did right but I also think it was to early.

Also FOS Ithi with her comment that nothing stands out at the moment. Really? After 9 pages already on day one?

Tina brings up a good point on Key's reveal. with the flip flop on the "item" thing i'm more likely to agree with "Key using the reveal to her advantage as scum" in this.

I, for one, think Key is who she says she is right now, though, the whole fight it like crazy then up and reveal is suspicious.

you controdict yourself in this post. you think Key's reveal is letig, but you FoWS her over the reveal... either you think she's suspicious or you believe her reveal Ed.

sounds like putting yoruself on the fence incase she flips scum imo and distancing yourself tbh

Yes, I did write the wrong name. I guess if you read the text it´s clear that I meant Key.

I got time to read the last pages anyway. I won´t move my vote right now. I have to say that Nolder did a great job starting this game but I think this whole Nolder - Key thing is strange.

We have some players that mostly post fillers. Then we have some that post but just trying to stay in the middle of the action with all doors open ( for example Sakaeas "Jack and Nolder is scummy but is probably town" or Ithis "noone stand out"). And then we have some that haven´t posted much at all. From previous games I have been in I have learned that lurkers can be very bad for town. I hope more players will post their thoughts.

I'm here as well, at the beach though, so I'm a bit MiA till Monday. But I agree with what has been said so far.

And while Nolder does seem to be scummy, I don't feel right voting him or Jack. They don't seem scummy enough.

My vote is on Key cause her reveal is super suspicious to me. I feel that Nolder wasn't pressing that hard and why on earth should she reveal? Neither she nor the town was in any danger if she didn't reveal. It doesn't seem rational. Now after revealing she would be in so much more danger and as she is so seemingly casually relying on the "doctor/ healer" to rescue her, I think she's honestly not afraid of being NK (indicating scum) unless her item enables her to save herself.

this feels like postering by scum imo. seems like you knew that Nol would flip innocent and decided to use this to your benefit by alligning yourself with him and voting for Key.

if Key flips scum, be prepared for the FoS to fall directly on you because of this post.

you should probably vote Zo because if I'm lynched I will flip town and if you are in fact town that will lead to you being lynched as well for shooting song and then contributing on me

also if you vote Zo I hope you have a good reason

because I haven't really seen anything from Zo that I thought was overly scummy

To be honest, I have nothing to add to what Nolder has said. In fact, I mirror his sentiments. He hasn't seen anything scummy, and I haven't done anything scummy. So go ahead, do whatever you will.

i agree that i didn't see anything scummy about Zo Day 1 Jack. care to enlighten us as to what you foudn scummy cause from my re-read i couldn't find where you did.

I'm more inclined to believe you are town now Zo. But not entirely. Usually newer players will call another player scum because they have been called scum by that player. They do that because they know they are town and since the other player can't see that they must be mafia.

Or

You could be a newer scum who is trying to set a player up but missing on the subtlety. I'm inclined towards the first option.

Also

Mafia is awesome. It gets addictive though

this is nothing but WIFOM honestly .... now your basically setting her up to be scum no matter her reaction and i dislike this subtle set up. it feels like your setting up the foundation for a bigger case on her later. FoS @ Jack

My thoughts for Day One

Started with random voting as is usual for mafia. Jack commented on where he thinks the horcruxes are, as did Red. People talked about the movie and Ed asked that no one mention a bunch of HP stuff. Alanna asked that no one talk about the movie and Song was killed. Jack comments on her death being random and asked why someone would take a shot. Key agreed that it was random. Nolder voted for Key because of her shifty eyes. Ed suggested that mafia has Day Kills as well as Night Kills or a Day SK. Nolder comments on his thoughts about the horcruxes and he procced to ask that those who are hermione, harry, ron and voldemort reveal their roles. Ithy said that role reveals so early in the game is not good and I agree with her. Tynaal comments on Song's death. Nolder then comments on every single post made. Tynaal and Nolder comment back and forth and Ithy makes a few commments in between. Bela comments on Song's death and Ed votes for Nolder as does Jack. Nolder asks why they voted for him. Key comments on Nolder asking the trio or voldemort to reveal and Jack also commented. Jack then reveals that he killed Song saying that he knew she'd be inactive. Nolder makes a case against Key and she askes why he wants the trio to reveal and he says that he doesn't believe the trio or voldemort are in the game. Key reveals that she is Hermione. Key and Nolder go back and forth. Red votes for Nolder and gives her reasons. Daruya votes Jack and gives her reasons. AJ comments and votes Jack. Nolder comments on Red's posts and Ed comments on Nolder's posts. Nolder responds to Ed's comments. Jack says AJ is pinging him. Sakaea, myself and Key unvote. Alanna modspeaks about flavor and Red comments on Nolder. Ithy comments and Tina says she sees teamwork between Nolder and Key. She votes for Nolder. Jack comments and people talk. Nolder responds to Red, myself, Tina and Jack. Sakaea and Jack talk and people talk about the movie. Jack and Nolder go back and forth and Red comments every now and then. Daruya comments and I vote Nolder for distracting. Tina comments on Ithy and Tynaal votes for Key. Zo comments on Jack and Nolder and Jack responds. Key comments about her reveal. Jack comments and so does Nolder, Nolder votes for Jack. Jack and Nolder talk between themselves. I ask why Nolder finds my vote scummy saying that I'm echoing and trying to bandwagon. Zo, Nolder and Jack talk and Ed comments on Jack. Tina states her thoughts.

first this was hard to read because of how it's one big block of text. 2nd it's just a verbatem recap of what happened without giving any new insight.

seems like an attempt at scum trying to appear like their helping.

I'm only not voting Nolder so far, because I was in a thief play (will be successful if he isn't lynched) and Lol it's so exciting to play with such things for the first time that I want his item! If he had one. :tongue:

But I guess a controlled lynch is of best interest for the town. I'm hesitant to vote though as my vote will be the hammer. Unless I'm mistaken?

so you possibly could have kept us from a controlled lynch because of a Theif Play ... wow .... and this isn't scummy how??

Meh, I couldn't vote in fear of being the next probable lynch. If people want me gone then they should go fir it. I vote how I vote and do what I do. To reach an end I desire. If your mafia, brilliant set up right there calling me town so people think I'm scum

see, if your scum you'd point out this WIFOM in an attempt to clear yourself and use Nol's alignment in your favor.

Oh, crud -- Nolder was town! Sorry, Nolder. :sad: Makes me wish I had kept my vote on Jack ...

this feels a bit forced ...

Easy. I can kill someone right now. And if they are town, revive them.

Or wait until Night. If we lynch an important Townie, I'll revive them and take votes on who we oshoukd publicly NK.

make sense?

so you can kill someone and revive someone huh?? can you revive anyone, or only the perosn you kill?

in this case, i think that Key would be good. theres alot of questions surrounding her reveal, if she's Hermy you can revive her and it will give us info on other players. if she's scum, then we will have gotten a scuma nd still get a good bit of info.

right now, i see her death as being most benefical in reguards to info minning.

I believe my successful thiefs were from AJ, Jack, and Red.

Knowing Jack had the Elder Wand, I think AJ and Red are Town, at the moment.

They could have easily stolen the items from someone else though, so I'm not giving it a very high thought.

I attempted on Nolder and Lessa.

But Nolder's death scene didn't mention him having an item like Song's did. And Alanna posted between me and Lessa, so I don't think it went through.

Ed, seeing as you've admitted to stealing my item and that you have 3 of them (one being the Elder wand) can you reveal the other two and if you have mine i'll confirm it. i have a good guess as to what items you have by process of eliminatation and because of the info you've given so far.

also, since you can kill people, and are claiming to have the elder Wand, this means Jack was a LLL concerning the info he gave reguarding the Elder Wand.

Based on Ed's claim he can revive whoever he kills, I'm guessing he has the resurrection stone -- but that's just a guess. I'm curious as to the item he has that can kill, though.

At the same time, Ed, why would you toss out the info that you have several items? It's a a good strategy, but I'm not sure I'd be doing a reveal that I could kill and revive. If you are town, I think it would have been better to use it in secret to identify potential mafia members and if you were wrong, you could revive them. It seem fishy to throw this out because you could benefit the town GREATLY if you did it all in secret and all we got was "X was killed via Y. X was town. X was revived via Z" -- but I can't claim to understand how his items work so that's all conjecture (which Jack will undoubtedly find scummy! LOL!).

I need to do a thorough re-read of today's posts because I just got confused reading red's. I think she said if key flips scum, she would be suspicious of Ty because Ty voted for key but that doesn't make sense to me. then again, I just wish all mafia games would post a glossary of abbreviations/terms so that I wouldn't have to ask for an external link in each game I play . . . can someone please define FoS and WoT for me? Maybe that will help me make heads or tails out of some of the previous posts that use the abbreviations, which might help me narrow down my suspicions enough for a vote. (I do remember WIFOM from a previous game but the other two have me stumped.)

I also need to re-read the rules again so I can get a better understanding of the thief plays.

WoT in mafia means Wall of Text. GWoT means Great Wall of Text

FoS means Finger of Suspicion, which is used to point out something a perosn finds suspicious but not enough to cast a vote over

LLL means Lying Liar who Lies and is used to point out when someoen is intentionally telling a lie

WIFOM means Wine In Front Of Me; i'll explain this if soemoene wants me too ...

Dar, i suspect Tyn for voting key not because she voted key but because she threw her vote on key after defending Nol. scum woudl know Nol woudl flip ton, they'd use this to their advantage to try and clreay theirselves. given i suspect key atm, and that Tyn voted for key over Nol; i'm suspecting her of using Nol's alignement (and keys if key flips scum) to try and clear herself later.

I'm here as well, at the beach though, so I'm a bit MiA till Monday. But I agree with what has been said so far.

And while Nolder does seem to be scummy, I don't feel right voting him or Jack. They don't seem scummy enough.

My vote is on Key cause her reveal is super suspicious to me. I feel that Nolder wasn't pressing that hard and why on earth should she reveal? Neither she nor the town was in any danger if she didn't reveal. It doesn't seem rational. Now after revealing she would be in so much more danger and as she is so seemingly casually relying on the "doctor/ healer" to rescue her, I think she's honestly not afraid of being NK (indicating scum) unless her item enables her to save herself.

this feels like postering by scum imo. seems like you knew that Nol would flip innocent and decided to use this to your benefit by alligning yourself with him and voting for Key.

if Key flips scum, be prepared for the FoS to fall directly on you because of this post.

Not once did I say that Nol was scummy. Nor was I thinking of aligning myself with him. To me the only reason he was lynched first is because he posted so much and so easily messed up what he meant to say and was seen as suspicious.

I'm only not voting Nolder so far, because I was in a thief play (will be successful if he isn't lynched) and Lol it's so exciting to play with such things for the first time that I want his item! If he had one. :tongue:

But I guess a controlled lynch is of best interest for the town. I'm hesitant to vote though as my vote will be the hammer. Unless I'm mistaken?

so you possibly could have kept us from a controlled lynch because of a Theif Play ... wow .... and this isn't scummy how??

My defense to this is that i was simply super childishly excited to have had a thief play that would be successful.

Vote Count:

Key (1) - Tynaal

Ed (1) - Jack

Charis (1) - Tina

Jack (2) - Ed, Lessa

Not Voting (8): Keyholder, Charis, Daruya, Bela, AJ, Player, Zosime, Red

Deadline is Monday @ 4PM CST. That's in 2 hours!

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Not once did I say that Nol was scummy. Nor was I thinking of aligning myself with him. To me the only reason he was lynched first is because he posted so much and so easily messed up what he meant to say and was seen as suspicious.

and yet the two underlined are direct controdictions. in the first post you claim that Nol seems scummy, and now you say you didn't call him scummy.

and i do see it as aligning yourself with him, or in better words, using his town alignement to help clear yourself. heres why

- you claim "Nol is scummy but not enough to vote for" this puts you on the fence and sets up the 'reluctant' vote later on to 'help achieve a majority' whcih allows you to say "i told you he wasn't that scummy" or "see, i didn't want to vote him" once he flips innocent. something scum do when an innocent is on the lynch ballot.

- voting for Key could go either way. you gain alot voting for her as scum reguardless of her alignment. if she's scum it helps you clear yourself even more, if shes town, you helped push a townie lynch.

i explain this so you can undertand my line of thought.

when i went back over D1 i was lookig for people who were attempting to benefit (or atleast i thought were doign so) from Nol's lynch. both by pushing for his lynch and by taking up his defense. this is what i mean by Nol's lynch was a pleathera of info.

sorry for the triple post, just realized how close the deadline is.

VOTE JACK

purely in an attempt to get a controlled lynch. though i'm tempted to go No Lynch instead; but wont be able to get back on before deadline due to having a job interview.

Archived