DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Trial Preperation

Red2111

Hello there my lovely and adoring readers, this is Rita Skeeter here as court reporter bringing you most excellent news! It seems that the world has finally decided to put the Dark Lord, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, You-Know-Who on trial! Due to the fear and chaos this might cause, the Wizengarmont has wisely decided to move this case out of our own realm in the Wizarding World to the magnificent beacon of power called the White Tower in a land called by most “Randland”.

Since we know that all of the Wizarding World can’t come to this glorious trial, they elected me to report back to you via a direct transmission from this wondrous world so you ladies and gents could be up to date on how the case is progressing. So without further ado, and because I’m getting a rather stern look from the … how do you say it … Amyarilin *inaudible whispering* I mean Head Wizengarmount; I bring you the trial of Lord Voldemort.

Bailiff: Court Docket #9120456. Humanity vs. Tom Marvolo Riddle aka Lord Voldemort.

Elgee: How does the Defendant plead?

Red: Not guilty, your honor. I move to dismiss the case on account of activities held by the Prosecutor and her affiliates against my client.

Elgee: Approach the bench, counsel.

Now see readers, this is where it gets interesting. The evidence presented by Red shows that Dar, the lead prosecutor, is non-other but a prominant member of the Order of the Phoenix and that this could skew the ruling in favor of the prosecution given how the Order has been stalking Voldemort and his alleged associates.

Elgee: After much consideration, I will not allow a dismissal; however I do agree with the defense that Dar's particular stance in the community might sway the judgement or present the basis for a miss-trial. Like the rest of you, I'm anxious to have this done with, so I will allow a brief recess for the Prosecution to adquire a new Prosecuting Attorney. Due to the uniqueness of this trial, while this Recess is enacted I shall also be asking 2 of my fellow Wizengarmonts to join me on the Judging panel; this is to ensure that the Defense has the best possible case for this trial. Court will re-convene in two days.

Yes very interesting indeed; even more interesting is that Elgee accepted this, so here's the daily scoop to all you fabtabulous readers, we here at the Daily Prophet have issued this advertisement on behalf of the Prosecutors:

Attention Wizarding World: We have exciting news! The Dark Wizard, Lord Voldemort (aka Tom Marvolo Riddle), has been captured! We will be holding a trial beginning 07/13/11. Lord Voldemort has retained Red 2111 as his defense attorney. Due to Red's objections to Daruya as prosecutor, we are opening up the floor to applications for those who wish to serve in that capacity. Please provide resumes via PM to Daruya for consideration.

As Lord Voldemoret, through his attorney, has rejected a jury of his peers, the Head of the Wizengamut will pronounce verdict and sentence. However, counsel for the defense has requested that the Wizengamut appoint two advisers to the Head of the Wizengamut to assist as needed. Resumes for these two positions should also be sent via PM to Daruya.

Due to the urgent nature of this trial (not many prisons can hold him for long), all applications must be received within the next 12 hours.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's get those resumes in, people! We can't afford a mistrial because that would loose a horrible Dark Wizard loose again on the world!

We need the best possible applicants for the prosecutor and Wizengamut advisers to apply NOW! Please do not delay! In your resume, please include your unique qualifications for the post for which you are applying and why you are the best witch or wizard for the job.

Sincerely,

Daruya

What?! Surely there are some brave witches and wizards out there who are not afraid of Voldemort and who are willing to step up and do the right thing! We can end his reign of terror so let's do this!

see, obviously the DMers knwo my client is innocent! i'm glad that atleast in Randland the premise of "innocent until proven guilty" still holds valor unlike in the Wizarding World.

on top of applying to be a judge or porsecutor, we also need people who are willing to play act as witnesses. book knowledge is a plus of course, but not a requirement for being a witness. and again, you have my word that there wont be any witness tampering or ... erm.... disapperances like the last trial :unsure: we had voldy check his wand at the door, and have that certain item under extreme security.

*Voldy glares are Red, and Red mumbles something about 'if looks could kill'* Which ofcourse is in violation of my clients rights, but thats a different case to worry about :happy: *Red takes a step away from Voldy at the mention of Nagini and Lunch*

Daily Prophet

July 12

AN INTERVIEW WITH DARUYA REGARDING THE UPCOMING TRIAL OF YOU-KNOW-WHO

by Rita Skeeter

Rita Skeeter: Good morning, all my loyal fans. I'm here with Daruya who was rejected as Lead Prosecutor in the case of Humanity vs. You-Know-Who. So tell me, Daruya, how does it feel to be denied an opportunity you had so long waited for?

Daruya: Honestly, Rita? It does bother me a bit but I have every confidence in the Prosecutor that has just been appointed by the Ministry. The appointee is an eminently qualified and well-respected member of the community whose motivation and perseverence is legendary. I have no doubt that the Prosecutor will successfully try this case and we will see a guilty verdict at its conclusion. So while I am disappointed that I will not be serving as Lead Prosecutor, I will no doubt have a large part to play in this trial.

Rita Skeeter: So you have no doubts, then, about You-Know-Who's guilt?

Daruya: Are you kidding me? We have totally unimpeachable witnesses who will testify as to the extent an horrificness of his crimes! We have decades of reports, and recorded eye-witness accounts. Granted, some of those witnesses are dead, now (killed by the defendant or his followers in an effort to keep them from testifying) but we have accurate, undeniable records that even the defense counsel cannot successfully object to! No, I'm convinced Voldemort is guilty and this case is air-tight."

Rita Skeeter: There you have it, readers. Stay tuned while I continue to report on this case as it unfolds!

Daily Prophet

July 12

AN INTERVIEW WITH RED REGARDING THE UPCOMING TRIAL OF YOU-KNOW-WHO

by Rita Skeeter

Well my vivacious readers, I know you’re on edge to know how this will turn out as it is the most important trial to date! So I can tell you honestly that I was giddy with glee when I returned home from the interview with Daruya to find none other than You-Know-Who’s Defense attorney, Red, standing on my stoop waiting for me.

Now, I know you readers might be wondering why I would even give her the time of day considering who she is defending; but here at the Prophet we consider ourselves to be unbiased and deliver a fair and balanced version of the news, leaving it up to our educated readers to make their own decision.

Skeeter: So Red, tell me; how is it you came to defend such an unpopular public figure.

Red: Well Rita, may I call you Rita?

Skeeter: Yes of course, after all we’re all friends here.

Red: Well as I was saying, as one of the highest partners at Scruggs & Dobbers, I was assigned this case. Here at Scruggs & Dobbers, we excel at bringing justice to the unjustly accused.

Skeeter: Are you saying that You-Know-Who is innocent?

Red: Certiantly our client is innocent. In fact, this case against my client is absurd! The Ministry has no evidence to prove my client is guilty of any of the accusations listed in this ambiguous “Crime against Humanity”. In fact, most of their evidence is based off hearsay rather than cold hard facts.

Skeeter: Is that so? Very interesting; our sources tell us a different story. In fact, if you go on public opinion …

Red: Well see, that’s the main difference. In today’s society there’s essentially two courts my client is facing; the Court of Public Opinion and the Court of Law. Fortunately, only one court really matter in this case, the Court of Law, and it’s in that court that my client is concerned with.

Skeeter: Very true, but wouldn’t you say that these are really the same? Wouldn’t it be in your clients’ best interest to attempt to sway public opinion to his side?

Red: Having Public Opinion on my clients side would help immensely and make this case a lot easier, of course; but if we look at this realistically, there’s no chance this could happen given the type of slander and rumors my client has had to face for the past 20 years. Most of which originated from the late Albus Dumbledore.

Skeeter: I suppose I can see where you’re coming from, when you have a prominent figure like Dumbledore speaking against you; it does tend to reflect badly on your character.

Red: Exactly! Even though we all now know the truth about Dumbledore thanks to your own ingenious reporting skills. I hear your book is still on the best seller list.

Skeeter: Why yes it is!

Red: Anyways, this is the reason why we changed venues in the first place for this court case. You see, in the Wizarding World, my client would never have received the fair trial he deserves.

Skeeter: Well this conversation with you has been very enlightening Red; but unfortunately we’ve run out of time for today! I do look forward to interviewing you again as the trial progresses and I’m sure you’ve given our readers a lot to think about.

Red: Anytime Rita and the pleasure is all mine.

So there you have it readers, from the mouth of You-Know-Who’s own laywer. Stay tuned while I continue to report on this case as it unfolds!

Daily Prophet

July 13

AN INTERVIEW WITH ELGEE REGARDING THE UPCOMING TRIAL OF YOU-KNOW-WHO

by Rita Skeeter

Rita: Good afternoon all my wonderful followers! I've managed to track down the woman who is going to preside over this sensational case! Just look at this magnificent office of hers! Let's see what titbits we can find out from her. So DO tell us, Elgee, are you excited to be involved in the case of such a famous person?

Elgee: (no response)

Rita: Uhm ... maybe I should speak a bit louder - I heard she's quite elderly. ELGEE, ARE YOU EXCITED TO BE INVOLVED IN THE CASE OF ...

Elgee: *Jumps, looks up in bewilderment then quickly Weaves a Flow of Air and Earth over the weird woman's mouth to silence her.* No need to scream like that! Who are you? How did you get in here?

Rita: *Muffled sounds*

Elgee: You're too old to be a new novice. Or did we change the rules again? Go ask Adella. *Goes back to studying the letter in her hand intently.*

Elgee: *Looks up* Huh?

Elgee: *Sighs* Can't you speak properly? Honestly, are we letting just ANYbody in these days? Mirsh! Mirsh!! Drat, that woman's raiding the kitchens again. Well make yourself useful and bring me some tea, child. Oh and get yourself into proper whites before Adella sees you, ok? Oh and also you have to call me Mother or I'll stripe your bottom. Thanks. *Goes back to studying the letter.*

Rita: *Bangs on table with her fist, still making muffled sounds.*

Elgee: WHAT?! ... Oh. Right. Oops. *Lets the Muzzle Weave dissipate.* Now shoo shoo. *Goes back to studying the letter.*

Rita: As I was SAYING! I'm Rita Skeeter and I'm here to ...

Elgee: Yes yes go speak to Adella and she'll test you to see if it's worth writing your name in the novice book.

Rita: TO INTERVIEW YOU!

Elgee: *Winces* Child, you really should learn not to shriek like that. You're here to what? Interview? What's that? Who ARE you?

Rita: I'M.RITA.SKEETER.FROM.THE.DAILY.PROPHET.AN...

Elgee: Oh shame you're one of Masema's bunch? Well don't try any of your tricks here, girl. Did Faile really slice him from ear to ear? Always thought that girl had potential. Pity she can't learn to channel. But that'll teach him to try and mess with a Saldaean woman's man. *nods* Anyhoo, go get me some tea now. And biscuits. The buttery kind, mind you.

Rita: AND.I'M.HERE.TO.INTERVIEW.YOU.AB...

Elgee: What's this interview thing you keep speaking of?

Rita: It's for the news!

Elgee: Huh? Like a town crier? You certainly have the lungs for it. A bit on the screechy side, though. You should go take lessons from a gleeman. I'm sure there must be quite a few in Town. Just go to some of the Inns.

Rita: ABOUT.HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED!!!!!

Elgee: Huh? The Dark One? Go ask my Keeper - I'm busy.

Rita: ... you have a keeper?

Elgee: What? Of course I have a Keeper! I'm the Amyrlin. No one ever sees me without my Keeper present. Well not unless you're one of my Bondeds, of course. Or maybe an Ajah Head. But they shouldn't, really. Which reminds me - she's not here so you're not supposed to see me. Go away now. Oh and bring me my flaming tea and biscuits.

Rita: *opens mouth then pauses as a voice thunders from outside:*

ELGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Elgee: *Jumps up* Oh crap that's Mystica. Must have spotted the Pink at last. Buttered bloody onions! *Opens a gateway to the Warder's Yard." I'm outa here!

To all Aes Sedai of the White Tower

About the Recent Furor over a Trial from Another Realm

Dear Sisters,

I’ve been asked quite often recently how it is that a sensational trial from another realm will be held here in Tar Valon.

As a Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah, it is almost without thought that I seek out causes and strive to right wrongs. On an occasion recently where I stumbled across a Brown studying portal stones, the portal stone was accidentally triggered, sending me to this other realm and I ended up in a city called London, in a quaint place called Diagon Alley. It was there that I saw a mere pittance of the devastation that this Lord Voldemort had wreaked upon this strange realm. True to my nature, I sought information which led me to something called The Ministry of Magic. Upon meeting with the Minister there, and learning of the difficulties they’d been experiencing in holding a trial there, I rather rashly offered the White Tower’s services in holding a trial for this so-called Lord Voldemort.

Upon my return from the strange realm, I immediately reported to the Amyrlin Seat all that I had seen and done and, with only a minimal penance set for me for not conferring with her before offering her services as judge, she agreed to honor the obligation under which I had placed the White Tower.

I, of course, having seen the devastation this Tom Riddle had wreaked upon his world, immediately offered to serve as Prosecutor; unfortunately, my serving in that capacity was protested by defense counsel for spurious reasons. However, I have been retained as Assistant by the Lead Prosecutor in this case, whom you will no doubt learn of soon.

It is my belief that we serve the Light in helping the people who call themselves witches and wizards, as well the muggles of whom they speak (some affectionately, some disparagingly). To turn our backs on them would be to serve the Dark One. Not all causes for the Light exist solely in our world; other worlds are also struggling with evil. I truly believe the Creator caused the portal stone to deliver me to Diagon Alley so that He could help to right the wrongs the people there had suffered!

This is how this somewhat sensational trial came to be held here in Tar Valon and now the peoples of two realms hold their breath for justice to be done.

In the Light,

Daruya Sedai

Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah

Head of the Blue Ajah

Official Slapper of the Amyrlin Seat

July 13

AN INTERVIEW WITH MYSTICA REGARDING THE UPCOMING TRIAL OF YOU-KNOW-WHO

by Rita Skeeter

Dear Reader,

As you could read in article AN INTERVIEW WITH ELGEE REGARDING THE UPCOMING TRIAL OF YOU-KNOW-WHO, my interview with the Head Judge was cut short as she jumped through a whole in thin air to flee someone called Mystica. After much effort on my part, not without danger to my very life, I finally found out who this Mystica person is. Turns out that she is none other than the Lead Prosecutor in You-Know-Who's trial! Naturally the first question to pop in to my mind was, can this woman offer a fair case in the wizengamot or is she so used to terrorizing people that she will dismiss even the most innocent evidence from the defence out of hand? Given the reaction of the leader of these so-called Aes Sedai towards the prosecutor, the signs are not in favor of a fair trial at all. But don't let me guide your judgement, dear reader. You can read the interview I've had with her and make up your own mind.

Skeeter: "Good morning! I hear you have been assigned to the position of Lead Prosecutor! Would you mind telling my readers your opinion on the case? No? Wonderful!

Mystica: "Who are you?"

Skeeter: "Goodness me, I keep forgetting you muggles don't know about me!!" *cackle* "Rita Skeeter, Prime Journalist of the Daily Prophet!"

Mystica: "You follow the Prophet? How did you get in here?"

Skeeter: "Who is this prophet person? I keep hearing about him. He sounds intriguing!"

Mystica: "If you follow the prophet, child, it won't matter how you got in here. You won't be leaving without a full investigation in to your involvement of his torturous activities. If it turns out that you were an active follower...." she smiled, "well... let's not spoil the surprise, shall we?"

Note from the reporter: as you can see, dear reader, this woman is quick to judge and threaten.

Skeeter: "Anyway, Mystica, what is your stance on the upcoming trial on You-Know-Who? Do you believe he's guilty of the crimes laid before him?"

Mystica: ...

Skeeter: "It's alright dear, you can speak freely with me. I am known for my unbiased and truthfull accounts of events in the world. Everyone knows this! Why, I was just telling Elgee that,... "

Myst moved faster than a striking viper and had the women up in Air, upside down and gagged before she finished closing her mouth.

Mystica: "The Head of the Blues warned me about you, girl. You have been harrassing Sisters ever since you arrived and walked the Tower as though it were your own back yard. Leniance is made for the ignorant, but leniance will only take you so far. When it comes to our Amyrlin Seat, you will show proper respect and address her as Mother at all times! She is NEVER to be just Elgee to the likes of you!. Do I make myself clear?"

She removed the gag from Rita's mouth, but kept her hanging as she was.

Skeeter: "So does this mean you think Who-Know-Who is guilty?"

Quick to threaten, but apparently quick to act violently as well, dear readers. Things are getting gloomier and gloomier as we speak, I fear. What was the Minister of Magic thinking, appointing this woman?! I was lucky to escape her presence with my skin attached to my body. I'm afraid, dear followers, that there probably won't be any further interviews from the side of the prosecution, in order to prevent you from losing your most beloved reporter for all time. There's no telling what this woman would do! If you ask me, she should be the one on trial.

The Blue Ajah

The White Tower

July 16

The Amyrlin Seat

Elgee Sedai

The White Tower

Tar Valon

Dear Mother,

It has come to my attention that the various Ajah members, Warders, and aspirants here in the White Tower have shown a decided lack of response to the upcoming trial of this so-called Lord Voldemort, over which you are presiding. Forasmuch as the honor of the White Tower is at stake through this trial, this matter concerns all of us and should be followed closely by all. To date, I have received no queries as to what is going on and where the trial stands and I find this concerning. I haven't even had to field any "Are you people nuts? Holding a trial like that here?!" responses from the Warders which is what I expected to hear from them.

Due to this lack of regard for what is happening in our world, I am writing to you in hopes that you will be able to pass a decree to rectify this error on their part.

Sincerely,

Daruya Sedai

Head of the Blue Ajah

The Watcher of Seals

The Flame of Tar Valon

The Amyrlin Seat

Elgee Sedai

I have recently heard that Tom Marvolo Riddle, a being who has committed crimes in another world, is in the custody of the White Tower for the purpose of standing trial on a variety of charges. As Lord Captain Commander of the Children of Light I submit to you that I should be a part of the judging panel for this criminal so that he is judged fairly under the Light. As a judge on the panel, I shall ensure that all evidence will be heard in an unbiased manner and will be judged its merits alone.

Galad Damodred

Lord Captain Commander of the Children of the Light

A WHITECLOAK? A Whitecloak wants to come to Tar Valon and sit in judgment over Voldemort? The Light have mercy on us all!

Oooops! I'd better put this back before Mother finds out I've been reading her mail . . .

*reseals the letter with the One Power and slides it back into the stack on Elgee's desk before slipping out the door*

Message delivered by special voice recording ter'angreal from the UK Prime Minister's Office to the Amyrlin's Office, The White Tower, Tar Valon, Randland

*static*

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on? What's wrong with email for goodness sake? Can this day get any stranger? Are you sure I need to be there? ... I'm supposed to be running the country and I've got a talking picture sending me to who knows where ... Ok, ok, yes it's very important. I said that I would do it didn't I?

*Speaks loudly and slowly*

Hello. This is the Prime Minister of Great Britain. I just thought I would confirm that I've spoken to the MoM people and they've said that I need to be there for this Trial, although they've been quite sketchy about the details. Something about Wizards Murdering Dumbledore (WMD?)

Apparently you can arrange for transport to the White Tower? If you can send a car round that would be great.

I'm not entirely comfortable with all this, I have to say, but at least it can't be any worse than all the usual 'magic' problems that have been occurring here of late.

Hopefully you can fill me in on the details when I get there.

*static*

How do I turn this thing off? ... What button? ... I can't see a red button. The far left? That's not red - its more PINK. Ok ... I've got it.

*more static ... Message ends*

*Elgee trudged into her office wearily very early in the morning, craving her Kaf. It was really really early - only just past 10am. Practically still night time, really. She slumped into her chair and stared balefully at the stack of letters piled on her desk as she waited for some lazy ar ... very kind novice to bring her some Kaf. One letter in particular caught her eye. Not only was it lying right on top, therefore making it easy to catch her eye, but it was lying slightly off centre. On top of that, the flaming early morning sun chose that moment to blaze forth right across her desk and caper gleefully over the blinding whiteness of the letter. Wincing, Elgee picked it up to move it somewhere else, then out of pure boredom decided to open it.*

The Watcher of Seals

The Flame of Tar Valon

The Amyrlin Seat

Elgee Sedai

I have recently heard that Tom Marvolo Riddle, a being who has committed crimes in another world, is in the custody of the White Tower for the purpose of standing trial on a variety of charges. As Lord Captain Commander of the Children of Light I submit to you that I should be a part of the judging panel for this criminal so that he is judged fairly under the Light. As a judge on the panel, I shall ensure that all evidence will be heard in an unbiased manner and will be judged its merits alone.

Galad Damodred

Gnuh?? Why did people have to write so SMALL! *Elgee squinted at the letter, making out only about half of it.* Say what?? A WHITECLOAK wanted to come to the Tower?? All by himself? Without being summoned?? *She tried to make out the name, but all she could see was the title.* Wowee ... that's a loooong title. Almost as long as mine! Must be old Pedron Nial himself! The Warders would go spare.

*Feeling slightly miffy because her Kaf had not yet arrived, Elgee did a thing she might or might not regret later on - she wrote a quick reply giving him permission to attend the trial and serve as a judge on the panel. She stamped it with her seal and folded it closed. NOT YET HAVING RECEIVED HER MORNING KAF *cough cough hint hint*, she forgot to heat the wax to seal it properly.*

YO ACCEPTED! *she hollered at the top of her voice for the girl/boy standing in attendance in her waiting room.* There should be a Whitecloak messenger floating around somewhere. Go give this to him.

Dear Lord Captain Commander of the Whitecloaks
It pleases us to allow you to enter the hallowed halls of the White Tower. Your extreme age will hopefully bring some wisdom to this trial, and it therefore also pleases us to bestow the unspeakable honour of assistant judge on you. You may bring an entourage of no more than 100 with you. These are the rules - abide by them or face the wrath of the Amyrlin and the White Tower. (And Snarly.) :

1) No killling any peeps

2) Clean your boots before you come in

3) No spitting

4) Bring your own Kaf

Yours under the Light
Elgee Sedai
Amyrlin, etc

ps: If you bring me some extra Kaf, you may taunt the Warders. Just no making them cry, mkay? thanks.

With Amyrlin's shout,Bela jumped. "Sure,Mother" she said,curtsying and taking the message.There was no time to wonder what,for the sake of bloody sheeps,a Whitecloak was doing in the White Tower!She hurried to find a Whitecloak somewhere. That was when...

"Hey girl! Where is that doomed court? I must be late!"

She was an odd-looking woman in pinks. Bela thought she was just looking like a frog.

"Do you want an appointment with an Aes Sedai? Sorry i need to deliver a mes-"

"What is an Aes-whatever? I am late for court,do you hear me??"

Bela didnt like this woman. She thought she could order her around-why,she wasnt looking like an Aes Sedai either.

"Who are you??"

"I am Umbrigde." Umbrigde? What kind of a mother would name her kid Umbridge??

"Good,now get out of my way,i am busy."

Umbridge took out a funny looking stick and started to threaten her with it. "Look,girl i can-"

Bela couldnt resist laughing. "You want to beat me with that,old woman?"

"Old woman?! I will show you the old woman,you!!"

She moved her hand with the stick in a rather amusing way. Nothing happened. Bela was laughing so hard she began to shed tears.

"Is that all you can do?" She lifted her with the Air weaves and sticked her to the wall. Now she should have done her duty. She hoped she wouldnt make Amyrlin mad with being this late for delivery...

*Fnorrll felt uneasy about something that morning as he worked the forms from dusk until sunrise, his favourite time to do so. The Yards were quiet and the air cool.

It was that funny feeling at the back of his neck he always got before trouble began. A younger soldier would likely ignore it, either that or put too much stock in it, but Fnorrll knew how to read such things, and his mind worked ashardas his body flew through the forms, looking over the past days events for any clue as to what it could be.

He stopped without slowing, simply snapping into a finsl form, perfectly balanced, then flung his training lathe in a corner and broke out into a trot, scooping up his tunic and sword belt as he went.

He made his way quickly to where the prisoner from the other world was being held, and checked the Guards he had placed. 2 Manshima, 2 skilled Algai stood guard, with a couple of sisters for help. Nodding a salute at them, he felt a little foolish standing there with his shirt in one hand, sheathed sword in the other, feet bare.

And yet he had been sure the feeling had been connected to this man, somehow.

Next most likely port of call, he thought with a grimace. He made his way quickly to the Amyrlins study. On the way he glanced out of a window, and checked the height of the sun. His mouth tightened as he realised the time of day, and he detoured via the kitchen to grab a huge pot of kaf. He wrapped it in his shirt to keep from burning his hands, slinging his sword belt over his shoulder.

As he approached the Amyrlins study, he saw an Accepted pass off a note to a messenger in a white cloak. He frowned. That wasnt any tower guard he recognised...as the man turned, he saw a blazing sun on the back of the cloak and his jaw dropped.

Taking a quick left turn he screeched into the Amyrlins office.

"Motherrrrrrrrrr!!! What have you done?!?" he snarled as he entered. He quickly began pouring all the Kaf into Elgees mouth. He needed her...sober, was a good word to describe it. When her eyes flicked angrily at him, he knew she had taken enough.

"Your morning Kaf, mother." he said, pouring another cup and handing it to her with a bow, as if nothing had happened. "Light illumine you this good morning, mother. If it pleases you to answer, what happened with the whitecloak messenger this morning?" hurriedly he remembered to put on his creased, kaf stained shirt.

*Blinking her eyes, Elgee felt the world swimming into focus.* Damn ... and I was having such a pleasant morning so far. Oh hello there, Fnorry ... nice shirt you're not wearing. *She winked suggestively at the Master of Arms, then blinked again as the words which had entered her ears a while ago finally knocked loudly enough on her brain to engage her attention.*

Done, what did I do? I've not done a damn thing except sit here waiting for someone to bring me my OH THANKS! *Grabbing the cup of Kaf, she almost took a sip before realising there was no cream in it. She gave Snarly a very level look but decided to not say anything as he really looked very cute without his shirt on. Floating the cup over to her tea trolley with a weave of Air, she added some cream and honey, then floated it back to her hand. The first sip brought a sigh of contentment and a slight flush to her cheeks. Knowing her well enough by now, Snarly didn't say a word until she had finished the last delicious sip.*

So you were saying something ... Whitecloak messenger? What the flaming light is a Whitecloak doing in the Tower? Who let him in?? *Outraged, she slammed her fist down on her desk, where it hit a particularly bright white letter. Something tugged at the back of her brain. Face carefully blank, she lifted the letter up and peered at it. Aahh ... oh dear.*

Uhm nothing important it was just that old Pedron wants to be part of the judging council thingy for that person who's name we're not supposed to mention and I thought it would be a good idea to allow it because ... uhm ... then there's more people for that horrible Rita woman to interview! Did you know she calls herself a Witch? Don't you think it would be a brilliant idea to let the Whitecloaks deal with her? *Elgee shifted nervously in her seat as Snarly's face turned redder and redder. *

Luckily a very loud hissing sound issued from the corner of her desk. With relief Elgee grabbed the strange Ter'Angreal (another one that Dar had given to her - drat the woman) and pressed buttons randomly on the stupid thing. She dropped it on her desk in surprise as a voice suddenly boomed:

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on? What's wrong with email for goodness sake? Can this day get any stranger? Are you sure I need to be there? ... I'm supposed to be running the country and I've got a talking picture sending me to who knows where ... Ok, ok, yes it's very important. I said that I would do it didn't I?

*Speaks loudly and slowly*

Hello. This is the Prime Minister of Great Britain. I just thought I would confirm that I've spoken to the MoM people and they've said that I need to be there for this Trial, although they've been quite sketchy about the details. Something about Wizards Murdering Dumbledore (WMD?)

Apparently you can arrange for transport to the White Tower? If you can send a car round that would be great.

I'm not entirely comfortable with all this, I have to say, but at least it can't be any worse than all the usual 'magic' problems that have been occurring here of late.

Hopefully you can fill me in on the details when I get there.

*Elgee looked at the thing, then looked at Snarly. His face was an interesting shade of puce. *

Uhm ... what's a "car"?

*She leant back in her chair as Snarly lunged forward and planted his fists on her desks. From the corner of her eye she spotted her skirts moving. Holding up a hand to stop whatever Snarly was going to scream at her, she carefully pulled her skirts up with the other hand. Her eyebrow rose, and she looked back up at Snarly with a carefully angelic expression on her face.* One of yours, I believe? *She took the proffered cup of coffee and took a sip of it, leaning back casually and swinging her foot, by chance rhythmically kicking Ed in the head.*

Dear Lord Captain Commander of the Whitecloaks
It pleases us to allow you to enter the hallowed halls of the White Tower. Your extreme age will hopefully bring some wisdom to this trial, and it therefore also pleases us to bestow the unspeakable honour of assistant judge on you. You may bring an entourage of no more than 100 with you. These are the rules - abide by them or face the wrath of the Amyrlin and the White Tower. (And Snarly.) :

1) No killling any peeps

2) Clean your boots before you come in

3) No spitting

4) Bring your own Kaf

Yours under the Light
Elgee Sedai
Amyrlin, etc

ps: If you bring me some extra Kaf, you may taunt the Warders. Just no making them cry, mkay? thanks.

Accepts the letter from the messenger he sent to the White Tower and reads it. Scratches his head in confusion. Extreme old age?

The Watcher of Seals

The Flame of Tar Valon

The Amyrlin Seat

Elgee Sedai

Thank you for accepting my offer. I shall be bringing 50 men with me and that is all. I shall also make sure that I bring you the Kaf you require.

Galad Damodred

Hands the letter to the messenger, along with orders to have 50 men ready to leave for the White Tower in 15 mins along with the rules the Amyrlin sent.

*Fnorrll worked hard on keeping his voice level. "how...many...whitecloaks...did you let in...mother?" he said, chewing off each word.

"Ed- get out from there. Run to the gates and tell them i want a full squad of Guard waiting for our visitors. Let those whitecloaks in but dont let them out of your sight!!!"*

Stands outside of Tar Valon, looking up at the White Tower. Thanks Elayne that she was able to have one of the Kin make a gateway. Turns to the men he brought with him.

Stay here and don't enter the city. I'm going alone. No. Holds up a hand I'm going alone.

Turns and rides toward the city. Nods to the guards and Warder.

Lead on. The Amyrlin is expecting me.

Archived