DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Memory of Light cover art

scholtzmj

I came across this image on the site and think it would be a totally awesome real cover for the book. (Obviously minus the humorous "gay pride" add-in character.) I was wondering if this is a legit cover prototype with the leather clad man shopped in? Even if it is not an official cover or whatever I would love to have a version of this image without the YMCA member available. I browsed google and such with no luck. Any help or insight is appreciated!

gallery_15204_33_180690.jpg

It's a beautiful picture without the YMCA guy. I love that whoever it was even made the ground underneath Rand's feet growing grass. But seriously, doesn't Sweet have the contract to do the last one just as he's done all the others?

You're right Ed, with YMCA it's hilarious.

Thanks for the info. For the record, I agree it is not as spectacular looking as some of the ebook covers. However, it is more in a Darrell Sweet style while being more appealing and exciting than his usual work. I'm sure in the end, unfortunately, we will get some whacked out disproportional Ken-doll Rand sipping tea with a painted-up floozy looking version of Min or Elayne or whoever. BLARG.

From what I've been told, DKS has already begun work on the final cover. I've heard they plan to rerelease the series with different covers after it's completed. But for now, Sweet remains the official cover artist.

There's no way I'm not buying AMoL's DKS cover version to complete the series in that cover style (they're all the paperback versions). Depending on how new cover art looks I would seriously consider getting all of them too.

There's no way I'm not buying AMoL's DKS cover version to complete the series in that cover style (they're all the paperback versions). Depending on how new cover art looks I would seriously consider getting all of them too.

I'm thinking about getting all the ebooks just for the cover art. :)

I bought ToM online, my first e-book ever, and found the improved cover art. That made me jump immediately and get KoD (I read my friend's hardcover originally) just to get the better art rather than wait for my local bookstore to get the paperback.

My favourite part of it is the banner of the Red Hand. The way I always imagined it was stupid, and this actually looks pretty bad ass.

Indeed ! The other "badass" way I had imagined it is resembling the Uruk-hai white hand in Peter Jackson's LOTR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived