DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BATE: Travel Tunes

13 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite genre when it comes to travel music?

Travel Tunes

Most of us, if not all of us use it. Travel music! Whether you're strutting to the store jamming to some lady gaga, or on the subway just passing some time with some Rolling Stones. What travel music do you prefer?When and where do you usually use it?

I have a myriad of travel music I enjoy to listen to. Truthfully it all depends on my mood- if I want to walk down the street and make sure no one gets in my way, I listen to Disturbed.. If I just got a great grade and I'm on my way home in the bus, I'll most likely be listening to Arctic Monkeys or Dubstep.. What about you?

Yay another Disturbed fan! :biggrin:

Now this is all theoretical, since I don't listen to music while travelling by foot, train or plane, and I don't drive so don't get to pick the music in the car. But, if I could, I would listen to metal and rock.

I voted Country and Other.

Ok, so I love to listen to country music while I am driving. Country music and Oldies (Oldies but Goodies...Elgee might have been around then. XD Temptations, Brenda and the Tabulations, Brenton Woods, Diana Ross, etc etc).

But, when I was younger, I went with a friend's family twice up to Utah. They had a beautiful cabin up there in a wooded area. There was a whole community of cabins, and the wildlife was in abundance, and the scenery was amazing. Basically, it was epic. Anywho, on a certain stretch of road when we were almost there, we'd listen to Prince. Little Red Corvette, Raspberry Beret, I Would Die For You.

Disclaimer: If there is a random song on of a random genre, I listen to it too. But I pretty much stick to Country or Oldies.

Rock, pop and other for me!

When i'm driving, I like to listen to road music. Not sure what that is exactly and can't even give an example off hand, but it's the type of music that gives me a good feeling about being 'out there'. Lame explanation, I know, and can mean anything, but that's the point. It is anything and different for each person, since each person has their own music that gives them that feeling.

make sense? :unsure:

Ok, so I love to listen to country music while I am driving. Country music and Oldies (Oldies but Goodies...Elgee might have been around then. XD Temptations, Brenda and the Tabulations, Brenton Woods, Diana Ross, etc etc).

... I'm old, but I have better taste in music *angel face*

But I totally get what you and Myst are saying: "good oldies" know no boundaries. One of my favourite roadtrip songs is "you picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel Lucille". Purely for the hilarity value :biggrin:

>_>

<_<

*sticks tongue out and pouts*

>_>

<_<

*sticks tongue out and pouts*

Hehe, we all have our different tastes in music :P I myself can't stand country, but if it's a good catchy tune, I'll find myself humming along. >_> You didn't hear it from me, though. My friends would never let me hear the end of it. :biggrin: Oldies, definitely the goodies. Although I don't listen to them when I'm travelling unless it's in the subway, I'll listen to The Beatles when me and the girlfriend are picnicking.

I'm all about Metallica, Arctic Monkeys, Metric and now, Twin Atlantic. Music is all about mood for me. Mae could tell you easily that I need to change it up a bit. And I will! Variety is good. I just need to hear some more good music. OH! And I very much enjoy classical. It's a beautiful thing. :]

I voted rock, pop, metal and other!

I tend to mostly listen to the radio whenever I'm driving somewhere, because otherwise I want to switch songs all the time. Not as easy to do that when you're listening to the radio.

I always bring my iPod whenever I'm flying somewhere but I almost never listen to music while on them. They're too loud or something.

Hmm, for some reason I don't like the radio.. Probably because I'm picky, and I know theres more music on a CD or MP3 that I own that I'll like more than whatevers on the radio.. plus, no pesky commercials about laser-hair removal. :tongue:

I'm definitely a rock fan, though I love techno too - to keep me up and awake *lol*.

Sometimes I like the radio, but really only if it's somewhere I know well (like when I visit my mom) or a weather problem. Other than that it's hard to listen to the radio on a trip because you have to change it so often. Generally what hubby and I do is plug in one of our iPods (whoever is driving gets to choose the music). That way we have days worth of music to keep us entertained.

Sometimes we listen to comedy shows or podcasts also.

I like some audiobooks, but I've also had some I don't like. The HP books are phenomenal on CD and the Dresden files are awesome too (read by James Marsters, Spike from Buffy).

Sometimes we listen to comedy shows or podcasts also.

Comedy shows, eh? I like to listen to the comedian Dane Cook when I travel, hes crazy good! :P

Wow, Rock n' roll is winning on the poll that was casted above, you guys just keep suprising me. :biggrin:

Archived