DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BATE: Most Popular Tourist Destinations

Okay, so, being the curious Brown that we all know I am, I wanted to do a search to see what everyone thinks are the most common tourist destinations and why. So, please go ahead and nominate your cities and tell me why you believe it to be a common touristy destination! Once we have about 15 or 16 (that should be an attainable number of cities methinks), we will begin either a poll or a knockout thread to determine which is the most touristy city in the world!

So.....

GGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tourist Destinations:

1. Paris

2. London

3. Tokyo

4. Hong Kong

5. Orlando

6. New York City

7. Sydney

8. Los Angeles, California

9. Toronto

10. Rome

11. Greece (specific city?)

12. Cairo

13. Hawaii (specific city/island?)

14. Ireland (specific city?)

15. Scotland (specific city?)

16. Cape Town, South Africa

17. Seattle, Washington

18. Germany (castle hopping)

19. Panama City, Beach, Florida

20. New Orleans, Louisiana

Round One

1. Paris, France vs New Orleans, Louisiana

2. London, England vs Panama City Beach, Florida

3. Tokyo, Japan vs Germany castles

4. Hong Kong, China vs Seattle, Washington

5. Cape Town, South Africa vs Orlando, Florida

6. Scotland vs New York City, New York

7. Ireland (Dublin) vs Sydney, Australia

8. Hawaii (Honolulu) vs Las Angeles, California

9. Toronto, Canada vs Cairo, Egypt

10. Rome, Italy vs Greece

11. Bali, Indonesia vs Charleston, South Carolina

Round Two

1. Paris, France vs T.B.D.

2. London, England vs. T.B.D.

3. Tokyo, Japan vs. TBD

4. Germany castles vs. T.B.D.

All about the world?

Let's see, my guesses (because I've never been to any other country than the US [where I live] and Canada) are:

Paris

London

NYC

Orlando (DisneyWorld)

Hong Kong

Tokyo

(not in any order)

That's a good start! I've added Sydney, Los Angeles and Toronto.

I'll let some others stop by and give some before I fill it out some more and hopefully get the knockout part started tonight!

Panama City Beach, FL

vfiles29927.jpg

Because we have so many dang wonderful tourists! We have Spring Break (college spring break is . . . well, there are no words to describe what it's like), Thunder Beach (bring on the Harleys!), and during the winter we have "snow birds" (mostly Canadians), escaping from the rigors of the frozen North!

Ummmm . . . for myself, though, I'd love to go back to Germany and go castle-hopping: Burg Eltz, King Ludwig's chateau at Chiemsee, and all those others of which I can't remember the names. Here is Burg Eltz:

burg-eltz.jpg

And here is Ludwig's castle/chateau at Chiemsee:

king-ludwigs-castle-chiemsee-bavaria-germany-n11-vienna.jpg

Scotland

Ireland

Hawaii

Egypt (Cairo)

Australia

Greece

These are just places I've always wanted to go. London is on my list too, tho!

Definitely places that I want to go too! I just tried to think of a few that would be popular, but didn't want to hog all the fun *g* so I left some things off my list.

Also, WATCH OUT SEATTLE - Keyholder incoming in 2 months....

Scotland

Ireland

Hawaii

Egypt (Cairo)

Australia

Greece

These are just places I've always wanted to go. London is on my list too, tho!

Definitely places that I want to go too! I just tried to think of a few that would be popular, but didn't want to hog all the fun *g* so I left some things off my list.

Also, WATCH OUT SEATTLE - Keyholder incoming in 2 months....

First off Em...yeah not shocked that you and I want to go to the same places. Second.....Seattle won't know what hit it. *ggls* I'll be sure to take you downtown the Woodland Park Zoo is world famous so if you like Zoo's I'll have to drag you down there. :)

Awesome pics guys!

And if I could get any specific city suggestions for some of those countries in my list that would be great!

Keep them coming though! I'll be around for at least five more hours before we change it into a knockout thread :biggrin: That means all of these cities are gonna compete to be the most desired tourist destination of the white tower!!

How could WoT lovers not mention Charleston, South Carolina? Full of rich history, amazing food, fun beaches, gorgeous plantations, AND Charleston was the home of RJ himself. The birthplace of WoT (we take all the credit, that is) should certainly be on the list for great touristy places.

charleston.jpg

Bali.

Stunningly beautiful, amazingly friendly people, a rich cultural life...Indonesias most famous island has something for everyone. Diving in coral reefs, surfing, chilling on the beach, go shopping for handcrafted silverware, carved wood or batik, go for a trek in the rainforest, go clubbing, enjoy some fo the most innovatie performance art in the world, feed your spiritual self by visiting any of a myriad hindu temples, or find a celebration to the local gods...But don't forget to eat, fresh fish and locally produced vegetables are always on the menu.

11.jpg

17.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EXzfpS6WK4

So, now it's time to determine DM's most popular tourist destination!

Below are the first three ties of Round One:

The love city of the world, known for its great food and the Eiffel Tower compared to the historic French center of New Orleans rich in culture and music.

To me, one of the most popular abroad destinations unless you already there, against a luxurious beach city.

The busy Japanese streets filled culture and authentic food versus the breathtaking castles found all over Germany, both in mountains and valleys.

So, now it's time to determine DM's most popular tourist destination!

Below are the first three ties of Round One:

The love city of the world, known for its great food and the Eiffel Tower compared to the historic French center of New Orleans rich in culture and music.

To me, one of the most popular abroad destinations unless you already there, against a luxurious beach city.

The busy Japanese streets filled culture and authentic food versus the breathtaking castles found all over Germany, both in mountains and valleys.

Paris, London, Tokyo

1. Paris

2. London

3. Oy. Um. Both? Okay okay. Uh. Tokyo. (I seriously changed this answer back and forth about 10 times lol)

1. Paris

2. London

3. Germany castles

1. New Orleans - I've always wanted to go down there and I honestly don't have a huge desire to see Paris

2. London - Been there once and would so totally again, but with more time to see everything!!

3. Germany Castles - saw a few castles in Italy and I'd love to see more!!

Any more votes? I'll give another few hours before i get the next few ties up :biggrin:

Archived