Jump to content


Photo

New Hampshire GOP Debate


  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Stitch

Stitch
  • Members
  • 321 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

There have not really been any conservative politicians (let alone strong Presidential candidates) in that time period... those that call themselves conservative are usually just social conservatives, rather than truly conservative across the board. So I think it is difficult to make the argument that a true conservative wouldn't do well in California... what are the ISSUES that are of major interest to the Californian voters? How well do the GOP candidates match those issues?

*Shrugs* But like I said, if it is simply a case that the media doesn't see ANY GOP result in California to be worth covering then thats okay.

Fav Quote of the Week:

"In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool." Lord Chesterfield


#42 chuckievi

chuckievi

    Debates & Discussions Mod

  • Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:32 AM

So you don't think that either Bush or Bob Dole can be classified as conservative or strong Presidential candidates? Hell out of the 3 there were 3 Presidential terms served...

#43 Stitch

Stitch
  • Members
  • 321 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

Bush Snr maybe (and he WON California once - though not the second time); Jnr no, not a true conservative

Prior to you mentioning him I didn't really have any idea who Dole was (remember I am not an American); however upon reading up a little on him he seems more a pro-war moderate in conservative clothes (as are many so called conservatives) with a few little gives for the true conservatives such as spending cuts (the tax cut promises are so common they cannot be called conservative or not) as such he performed reasonably well in California in terms of districts http://en.wikipedia....scountymap2.PNG Though the vote count itself was a little more pronounced in favour of the democrats (D 5,119,835 R 3,828,380)

EDIT:
Okay then... according to the http://www.2012presi...ebate-schedule/ there are debates to come which are scheduled for the following states and their voting records since 1992 (info from http://uselectionatlas.org/)
Spoiler

Now from what I can see, for the most part the states selected lean towards republicans to one degree or another significantly more than the USA average, in addition, the democrats benefited from a surge in 1996 (to keep Clinton) and in 2008 (to get rid of the republicans) so the results from those years are less reliable; of the remaining states, most have quite limited college votes (with the exception of CA, FL and MI) though the total is 125 (of which 55 is CA)

However if we are merely looking at those that have previously been inclined to vote republican or have a slim margin of victory... then you are discounting CA; which has 55 votes compared to 70 votes which is EVERY other state in the sample put together.

Given the massive swings we have seen for presidents Clinton and Obama in these generally republican states, even the larger margins of CA seem well within reach for a strong candidate that appeals to voters.


For Paul:
For Paul to win CA in the straw polls shows his support within the repubican membership there not for the people as a whole; however, his much more conservative, small government message (compared to any of the other candidates) may deter some republicans while attracting some democrats; the question is how many republican voters would be deterred from voting republican while how many democrat (and other) voters would be attracted to vote republican for Paul... I dont know; but I think the balance would be in his favour. So I would see a Paul victory in CA as very significant (compared to say Romney or Perry).

If he is to be taken seriously by the GOP and media, strong performances in FL and MI are a must - otherwise any ground he gains will likely be dismissed as inconsequential; though MI would be a lesser victory for him in the GOP given its Democratic leanings in the states selected for debates, despite being considerably more republican leaning than the average state - therefore for Paul, I think FL is key, so his performance in Orlanda just past (where his performance was probably not as good as it could have been at about 10.4% - though Cain's results there were unusually strong, so I am inclined to say that results for the other candidates including Paul are probably weaker than they would have otherwise been) and in Tampa early next year are pivotal.

Edited by Stitch, 29 September 2011 - 10:44 PM.

Fav Quote of the Week:

"In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool." Lord Chesterfield


#44 Stitch

Stitch
  • Members
  • 321 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

Up/Down indicates whether I felt that this particular performance has favourably affected my perception of them (Up) or negatively (Down) and will indicate a single word to identify the reason for this; alternatively it will state (Stable) if my impression has not altered.
Ranking indicates which I would vote for out of those that took part, a combination of my previous perception and heavily weighted by this particular debate.

Bachman
>> Performance - 4/10 - often went off topic, answers were vague and often little more than sound bites.
>> Content - 3/10 - sounded like she would be far too beligerant for my tastes, also her policies are unclear and unsubstantial.
>> Up/Down - Down Strongly (Warmonger)
>> Ranking - 7th; I would go out of my way to vote AGAINST her.

Cain
>> Performance - 7/10 - handled the attacks on his 999 plan neither particularly well nor poorly, otherwise solid performance.
>> Content - 7/10 - Hurt himself with the hostage stuff, could have been clearer about the taxes eliminated by the consumption portion of his 999 stuff.
>> Up/Down - Stable
>> Ranking - 2nd/3rd; Hardly my first choice but his positions have some points I agree with and if managed well in the congress the negative points could be mitigated.

Gingrich
>> Performance - 9/10 - Well collected, well reasoned, on topic - vast improvement; though still lacking time management.
>> Content - 7/10 - His positions seemed significantly clearer, though he did resort to the whole 'see my website' thing when I would have preffered more information.
>> Up/Down - Up Strongly (Reasoned)
>> Ranking - 2nd/3rd; Like with Cain, I think his plans could be implemented in such a way that the negative aspects could be mitigated, it would however require congress to WORK.

Paul
>> Performance - 8/10 - Significantly better than his previous 2/3 outings. Could well have stressed his recently released plan more.
>> Content - 9/10 - On message, nice and consistent. The Iran issue seems to be counting against him less than it used to be, could perhaps stress their lack of military power more.
>> Up/Down - Stable
>> Ranking - 1st; I still think his message is the best, despite the reservations I have with some of his positions.

Perry
>> Performance - 5/10 - Better than last time (not that THAT means much) however was needlessly aggressive
>> Content - 6/10 - Shifted a little to smaller government and less foreign aid; how reliable this is, given his other positions is unclear.
>> Up/Down - Down Moderately (Aggression)
>> Ranking - 4th/5th; Instant establishment president, just add water. I wouldn't vote for him but unless there was a candidate that really impressed me (like Paul regardless of his party) then I probably would not go out of my way to vote for the opposition.

Romney
>> Performance - 7/10 - Handling of attacks was far less impressive than usual. Basically just a little more polished than perry and thats it.
>> Content - 6/10 - Again as shifted towards the smaller government,
>> Up/Down - Down Slightly (Anger)
>> Ranking - 4th/5th; Same as Perry... plus if polygamy is in his family maybe he will legalise it :P so that counts in his favour lol

Santorum
>> Performance - 5/10 - Like Perry he was on the attack, the two of them reminded me of nothing more than brats misbehaving at a family restraunt, shouting and throwing food.
>> Content - 4/10 - I felt many of his responses were formulaic and that on those that he DID give responces to I have reservations about the positions he seems to have taken.
>> Up/Down - Stable
>> Ranking - 6th; I do not see this guy as a credible president, I do not think he has the skills for the position, or else he has been poor at communicating that fitness for duty.

Almost all of the candidates, Romney and Perry in particular were increasingly using speech that implies support for relying on the free-market, reducing the role of government; regardless of whether or not you agree with him, it is unquestionable that Ron Paul has shaped this movement within the GOP candidates. Gringrich was a clear winner in this debate in my opinion, while Paul did well and Cain certainly did not embarrass himself.

Edited by Stitch, 18 October 2011 - 10:08 PM.

Fav Quote of the Week:

"In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool." Lord Chesterfield


#45 Red2111

Red2111

    DM's Red Headed Step Child

  • DM - Staff
  • 14,947 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Mississippi

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:30 AM

i disagree. i'm still a fan of Cain but he did embarass himself last night over the 999. the opponents ar right, middle class and low class will pay more under the 999 plan and depending on when the 9% consumption tax applies it might be a "value add tax" on some products.

Cain says that comparing a State Sales tax toa Federal sales Tax is comparing apples and oranges, but it's not. i'd expect a Federal Sales Tax to act just the same as a State Sales Tax, just on a bigger scale. and yes it means that people will be having to pay another tax, what Rmoney says about having to pay both the State sales tax and the fed Sales tax on the consumer level is 100% true and honestly, for Cain either not to see the truth in his opponents words (whether intentionally or not) lowers my opinion of him.

i still like Cain the best out of everyone on stage, with Romney being my 2nd pick; but last night i saw a Political Herman Cain doing the normal Washington Tap Dance on some issues, which lowers my opinion of him. because the fact that he was te only candidate not doing the normal washington duck and jive, thats what i liked about him so much. not only that, but also his backing the Bank Bail Out as well (which Romney and Perry did as well according to Santorum). infact, the main reason i'm disappointed abotu this is because i was just bragging about how truthful of a candidate he is :dry:

so right now, instead of Cain being out in front of Romney, their about tied for first in my book with Cains background and previous performances being the only reason i'm liking him more than Romney


with Romney, i still see "politics as usual" with this guy. his main flaw to me, he's not a true conservative (more of a moderate with conservative leanings) so i can't trust that he's not goign to stand firm against things like redistribution of wealth and government degregulation; that and he's the a-typical career politicain. i'm tiered of career politicians to be frank, and honestly with Romney (even last year) he's oily *shakes head* but i'd setlle for him if push came to shove


Newt is my Constant 3rd. i'd love him as a VP candidate *nods* we saw him step up as a mediator to all the bickering this time around and no matter what you say abotu newt, he's constantly tried to unify the candidates in one solid goal "Get Obama Out". i think someone like Newt is what the Senate needs to have in control of them; someone whose not gonna put up with thier pony & horse show and is gonna make them get down to brass tactics. even all of this and my preferance for having him as VP, i'd be happy with him as President, again becuase of his attitude. i can see Newt getting things done and actually standing up to the Left.

one thing Newt, drop the damn pledges/contracts!!!! it didn't work under Clinton, this last one you helped co-author is a joke and a flimsy paper shield that Bahner isn't following; America doesn't want another broken contrct cause they do no good, we want a change in the party.


4th is Ron Paul. he's about the last of the candidates i'd be fine with voting and wouldn't think twice about. his Foriegn Policy lacks majorily because of the isolationist tone to it. last night i'm a bit more happy with his policies since he explained Military cuts don't equal cuts in defence and that he supports a Militarized boarder for some part. he is right in that alot of the basis over seas could be closed (liek his examples of Germany and S.Korea, though admittedly we've been pulling out of Korea more and more since the latter Bush years). i can't say i agree with him totally about foriegn aid though, especially concerning Isreal. one of them said (ain i think) we need to seperate our friends and our enemys, stop giving to our enemies and keep giving to our friends. this is a better approach imo. beign Allies with a nation intells an unspoken agreement that you back eachother up (in trade, in Money and in Troops) i think we can cut back how much Foreign aid we give to our allies, but not stop it totally (especially with Isreal seeing the amount of flack they have to deal with).

i'll get behind majority of his domestic policy though. he's got a bold solution with his plan of proposing to shut down 5 gov sectors right off the bat. and while i don't think all should be shut down comletely (for instance i disagree with him about some aspects of the Dept of Education) this is the right direction we need to be thinking. now like Romney, Paul is also a career politician; but their records are totally different. while i hate the fact he's a career politicain, i can deal with that because of his record. unlike Romney this guy is a stuanch conservative, and he's not wavered in his beliefs in his entire career (which i respect and like in a candidate).


5th, is Santorum. he's blah imo, but he has alot of positives that Ron Paul (my 4th) lacks. mainly in the foriegn policy area. but honestly, theres nothing that really stands out about this guy. he's not a trend setter like Cain (comming up with brass plans and getting a great convo started about real issues *thanks Newt for that wording*);he has more of a followers disposition. i can't see this guy not bending or breaking if the pressure gets tough and he's forced to make a hard decision. in otherwords, his backbone seems made more of maluable plastic rather than rought iron steel.

in all honesty, every candidate has something that makes them stand out in the pack, Santorum doesnt; and this isn't a good quality to have in the Leader of the Free World.


6th on my list is Bachmen, but only just y a hair. i'm proud of her in this last debate, she actually showed she can think for her own instead of just being a brain dead, buzz word repeating parrot of a Sarah Palin Clone. i think really, given her background in Taxes, i'd perfer her as head of the Fed Reserve or some position like that. but she's no where near qualified to be in the top 5 positions that run this country (President, VP, Speaker or Sec of State). her comments about spreading our troops too thin is good, and she's right about what she says abotu Iran (though going to war with them isn't a good option, instead we should hit them in the trade and tarrif belt and dissaciate ourselves with them) i'm also glad to see her focus shifting from just "do away with Obama care" to other things *slow golf clap* about time she did lmao

7th is my dead last, Rick Perry. seriously, this guy just needs to drop out. last night was horrible. aside from the fact that i still see nothing more than Bush's last 4 years when i look at him, this guy is just bad news. he's got puppet written on him in bolder letters than bush ever did, i think even Bachmen could hold her own in a debate agaisnt Obama but i doubt Perry could. he maybe a great Govenor, but that doesn't mean he'd make a great anythign on a federal level. aside from his flip-floppy stance on both Social Security and Immigration, the only thing i can get behind this guy on is the boarder issue (and sorry, that just doesn't cut it given how many problems this country is facing). infact, last nights circus act (and i'm being nice here) was a disappointment. he should have saved face and just dropped out, because you coudl see in his body language he knows the race is lost for him.

not only was he rude to all the other candidates, and tried nothing more than to sling as much dirt on others as he could; he came up the jackass in all the mud fights he started cause he's just not good at debating. but he didn't even have the courtesy to answer the questions he was asked; always changing the subject to either Boarder Security or Alternative Energy. dude, just stop before the little shred of dignity (your position on the boarder) goes away as well. save face an run for re-election in Texas.
Posted Image

siggies by: Ama, Mashi, Frog, Ithi, and Boopsy <3 u all

#46 Kivam

Kivam
  • Members
  • 9,796 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:New York

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

Romney's not a career politician; he spent most of his career in the private sector.

Posted Image

 

What would be the benefit of watching a vulture eat the insides of a dead camel?

 


#47 Haxorsist

Haxorsist
  • Members
  • 2,836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Snoreway

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

I thought Romney handled himself well. There was a lot of back and forth between him and Perry, but I think Romney came out of that on top. I find Santorum (PG13?) annoying. There's something about this guy that rubs me the wrong way. Especially when he kept interrupting Romney and then said that Romney's time was up. It made him seem kinda childish, but I guess a heated debate can do that you.
Posted Image
Vi er så få her i landet, hver fallen er bror og venn.

#48 BKVMC

BKVMC
  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

The only reason Romney isnt a career politician is because he keeps failing at it other than his stint as GOV of MA but honestly he was vastly different then in his beliefs than he says he is now. if i had to vote for one of these GOP canidates as a center left person i would vote for ron paul. as an addition regarding Romney where i live in indiana its very much a red state area mostly evangelical republicans and i asked the ones i know what they dont like about Romney and their answer was simple hes a mormon they consider the mormon church a cult and they would never vote for a person that they believe is like a false prophet persona.

#49 Stitch

Stitch
  • Members
  • 321 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

Lol, that WAS a great line by Gingrich wasnt it?

Personally I think that Romney had a relatively shaky night, but otherwise shone in places; Gingrich did better and was sharper throughout the performance, though the money for advice thing is hampering him and as for Ron Paul, he did well - his performance was well handled most of the night though this format is obviously not one of his strong suits. Personally I think the GOP nomination really does boil down to these three candidates, of them Gingrich has a poor match up against obama on most of the polling, Romney does much better - though I think when generals roll around the romneycare issue will arise which Obama would present as Romney merely playing partisan politics, on one hand offering up romneycare while on the other hand screeching about obamacare - paul would probably have an easier time of the match up against obama... he would even be able to draw some democrats and independents, perhaps even enlarging the voter pool altogether - his main problem will be if the republican backers decide to through their weight behind the democrats or a third party candidate.

Fav Quote of the Week:

"In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool." Lord Chesterfield


#50 SinisterDeath

SinisterDeath
  • DM - Staff
  • 15,468 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

Doesn't Paul have very little backing/coverage from the media?

gallery_6827_296_97964.jpg


#51 Majsju

Majsju
  • Members
  • 9,963 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lund, Skåne

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

IShocking to see people think gingritch do well. He (or rather It) is a sick animal that should locked up in a mental institution for the rest if its life. If it ever gets even close to become president, I sincerely hope it gets killed.
Posted Image

#52 BKVMC

BKVMC
  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

Thats because people have forgot his term as speaker of the house. with Gingrich it will always be about gingrich for the GOPs sake even though i doubt i will be voting for a republican they would do better to pick a canidate with less baggage.

#53 chuckievi

chuckievi

    Debates & Discussions Mod

  • Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

Maj you also have to keep in mind the relative age level (or what I perceive to be the age level) of your average D&D poster. Other than you, I believe I am the oldest of the regular posters who has been around recently, and I can barely remember Newt as speaker. Nobody who I talk to who is a Republican past their 30s is very interested in voting for Newt. He seems to be experiencing a revival in the younger conservatives who just plain don't remember him, but see the strong credentials.

#54 Stitch

Stitch
  • Members
  • 321 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

*Shrugs* I wasn't talking about whether or not I would vote for Gingrich (Go Ron Paul!) I was talking about his performance in the debate itself (though Gingrich's momentum of late has been tampering off slightly imo)

Edited by Stitch, 18 December 2011 - 04:17 PM.

Fav Quote of the Week:

"In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool." Lord Chesterfield


#55 Red2111

Red2111

    DM's Red Headed Step Child

  • DM - Staff
  • 14,947 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Mississippi

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

*cough*

i'll be writing in Herman Cain for the Primarys *nods*


admittedly, i haven't watched a single debate since October; by then i had made up my mind about all the candidates and figure all the later debates are just them pandering to the electoral/party and preaching the same stuff.

though i'll be writing in a candidate for the Primary, honestly i can stomach holding my nose and voting for any of the possible candiates up there so long as it's not Bachman or Perry. if Bachman or Perry wins the nom, i'll be writing in Donald Trump in the general election.


as for my thoughts on the candidates, really out of the current ones i don't see anyone who can beat Obama like Cain could, if i really had to pick though i'd have to go for Paul on this as having the best chance for beating Obama the easiest. but i still greatly dislike Pauls foriegn Policy stance, though his domestic policy stance is wonderful.


with Romney .... he's the typical Rhino Rep and i want to get away from the Rhino's and career politican types.

Newt ... i still proclaim he's better as a VP candidate. the fact that he tried to push a single payer healthcare system when he was speaker will go against him and i'm sure he has loads of skeletons we don't knwo about but will severly hamper his electablilty if he gets the Nom. on the other hand, if he can pull support from Clinton ... well this will slash Pbamas voter base in half and whiel it will piss off alot of Republicans, coudl be one of the only ways to secure the election and make sure this SOB doesn't get re-elected. and seriously, getting Obama out of office is the main focus with this election.

the last candidate even worth comment is Santorum, and thats only because of his overseas knowledge. again, a very good VP candidate imo.



the last remaining candidates woudl do better to just drop out and throw there support for one fo the above 4. ofcourse i've been hoping Perry would drop like a fly since his first debate :dry:
Posted Image

siggies by: Ama, Mashi, Frog, Ithi, and Boopsy <3 u all

#56 WWWwombat

WWWwombat

    Maréchal Général des Camps et Armées du Village

  • Members
  • 14,315 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Massachusetts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:19 AM

The only reason Romney isnt a career politician is because he keeps failing at it other than his stint as GOV of MA but honestly he was vastly different then in his beliefs than he says he is now. if i had to vote for one of these GOP canidates as a center left person i would vote for ron paul. as an addition regarding Romney where i live in indiana its very much a red state area mostly evangelical republicans and i asked the ones i know what they dont like about Romney and their answer was simple hes a mormon they consider the mormon church a cult and they would never vote for a person that they believe is like a false prophet persona.


I doubt Romney's beliefs have changed very much. Massachusetts is one of the most liberal states in the Union, so even a Republican has to give a little to the left wing in order to survive here. Unfortunately for Romney, the way the base of the Republican party currently ostracizes almost anyone who is willing to cooperate with Democrats, he couldn't say that, so he pretty much had to BS it and look like a flip flopper.
Posted Image

#57 bgrishinko

bgrishinko

    Stop trying to pronounce it: Call me BG.

  • Members
  • 7,419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston... unfortunately...

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Such is politics. My problem with Romney isn't the flip-flopping issues or the Bain capital stuff, but more that he doesn't feel authentic to me. I don't feel any heart in his speeches or promises. He's running primarily like it his job and not his passion to help the country. I'm not convinced anything will really change too much other than the typical republican tag lines of keeping taxes low and repealing Obamacare, and getting more grumpy with Asia and Iran than we already are. I don't believe he'll reform the tax code, I don't believe anything will change for the typical US citizen. I just get an overall blandness from him.

I've been rooting for Huntsman from the very beginning. His economic policy is superb and has been endorsed by the WSJ, he understands foriegn policy better than almost anyone up there, he knows how to make the country an attractive place for jobs. I think people underestimated him because he didn't have any great soundbites in the early debates and people saw him as a Romney clone. He was villified early on for working under Obama, which he only recently turned into a strength. He got re-elected as Gov. in Utah with over 80% of the vote in Utah AFTER loosening liquor laws and fighting for more gay rights in Utah (typically a big no-no in Mormon town on both fronts). So I'm hoping for a Huntsman upset today in NH.

That's my pandering for the day. :rolleyes:
Posted Image
BG: a mafia type pokemon usually hunts in packs with other mafia type pokemon. Use extreme caution! Special attacks include Night Kill, Word Twistery, and Deceit. - EP
www.kritpetty.com

#58 Hallow

Hallow

    The Suzerain of Night

  • Members
  • 1,373 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oslo, Norway

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

*cough*

i'll be writing in Herman Cain for the Primarys *nods*


admittedly, i haven't watched a single debate since October; by then i had made up my mind about all the candidates and figure all the later debates are just them pandering to the electoral/party and preaching the same stuff.

though i'll be writing in a candidate for the Primary, honestly i can stomach holding my nose and voting for any of the possible candiates up there so long as it's not Bachman or Perry. if Bachman or Perry wins the nom, i'll be writing in Donald Trump in the general election.


as for my thoughts on the candidates, really out of the current ones i don't see anyone who can beat Obama like Cain could, if i really had to pick though i'd have to go for Paul on this as having the best chance for beating Obama the easiest. but i still greatly dislike Pauls foriegn Policy stance, though his domestic policy stance is wonderful.


with Romney .... he's the typical Rhino Rep and i want to get away from the Rhino's and career politican types.

Newt ... i still proclaim he's better as a VP candidate. the fact that he tried to push a single payer healthcare system when he was speaker will go against him and i'm sure he has loads of skeletons we don't knwo about but will severly hamper his electablilty if he gets the Nom. on the other hand, if he can pull support from Clinton ... well this will slash Pbamas voter base in half and whiel it will piss off alot of Republicans, coudl be one of the only ways to secure the election and make sure this SOB doesn't get re-elected. and seriously, getting Obama out of office is the main focus with this election.

the last candidate even worth comment is Santorum, and thats only because of his overseas knowledge. again, a very good VP candidate imo.



the last remaining candidates woudl do better to just drop out and throw there support for one fo the above 4. ofcourse i've been hoping Perry would drop like a fly since his first debate :dry:


Didn't Cain quit the race?
"HAIL THE MARINES!"
- Heavies of the Bonehunters

"I saw in their faces the erosion of her will, and they bore it. They bore it as they did all else. These Malazans, they shame the gods themselves..."
— Aranict

Debates & Discussions Moderator. PM me if you have any questions.

#59 bgrishinko

bgrishinko

    Stop trying to pronounce it: Call me BG.

  • Members
  • 7,419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston... unfortunately...

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

Yeah.... and Bachmann. Perry is probably soon to follow I think.
Posted Image
BG: a mafia type pokemon usually hunts in packs with other mafia type pokemon. Use extreme caution! Special attacks include Night Kill, Word Twistery, and Deceit. - EP
www.kritpetty.com

#60 Red2111

Red2111

    DM's Red Headed Step Child

  • DM - Staff
  • 14,947 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Mississippi

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

yesh Hallow, Cain suspended his campaign, thats why i said i'll be writing him in once MS holds their primary. :tongue: you can do this for any election, and imo it's prefferable against voting for the lesser of the two evils. just because a person isn't runing, doesn't mean you can't cast your vote for them.

currently, i'm not happy witht he current set of politicans and still feel he's the best to beat Obama. that being said, no matter who gets the Nom nod now, i can stomach holding my nose and votign for them agaisnt Obama (excluding Perry ofcourse)
Posted Image

siggies by: Ama, Mashi, Frog, Ithi, and Boopsy <3 u all