DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time references in popular culture..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several references in the Dragon Age games.

Also, in George R. R. Martin's series, A Song of Ice and Fire, one of the noble houses in Dorne is House Jordayne. The name of the lord is Trebor which is Robert backwards. He rules over the Tor. Tor is the publisher for the Wheel of Time. Finally, House Jordayne's motto is "Let it be written."

It's basically a homage as both Martin and Jordan were good friends and Jordan's endorsement of Martin's series was very beneficial.

There are several references in the Dragon Age games.

Also, in George R. R. Martin's series, A Song of Ice and Fire, one of the noble houses in Dorne is House Jordayne. The name of the lord is Trebor which is Robert backwards. He rules over the Tor. Tor is the publisher for the Wheel of Time. Finally, House Jordayne's motto is "Let it be written."

It's basically a homage as both Martin and Jordan were good friends and Jordan's endorsement of Martin's series was very beneficial.

There are actually quite a few in Dragon age. Especially the first one

There are some bands that have written songs with lyrics referring to Rand al'Thor and the Dragon. Can't remember where I heard this, but I think it was somewhere on Dragonmount.com. Also, I don't know if it's intentional, but I sometimes get the feeling that the writers of "Fringe" on Fox are WoT fans. Nothing specific, but some of their ideas seem very WoT to me.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a metal band named "Lanfear"

The band Nightwish has a song called "The Kinslayer", though it is not about The Wheel of Time. Seems likely the title is a reference to WoT though.

The band Nightwish is badass! <3

The title is not a reference to WoT. The song is about the Columbine massacre.

The band Nightwish has a song called "The Kinslayer", though it is not about The Wheel of Time. Seems likely the title is a reference to WoT though.

I said the song is not about the WoT. It does, however, seem likely that the title is a reference to WoT, especially considering Tuomas is a fantasy fan and many of their songs have literature or movie references. I have no proof that the title is a reference to WoT, it just seems likely.

I said the song is not about the WoT. It does, however, seem likely that the title is a reference to WoT, especially considering Tuomas is a fantasy fan and many of their songs have literature or movie references. I have no proof that the title is a reference to WoT, it just seems likely.

It does not seem likely at all. I know Toumas is a fan of fantasy,the song Wishmaster is one such example. But why would the title be a reference to WoT when the song is about the killings at Columbine, doesn´t make much sense...

I've started saying, "Oh, Light!" and "Burn me!" a lot.

Well - I also started cursing with "bloody something" however I doubt it counts.

AFAIR in World of Warcraft there is a quest hub with people from the WoT and several quests somehow related.