DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rands reaction

atlas74

I would imagine Rand will comment on it, its a pretty big accomplishment. We havent seen how PW weapons were made in the AoL but I doubt LTT had much to do with it so knowing how it was done may not be part of the memories. I would think work like that would be beneath the station of LTT or any of the Chosen. Also, Perrin would have known tempering techniques from making farm implements like scythes and such. A sword would have the same tempering as a blade made to cut hay. I worked a forge as a teenager and temper is one of the basics you learn working metal.

I think he will react how he did with Ny when she discovered how to cure madness. He will be surprised and praise him for it, then maybe ask him to see about making as many as he can before the last battle.

Impressed no doubt. Likely ask his [Perrin's] Asha'man, Aes Sedai and Wise Ones to teach it to his [Rand's] so as to mass-produce. Have a pipe and a pint of stout. Talk about that time Mat dumped a a bag of flour on Perrin's head as he was relaxing under a tree after a hard day in the forge.

Great name HWCWTB!

Rand: Whoa man! Lets go smash Mats badger with it!

OR

Rand: Perrin dont tell me its hammer time.

OR

Rand: Awww its so cute, whats its name?

OR

Rand: Now that will keep Faile in line....could I get one? You know I've got three women!

I also think Rand will be pleased w/ it, maybe have the AM show others how to do it.

I think, given one of the three Oaths, I'm more interested in seeing how Egwene will respond to Men learning how to make power-wrought weapons. I forget how the AS w/Perrin felt about it, but I don't recall them making a big to-do about it.

i think egwene is going to be strait up pissed off beacuse of its a power wrought weapon and all that jazz. its going to be good to see everyones reaction to it im sure

i have a feeling that the hammer is going to be crucail at some point

My suspicion is that it'll be Perrin that actually reseals the Dark One. Due to the nature of SG, the boundary between the real world and TAR will be broken down. Perrin will enter TAR physically with the hammer, and there he'll make the Pattern whole.

well first off, totally epic name you have there. I've many a night with bubble bubble bubble, cough cough, Nynaeave pulls her braid while I dive into a chapter I've all ready read a dozen times.

I think Egwene is gonna flip when she realizes Perrin has a power-wrought weapon. I kind of hope she tries to confiscate it so Perrin can give her the beat down. Just my two scents, but I think Perrin's going to kill Taim with that hammer.

Also, his hammer is not simply Powerwrought. It's somehow unique.

I agree with this. My previous impression is that powerwrought weapons did use the power to make them in a realtively simple process.

Perrin's hammer used his emotions and eight linked channlers in the process. I think Perrin's hammer is legendary and not just a "simple" powerwrought weapon.

I think he'll be like:

Perrin: Check this out cuz!

Rand: Nice hammer. Was it Artur Hawkwing's too? My sword was. Oh, it wasn't? Oh well, it's ok though.

I don't think Rand will even remark on it. Heck, he didn't even comment that Morgase is alive when Tam told him, and most of his madness can be attributed to his supposed inaction causing her death and Elayne's response.

I think he'll be like:

Perrin: Check this out cuz!

Rand: Nice hammer. Was it Artur Hawkwing's too? My sword was. Oh, it wasn't? Oh well, it's ok though.

I don't think Rand will even remark on it. Heck, he didn't even comment that Morgase is alive when Tam told him, and most of his madness can be attributed to his supposed inaction causing her death and Elayne's response.

Bear in mind that he was still Darth Rand at this point, as it was pre-VoG. Psychologically he was an unstable mess. (And then the mention of Caddy's manoeuverings tipped him over the edge.)

Rand Sedai will react differently.

i really doubt he is going to shrug and move on pretty much any one that is going to see that huge hammer is going to wonder about it for sure i mean come on the things like 4 feet long and huge as hell the way i picture it i think it has a lot of the same qualities as mats fox head something about the emotions that went into it to make it did something profound to it in the process i think thats how all the power weapons were made back in the day cause no one really knows how they were made just as no one knows milking tears and spinning earth fire i think now that rand has all the memories it would be nice to have him put some info down on the hammer just like he did with cads paralisis net i belive that ltt who was a swordsman might of helped out in making his own weapons back in the day cause if i was this bad mofo with a sword and in the power i would want to be there to help out in making the things i would use

What I think is interesting is not only Rand's reaction to the hammer but what Rand knows about wolfbrothers from the AoL. Will he talk to Perrin about it? Considering that Rand has LT memories almost everyone of his friends can benefit from his knowledge (Mat and his memories and his link (if it does indeed exists as he thinks) not the least of all).

I don't see any reason for Rand to make a special comment on it. He'll certainly recognize it as a magical hammer +5 with +3 extra damage against Shadowspawn, but there really isn't anything for Rand to say. And neither will Egwene. Both of them have far bigger fish to fry than something as insignificant as a power wrought weapon.

The hammer is not just Power wrought, but somehow unique, what with the whole shadowspawn burning thing.

I think that Rand will tell Perrin why/how it is unique, or, if he never saw it before in the AoL, comment on it and say "well, thats certainly strange"

I don't think Rand is going to ask anyone to try and re-produce or mass produce the hammer. It will be unique. Besides the fact that it probably wont be possible (consider the circumstances when Perrin made it) there is also the issue of time. The end game is upon us, no more time to prepare...

I do think the the hammer has properties that are unique, so maybe Rand Sedai will recognise some ability that will help defeat the dark one...maybe it will shatter dreamspikes...

• 2 weeks later...

i really never thought this post would get any type of response most of mine go by the way side i just had a thought about the hammer maybee its one of those thingers and ppl dont need to be able to channel to use one of those special types of ter angreal probbally not but ya never know and we wont know until the end

and i am jonesing for the end to come since 6th grade in high school and im 31 now :jordan:

Archived