New Spring comics

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Harrison

Ron Harrison
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hi everyone. Is it safe to say that I'm out of luck for getting my issues # 7 and 8 of New Spring? I've been waiting for years now. My son bought the subscription for me as well as himself. He hasn't received his either. I remember he said he emailed the dabel brothers some. They promised over and over that they would send them and never did. I guess that's lying isn't it? My son spoke with Maria at Jordoncon last year, and she tried to get them to send the comics and still nothing. They promised her too. I mean, it's not the end of the world if I get ripped off, but I do hate when that happens. Anyone else in this fix? Or, maybe you found a way to get your issues?

#2 Samhain

Samhain
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

Ron, due to Dabel Bros. Publishing ceasing operation, issues 7 and 8 were bundled into the New Spring graphic novel which was produced by Dynamite Entertainment.

You can purchase this from Amazon.com on the cheap( about 17 bucks ). It also comes with some additional sketches plus lots of emails between Robert Jordan and Les Dabel, which detail Jordan's opinion about the comic's look, feel, direction and whatnot. All in all, a great collection for the price.

Additionally, if you are interested, Dynamite has continued with the production of the Eye of the World comic adaptation. They bundled issues 0 and 1 into a single issue 1, and followed that with issues 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and issue 9 was just released last week. Not sure if there are forum guidelines against this, but there is an online comic shop I use that can order those issues as well. Here is a link: http://heavyink.com/...ye-Of-The-World

That one will get you issue 4->9 plus 1.5. Unfortunately, they are showing 1, 2, and 3 as out of stock.

Mods: If the external link is a no-no, feel free to delete.

#3 Darth_Andrea

Darth_Andrea
  • Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:17 PM

Actually you can order most of the Eye Of The World Comics as single issues from Dynamite's website http://www.dynamitee...Z=Wheel+OF+Time

Volume #1 of the series will be released as a collected single edition in September it's already on http://www.Amazon.com for preorder.

As for new spring issue #8 as a single issue and the collected trade is also on the dynamite online store. http://www.dynamitee...Z=new+spring...

Edited by Darth_Andrea, 21 April 2011 - 12:21 PM.

Posted ImageDarth_Andrea

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Samhain

Samhain
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

Nice additional info Andrea.

#5 Darth_Andrea

Darth_Andrea
  • Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:02 PM

I have been posting news updates on the comics since the #1 from Dynamite was released last year over in a thread on Tarvalon.net forums linky here http://www.tarvalon.....php?f=79&t=513

I post solicits and previews as they are released. Previews of each issue usually come out a few days before the issue hits the shelves.

Edited by Darth_Andrea, 21 April 2011 - 03:03 PM.

Posted ImageDarth_Andrea

#6 Ron Harrison

Ron Harrison
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for the information everyone.

#7 jenniferl

jenniferl

Balrog of Love

• Administrators
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

Les Dabel told me at JordanCon that they were still trying to fill NEW SPRING orders. Given their track record, I wouldn't get excited though.

I also Chair JordanCon, blog at Northside Food and am the President of the Southern Fandom Confederation.

I've disabled my PM box. You'll need to email me if you have an issue. jennifer@dragonmount.com

#8 Darth_Andrea

Darth_Andrea
  • Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

Les Dabel told me at JordanCon that they were still trying to fill NEW SPRING orders. Given their track record, I wouldn't get excited though.

Yeah Jen I think it's kinda obvious by now, especially since Dabel Brothers has all but closed it's doors, that any info coming from them is suspect at best. I'm sorry they have proven over and over and over that they can not run a comics company to any success. We are lucky that Dynamite Entertainment bought their catalog and has continued publishing Eye Of The World. For those people who haven't gotten their New Spring issues I recommend they give up on waiting for the Dabel's to send them and just go buy the trade paper back which contains all 8 issues of the series.

Posted ImageDarth_Andrea

#9 tyr3030

tyr3030
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

decklin's domain still shows that they have A New Spring in stock but you will pay premiem price on it.

#10 Toraneko

Toraneko
  • Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:00 PM

The preorder link for EotW is here: http://www.amazon.co...04384362&sr=8-3
I'm still not a big fan of the style and depiction of the characters in the comic but I guess I'll be getting it...

#11 Samhain

Samhain
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:50 AM

The preorder link for EotW is here: http://www.amazon.co...04384362&sr=8-3
I'm still not a big fan of the style and depiction of the characters in the comic but I guess I'll be getting it...

If you want any newer examples of characters, I can scan some for you.

#12 Darth_Andrea

Darth_Andrea
  • Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

Here are some of the recent preview pages to show some of the newer character looks since Chase Conley left.

Click To Enlarge

Moiraine And Egwene From Issue 9
Posted Image Posted Image

Moiraine, Nynaeve, Lan Cover Of Issue 11
Posted Image

Rand And Ishamael Cover to issue 10
Posted Image

Posted ImageDarth_Andrea

#13 tyr3030

tyr3030
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

i just received a second copy of new spring #7 if anyone would like to buy it from me e-mail me at tyr3030@yahoo.com

#14 christinawhite099

christinawhite099
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:34 AM

thanks for the information for everyone
=========
webicon

#15 Tud

Tud
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:47 AM

I'd given up hope of ever completing the New Spring series since they abruptly stopped production after #6 (I think). i've been pissed about this for some time, but figured that there was nothing to be done about it. Just chalked up to being stupid to trust Dabel Bros. Then, over Christmas I stumbled upon the competed version of the entire series.I couldn't believe it. They'd actually completed the story. Needless to say I hot footed my way to the cashier and made my purchase. Then life got in the way I wasn't able to immediately sit down and read the entire series end to end. Finally, this weekend, things settled down and I was able to read the entire book. What a joke!!

I gotta tell ya, aside form the statisfaction of finishing the series, this experienc has been a major disappointment. First, I pre-ordered and got gypped by Dabel and then had to pay again to finish the series. Second, last few volumes' art work is terrible.I almost couldn't finish it. Morriane in particular is a disgrace..She looks like a human with a cat face and the only way to tell her from Edyenn (sp) is the presence of her stone ornament. Couldn't they have gotten a competent artist to at least approximate the figures depeicted in the earlier volumes.

What a let down.

tud

Edited by Tud, 30 January 2012 - 06:01 AM.