DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I have won again, Lews Therin

Seeker Matt

I apologise as this has probably been asked many times before but I could not find an answer when searching these forums.

"I have won again, Lews Therin." I believe this is what the DO said to Rand at the end of each life he experienced through the portal stone when travelling to Falme in The Great Hunt.

I do not understand it; surely if the DO has won before, the pattern will have ended?

Does this also not mean that to win all the DO has to do is kill Rand?

Scifi.com Chat 1 November 1998

Rothaar: When Rand takes Verin and the others through a portal stone in The Great Hunt, at the end of each life he hears "I have won again Lews Therin". I thought that if the Dark One won even once the Wheel would be broken and therefore the Dragon would not be reborn again. How could the Dark One have won before to be able to say "again"?

RJ: There are degrees of victory. The Dark One can achieve victory by breaking free, but can also achieve lesser victories. Such as by stopping the Dragon Reborn from doing other things he was born to do. It isn't as simple as him being born to fight the Dark One. It's never simple.

I apologise as this has probably been asked many times before but I could not find an answer when searching these forums.

"I have won again, Lews Therin." I believe this is what the DO said to Rand at the end of each life he experienced through the portal stone when travelling to Falme in The Great Hunt.

I do not understand it; surely if the DO has won before, the pattern will have ended?

Does this also not mean that to win all the DO has to do is kill Rand?

it could mean 'win' as in not losing, remember that the DO has been losing in effect all throughout time, and that by not being defeated he defaultly wins in a certain capacity, it isnt a total win nor is it a total loss

Archived